Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Sorry to hear that it looks like it may be a bit of a struggle for you with that hotel.

When it comes to future travel, I think I have learned after this that I am going to go the refundable/free cancellation route and pay the extra amount just to be safe. Maybe not with airlines, but with hotels.

2. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    If anyone's interested, there was more. I don't think her English is the best which is no criticism whatsoever, my fault for not knowing German, but I'm not sure how final her decision was. Might zip over for the Oktoberfest if it's on instead!

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    Might it be possible to extend the rebooking period to July 2021 on payment of a supplement, to compensate for any rise in
    room rates for next year?

Viele Grüße

Kenneth

First of all, thank you for your reply.
    Unfortunately the reservation can not be move into year 2021.
    Actually the restriction of the borders are until 14.06.2020 EU countries. It means there is not restriction until july to travel in germany and the decision is be making depending on the situation of the crisis.
    Therefore the hotels were opened for tourists since 30.05.2020 in Germany and it According to the decision of the government there is for the moment no restriction to travel in germany in july or the instruction to cancel the reservation due to the high risk for july .
    In that case we can not modified for 2021 or cancel the reservation free of charge. Although we are depending on situation of this crisis in Germany and the measures taken weekly. It means, we are also depending on the news and decision of the govnerment and can not give you an update about any free cancellation or modification of your reservation into 2021.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mit freundlichen Grüße/ Best regards

3. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    P.S. Short and sweet from my Vienna hotel. Looks like a jaunt to Munich before Christmas will have to be the plan. Think I'll just get my match tickets refunded.

"
    Dear Mr.***************,
    thank you very much for your mail.
    After consulting with our director, I regret to inform that we cannot cancel or postpone non-refundable bookings.
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Stay open-minded. Stay with us.

4. keremistanbul

keremistanbul Member

Fenerbahçe
    Turkey
    Sep 6, 2015
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    I was refunded more than what I expected or they have refunded delivery fee too.

5. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Well, at least, Munich and Vienna are beautiful, great cities.

6. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Sold one tkt back to uefa in this sell back phase, had a refund for the ticket yesterday

7. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    sold 2 tix, email said refunded, but bank has nothing. any idea what to do?
    thanks

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Wait!

Ric_Braz repped this.
  9. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
  10. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Think that's just London and Amsterdam to confirm, haven't heard anything about Budapest though. Hopefully it's just form filling they're waiting on. Can't see London turning down the semis and the final, it's possible that Amsterdam are asking themselves do they really need extra summer visitors, the place gets as crammed as Venice as it is and hotel prices are stupid for what you get, in the centre anyway.

11. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I think there's a better chance of you getting double your money back from those hotels than London giving up on the tournament fully, haha. Maybe they give up the Round of 16 game, but I can't see them giving up three England group games, the semis, and finals. Frankly, I can't really see Amsterdam giving up those Dutch group games either. If they were neutral hosts, I think it would be more likely.

12. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Pulled a bit of a wheeze on the Munich hotel, though I'll probably go. Postponed booking till October but at the flexible rate this time, so if I cancel I get the full refund. Tee hee!

LaParka710 repped this.
  13. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    The Scottish FA has confirmed that Glasgow remains as a host too.

And there are a number of news articles about Dublin possibly hosting additional matches, so while there has been no FA announcement confirming Dublin for next summer, it has been indirectly “confirmed.”

14. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    got money back, even made 60$ profit :)

Forzabarca repped this.
  15. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    Amsterdam confirmed yesterday:

There were official confirmations from Glasgow, Bucharest, Copenhagen, Munchen, Dublin, Amsterdam. I didn't see something official, but I can't imagine there will be problems with London, Baku, Sankt-Petersburg or Budapest.

My doubts are about Rome and Bilbao. About Bilbao, it seems there are some problems with Athletic Bilbao (because San Mames must be at UEFA's disposal few months prior tournament), not with spanish goverment.

LaParka710 repped this.
  16. Italia2020

Italia2020 New Member

Lazio
    Italy
    Jan 25, 2020
    I don't really see a problem with Rome. The Coppa Italia final will be played there on Wednesday. Obviously with no spectators this time. Italy started opening to tourism on June 3rd already, We are still a year away. The extra 50-60,000 coming to Rome for the Euro are not really a big deal compared to the number of regular tourists they get in June-July anyways. You never know, but I hope I'm right, as I have tickets to the opening match.

belfasteric and Ric_Braz repped this.
  17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    EURO 2020 as of yesterday would have started and we would have been on Matchday 2; a shame of what things could have been if COVID-19 was not happening

Paczek_Villa repped this.
  18. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    It''s not about the safety, it's about the financial problems caused by covid-19. Could be possible that Rome doesn't want to spend money anymore (I remind you that Rome withdrew their bid for OG 2024 because of financial problems)

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    They had the worst group fixtures in the competition, having to get to Baku and back between fixtures. I'm glad I'm not really Welsh. But having the opening ceremony must give a bit of kudos, think they had a QF as well. And it's nothing like hosting the OG, just one stadium. I'd have thought it would be profitable.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But honestly even though it was going to be the 60th anniversary of EURO it would have made more sense for EURO to be hosted by only one country as opposed to not having any host nation at all.

21. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Uefa have a meeting on wed at 12.00 cet to discuss venues and match schedule, we will know soon enough

22. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Just saw that myself. Hopefully something definitive is announced. I don’t need the full schedule, but it’d be nice to have all venues verified.

According to the UEFA agenda for the upcoming meetings, they’ll cover the following national team issues (as well as some U17/19/21 stuff):

• UEFA EURO 2020 venues and match schedule
    • UEFA EURO 2020 play-offs and 2020/21 UEFA Nations League group stage – rescheduling

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And which nation would that be?

24. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Personally I would have let Italy, Spain, England or Netherlands host it

25. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Well, it’s a moot point considering none of those countries actually wanted to host the tournament.

The three official bids were made by Turkey, Scotland/Ireland/Wales, and Azerbaijan/Georgia. And that, folks, is how you get a continent-wide tournament.

LaParka710 repped this.