Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    what's the website to buy resale tickets? and what time/day EST does it go live?

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do please look at the previous page and the UEFA website.

3. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The resale platform starts tomorrow and there are new things to look at as UEFA once again has come up with some "great ideas".

Here is what we know by now:
    • The resale portal opens tomorrow (26th Feb) at 14:00 CET.
    • The resale portal closes Friday (28th Feb) at an undisclosed time.
    • You can put your tickest up for resale until today (25th Feb) afternoon.
    • In 2016 you could put your tickets up for resale and once the portal opened in March it remained open until the end of the Final in July and you could sell your tickest up to the start of the game you were selling for.
    • This year - as they communicated - you will get your tickets back if they are not sold until Friday.
    • In 2016 they were countinously updating the portal and you could never know when there will be new tickets.
    • This year as it seems the tickets will be uploaded in batches.
    I do think this was decided like this to avoid the "battle of bots". They want to avoid the situation that tickets go to only touts who have the best system to cart tickets. What will be the deciding factor this year? Who gets the best queue numer and enter the portal first?

Also an interesting question: Will they close and open the portal for time to time? I am not sure how they can manage this? Sending reminding emails every two weeks to people still has tickets to put up for sale before every batch? Seems a little exhausting to me.

Or will this be the only chance to sell tickets? This would be a disaster as many people decide not to go closer to the tournament. This would increase amateur touting a LOT!

• What do you think the queuing system be?
    • What do you thinl the sales are going down until the matches?
    • Will there any restrictions for certain accoun as was with the emails?
      Or just a normal first come first served situation?

My prediction: Now they open the portal for 2 days with the tickets to be resold AND the tickets they could not sell at the offer portion of the sales. And then, when everyone qualified and all the remaining teams fans ticket phase ended, they will open the last minute resale portal in April which would be the same as 2016.

What do you think?

FootballPirateMorgan and mazinio repped this.
  4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Right on the money I reckon

Petersonnn repped this.
  5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I suspect they're doing this short period for market research purposes, maybe to get an idea of how many multiple applications were made by the numbers of unwanted tickets, and to get an idea of how many people will actually turn up in Baku after their hard sell. The real thing will kick off after the play-offs.

mazinio repped this.
  6. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    So yesterday I put my 4x cat.1 Round of 16 in London for resale. And yesterday I was able to remove them from resale. Today this option isn't there anymore. It's a really weird platform...

7. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What could be the link to login un Q ? The usual login one ?

8. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good question. Also, is it going to be the "lottery" queue where you can join for like 30 min before and enter on a random place or first come a big question.

9. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They will have to continually offer tickets from April bearing in mind who gets through the Play offs and then of course who plays where in the knock out games. This idea if restricting the resale to two days will only make more people put their tickets on tout sites like Viadontgo and Stubhub.

welshbairn repped this.
  10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    You can still remove them I have 4 x CAT 3 for Munich up. Press the resale button then there is a CANCEL button.

11. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    The real question is why the UEFA is not seriously fighting against viagogo and Stubhub. I seriously believe that if they hire me at UEFA i will do a better job than them.

In my opinion the UEFA should organise themselves legally the secondary market.
    So 1 month before the tournament starts , only the secondary market should be on. Low value tickets would trade below the FV , and high value tickets , above.

Just pretending to fight against secondary market without enforcing serious rules is just plain stupid from them . They must have their shares on viagogo or stubhub somehow.

Petersonnn repped this.
  12. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The whole reason why they don’t is after this tournament they will be doing the 3rd party sales of all tickets using secutix software and blockchain distribution. They’ll set the markup and how often the ticket can be resold taking % commission every time.

13. Grecian123

Grecian123 Member

Exeter City
    England
    Aug 4, 2019
    I think you're bang on the money. I'm sure the touts/bots thing is a consideration too but I'm assuming the portal will open once more after the play offs.

People do need to be wary, as I mentioned way back, that if UEFA stick to their own rules (and who knows if they will) you won't be able to re-sell tickets you buy in this phase on the portal.

I stand by my prediction that all those stressing about tickets to desirable games are going to be pleasantly surprised by how many re-appear in this phase by people who bought more than they needed in multiple applications.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  14. Confizzled

Confizzled Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 24, 2020
    So when will everyone be logging in? Before the 2pm cet deadline to get in line or wait until 2pm?

15. AustraliaWorldcupGuy

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jun 1, 2018
    Ok, now the J-league in japan have started cancelling games due to corona, olympics are now in doubt, which means the euros are in trouble as well. Anyone getting worried?

16. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No.
    Not yet. Way too early.

17. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    The only thing I've seen to be worried about this predication is ive never saw uefa or fifa sell restricted view tkts this early. Its always been close to the tournament

18. Paczek_Villa

Paczek_Villa Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    I wasn't at first, but now since it has spread to Italy and will continue on to rest of Europe it could be a problem.

3LionsCoaching repped this.
  19. Dragonhorse

Dragonhorse Member

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 3, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine things would have to be bad two months from now for this to be a consideration, hopefully things can be resolved by then.

21. AustraliaWorldcupGuy

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jun 1, 2018
    I mean you say early, but it started ~3 months ago in China and with a controlling government like theirs, they had to shut down an area with the population of Italy, daegu in korea has also been shut down, parts of iran, and now north Italy as well. This kind of disease gets exponentially worse, which means in 3 months it's going to look way worse given then have been unable to contain it.

22. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    H1N1 in 2009: there were 18k dead in the US, Nothing exceptionnal has been done i remember. To be honest, i am not sure if we are exgerating a little bit this time or probably its ultra precaution that will end up by controlling the decease quickly.
    The good thing, is it looks under control in china itself now

23. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Sooner or later they are just going to have to treat this the same as the common Flu as they will never contain it now.
    It will be a case of accept it and continue as normal.

24. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no way to know at this point. Those with anxiety disorders are going to have a tough few months and those who always look on the bright side are probably going to err if they don't make refundable hotel reservations.

It's very early days but there are at least two major possibilities before June. Total containment seems like a pipe dream. So, the question is going to become whether aggressive semi-containment to delay and allow the world to catch up will become the dominant world model. Alternatively, if things appear uncontrollable or it is decided that the health benefits of aggressive quasi-containment do not outweigh the inconvenience and other difficulties caused by quasi-containment, health officials may just let it run its course.

The former model puts the tournament in very serous jeopardy. The later, probably not.

If I had to predict I would tend to guess something closer to the former than the latter and that is bad news for the tournament going off as planned.

But it's still early days.

25. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    I’m of the opposing view. They will either have it under control by June ( it will have run it’s course) or it will be everywhere so pointless trying anything to stop it and asking people to take their own precautions. With the usual advice guides on the best way to stay clear.