Euro 2020 (Semifinale): Italia - Spagna

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, Jul 4, 2021.

1. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FINALLLLSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Chesco United repped this.
  2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What resilience in the face of pressure.

calabrese8 and Chesco United repped this.
  3. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Italy were the better team, IMHO. Congratulations!

4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ANDIIIAAAAMMOOOO

5. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats a payback to not be in the 2018 WORLD CUP

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Heart attack came and went!

forza Italia!

7. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That Jorginho penalty was total class, what a final slap to the face of Spain with that shot.

La Magica, DOctore13 and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  8. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Go away you jerkoff

calabrese8 repped this.
  9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Man, I miss Jorginho playing for Napoli, but watching him with the National Team brings a sense of joy. He showed why he has only missed 4 penalties from 33 tries in his career. A cool customer under pressure.

10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That penalty was almost Pirlo 2012 vs England savage

tripwire and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  11. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And Hart their keeper was a dancing fool too

calabrese8 and johnny6 repped this.
  12. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA FORZA AZZURRI!!! Italy are off to the Final for the first time since EURO 12 where they will face either England or Denmark!!!

13. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I remember Hart and his antics. I think Pirlo ended his career HAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

totti fan and calabrese8 repped this.
  14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Deserved finalists over the tournament.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m drained emotionally and physically I need water and an Advil

calabrese8 repped this.
  16. foreverazurri

foreverazurri Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I hope England gets a challenging game tomorrow. Italy needs a good rest to catch up. Half of the team looked tired. The way Mancini's team plays, requires a lot of running and pressing up front and in the midfield. Barella and Verratti were out of energy from the beginning of the second half, Jorginho almost played every minute from the first game, Chiellini and Bonucci had tired legs in the extra time. The whole backline is shaky today except Di Lorenzo played a good game, he is the only one who can run tireless and stand to the ground throughout the game.

FAB10 repped this.
  17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just popped two motrin and i'm chugging water, it's been a long time since i've been so worked up, totally worth it though.

La Magica, calabrese8 and indestructible repped this.
  18. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Grande grandissima Italia! Credit to Enrique and Spain for their game plan. They flooded the midfield and outnumbered us. But, in the second half we really picked up our play and that Chiesa goal was fantastic. We actually had A LOT of good chances but Berardi couldn't finish them.

What heart this team has. They never quit. Players certainly were exhausted and that extra day of rest will be important.

This team has COGLIONI. Belotti, Bernardeschi, Bonucci, and Jorginho all had great penalties and Donnarumma really is a huge obstacle in goal.

FORZA ITALIA!!

calabrese8 and Nabolidaboli repped this.
  19. bachir

bachir Member

Jul 21, 2007
    We think Belotti gets the nod in the finals? Gabs made a great point with Mancini not wanting to blow Immobile's confidence by subbing him. I get that, that's part of coaching. But this is the last game, no more games to go to risk Immobile's confidence. I say its Belotti.

20. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Spinazzola's loss was tactically felt a lot. Emerson is not the player Leonardo is. Spinazzola's presence and physicality on the left side was missed. It left the midfield even more outnumbered at times and allowed Spain's right side a lot more freedom to attack. Emerson certainly didn't play horribly but it wasn't his best.

You better believe if England go through they will copy Spain's game plan. They don't have the midfield to possess the ball the way Spain do but they will press the hell out of our midfield and be very physical. We have to have a plan for it.

21. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    We also have to figure out what to do with Immobile who spent much of the game offside or giving the ball away. His effort helped produce our first goal when the ball bounced to Chiesa, but not much else from him.

22. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Mancini is a great CT, but I thought he was outcoached today. Without Spinazzola on the left, our midfield truly was 3 men. Spain outnumbered us and pressed us hard and there were no outlets for our passes...that's why we turned it over so much.

I believe in sticking with lineups but sometimes you have to adjust as a CT. I would have brought Pessina and Locatelli on sooner.

That said...no one transmits more confidence and belief in his players than Mancini. He has them FULLY bought into this...and that is the most important thing.

The best part of the interviews was when Mancini said essentially that we've done nothing yet. "There is one more to go." Keep them focused and keep the eye on the prize. That is the most important thing.

calabrese8 repped this.
  23. foreverazurri

foreverazurri Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I was thinking if he puts on Bastoni instead of Toloi, Italy may be able to hold and win out of the regular time.

24. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The players dug down and pulled it out. Mancini was outclassed tactically, but he believes in those guys, and that is a credit to his management. He does need to think about Emerson and Immobile though for the next match. Can't always count on determination to overcome everything.

25. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We want England!!!

totti fan repped this.