Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I suspect some of the hosts' delaying might just be stalling in the hope of squeezing better commercial terms and they'll all go ahead.

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. EuroSpades

EuroSpades Member

Manchester United
    England
    Feb 21, 2020
    Possibly contractual issues they need to iron out? I read some venues had concerts booked for next year that they will cancel to host their Euros matches.

4. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I guess most cities if not all will be happy to host at the end.
    And it wont effect concerts or other events since fans wont stay more then 2-4 nights because they will come to see the match and will follow their team.
    And the host cities will atract millions in tourism

5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It will effect concerts and other events if they within the 2 week+ period that the relevant games are on.

6. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I believe the stadium is required for a month before the opening game.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes I can imagine you are right. I was just trying to be gentle on the fairly strange original post.

popularside repped this.
  8. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Seems a bit over the top to stick a few Uefa stickers about the place, except for maybe the opening ceremony and the final. Denmark are talking about a conflict with them hosting a few legs of the Tour de France (probably so the teams don't whine about not being able to do the climbs without drugs), but it wouldn't start until a few days after their last hosted game, so unless they've promised to start it in the stadium I don't see their problem. I think they're at it, either had second thoughts or angling for a better deal.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  9. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Well, the Tour de France is due to start in Copenhagen on Friday 2nd July, and the 2nd round game there should be on the preceding Monday, that does seem a bit tight. Perhaps they're just wanting to swap for a match a couple of days earlier.

popularside and Real Mardin repped this.
  10. keremistanbul

keremistanbul Member

Fenerbahçe
    Turkey
    Sep 6, 2015
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    When will refund portal open? It is simply giving money back to those who request. I am really angry how careless uefa is. This is unacceptable. I hope we can get our money back before june.

11. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    So, UEFA isn't the best organization ever, but I think they should be forgiven probably for this delay. This is really an unprecedented situation where they are not only dealing with the Euros, but the UCL and the UEL too as well as having to help coordinate with all of the domestic leagues. Plus, it's not like they only have to get assurances from one government/organizing body for the Euros, but twelve governments/organizing bodies that all have varied issues due to either Coronavirus concerns or scheduling.

In the article linked above, Copenhagen seems to not be committing (which is a bit funny since the Tour de France may not even go on as scheduled in 2021 due to the Olympics) and I kinda doubt UEFA wants to move any venue if something can be worked out. As someone who has tickets to multiple venues, I would prefer they get the logistics and scheduling of all of the venues locked down before worrying about anything else in regards to the Euros. Like if they move Copenhagen to Baku, for example, I'm trading in that ticket where I would not have now.

You can say whatever you want about UEFA, but it's not like they are going to keep your money and eschew offering refunds in the near future. From what I have read here, it seems like everyone here got their money back when they put tickets up for resale. I know times could be tough now for some ticket holders, but I also do not think Ceferin is at his house cackling how they have all of our money and saying, "Refunds be damned!"

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree entirely. Moaning about UEFA in this situation is ridiculous. They can't ask whether people want to keep tickets for next year till they know exactly what is happening. As it is if the tournement was going ahed as normal you would not have your money either.

leonidas, LaParka710, Harbs123 and 2 others repped this.
  13. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Legally they're not obliged to refund for a postponement due to "Force Majeure", which includes Covid19. They've promised to do so though, so I think it's fair for them to wait so they can offer definite dates to those unsure before refunding everyone who wants.

14. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Wow! I haven't noticed when exactly this tread transformed into UEFA Fan Club… LaParka710, Ric_Braz, welshbairn – please, stop pissing off the already pissed off people…

I don’t need a new schedule. I was interested in UEFA EURO 2020 taking place from June 10 to July 10. I’m not interested anymore in UEFA EURO 2020 (21) taking place at any other time. Therefore I should able to get my refunds as soon as I want to. Simple as that.

Charlie_USA repped this.
  15. EuroSpades

EuroSpades Member

Manchester United
    England
    Feb 21, 2020
    They've made it pretty clear that you will be able to request a refund this month.

How quickly they will process refunds is another story but for context during the resale in February, they said the refund would be initiated within 30 days and I received an refund on my credit card in around 3 weeks.

16. keremistanbul

keremistanbul Member

Fenerbahçe
    Turkey
    Sep 6, 2015
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    ahahaha blaming uefa is ridiculous...
    I do not know if I am going to be able to attend games whether they will be played on the same venues or pitch next to my home or mars or wherever. It is none of your business to make call on odds of people being able to attend games next year.
    Tickets are sold for this summer. I know this stiuation was hard to predict but when you are in charge of such big organizations you have to learn a little bit of risk management.It has been 2 months and they still did not let us to inform them with our refund request. How long should I wait to get my money back? Portal opens in a week, it will remain open for 2 weeks and then in a month I will be refunded. Hey this almost makes it to july. UEFA is full of funny people.

I do not care what Ceferin thinks when he goes to bed., but he better figures out how quickly they can give our money back.

wombacik repped this.
  17. belfasteric

belfasteric Member

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Glad you can still come here and give your opinion, i won't feel pissed off either way whatever your views are.... Hope yous are all keeping well

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess the other question is, how long with the refund option be available?

Frankly I am glad UEFA are taking time to implement this refund phase. I don't even know what kinda refund I'll get from the airlines or what 2021 will look like, so how can I decide if I want a ticket refund or not? If UEFA are going to have a refund phase this early I hope they at least keep the refund option open for several months. Say 'til the end of the calendar year.

Real Mardin and LaParka710 repped this.
  19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Me too, still playing chicken with KLM hoping they cancel first so I get better terms, and my hotels were non refundable but might compromise on a rebook if they don't cancel.

20. Paczek_Villa

Paczek_Villa Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    I hate being the pessimist in all of this, but unfortunately my pessimism (more of a what could go wrong, will go wrong Murphy's Law situation) has proven true in this entire situation. Unless there is some kind of miracle, I can't see this tournament going on as scheduled in 2021 either. Even if a vaccine is found in record time, by the time it's mass produced and distributed nobody will feel safe going to these games.
    UEFA should take this approach as well for 2021 and refund everyone their money. Once things begin to clear up on a much more global scale, then start to plan a large event. This flying by the seat of your own pants is a waste of time and just creating false hope.

Real Mardin repped this.
  21. bfcbfc

bfcbfc Member

Barnsley
    England
    Jul 22, 2019
    Yorkshire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a flight to Amsterdam with KLM and was also waiting for them to cancel. They did cancel the flight but automatically booked me onto another flight later that date. They even had the cheek to email with "Good news!".

Obviously I don't want the flight, yet the only options are to take a voucher and it isn't straight forward requesting that. I have managed, after many messages, to get a refund request form filled out and have been informed it will take around four weeks for them to even look at it. I just know I will simply be offered a voucher even though it's my right to a refund.

Least with UEFA you know where you stand even if you have to wait a while.

LaParka710 repped this.
  22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Similar to me. They've cancelled my first leg INV-AMS and changed the time of AMS-BUD, said nothing about my flight back from Munich via AMS. Sent a claim in saying they've effectively cancelled all four flights by cancelling the first leg, so I'll have to wait and see. Not too worried, the advantage of them cancelling is I'd be entitled to a refund if I don't use the vouchers to book flights within a year (the actual flights can be later). If they say I'm cancelling I'd still get the vouchers but with no possibility of a refund, but I'm pretty sure I'd be using them anyway. Awkward thing could be that my flights back from Munich will be after the July 3rd cut off date, but pretty confident of getting it sorted.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    haha... same happened to me for a trip I had planned over Easter weekend. Not only did they re-book me on another flight, they took my direct flight and turned it into a trip that included a 4-hour layover in Detroit. Also the flight departed a day later than my original booking.

The good thing is they did give me a full refund (same as if the flight had been cancelled - which it essentially was).

24. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Honestly, it's not some love affair with UEFA, but it's having common sense and decency to realize that UEFA is in a really tough spot over something that they 100% could not control. As mentioned above, they are under no legal obligation to give you a refund and they could be doing what some of the airlines (as well as some sports teams and ticket companies) are doing where they just say you can use your ticket for Euro 2021 or a future UEFA event with no refunds given.

I can understand the pessimism for 2021 if that's the way you want to go, but frankly, I have no desire whatsoever to go through the ticket process again since they are going to try to have the Euros next summer and will wait until the spring again to see if they can host it. In fairness to them, everyone is flying by the seat of their own pants right now. Almost every single sport and government at this point. No one really knows what is going to happen day to day or week to week. It's quite magnanimous of them to offer refunds if you do not want to take the risk that Euro 2021 will go on as scheduled.

welshbairn and Ric_Braz repped this.
  25. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    #5050 wombacik, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    You're talking about decency in context of the UEFA? Really? COVID-19 might be something that they couldn't control. But honestly, I had impression that they couldn't even control the ticket sale process.

And of course they are under legal obligation to refund. Stop spreading fake news.

As for the sports teams, it's my choice to support my local team no matter what. It is not my choice to support an evil organization that I consider UEFA to be. It was not my choice to support Ryanair and after they offerd me vouchers I kindly refused to a chatbot and now I'm in the process of full refund. I expect nothing more from UEFA.

BOOOOM!

UEFA EURO 2020 has been postponed until 2021.

You can return your tickets until 26.05.2020, 14:00 CEST. After this date, your refund will be processed. It may take up to 30 days after 26.05.2020, 14:00 CEST for you to receive your money back.

Click ‘Return tickets’ on the right hand side menu to select the tickets you would like to return.

If you still have questions, visit our ticket return FAQs.