Euro 2020 (quarti di finale): Italia - Belgio

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blame Ventura rather than Italy for that debacle against Spain in qualifying during the World Cup qualifiers for 2018. We had a total egotistical buffoon who was absolutely clueless and out of his element. Now imagine if it was Mancini or someone else capable of running the squad during that time? We had the pieces but Ventura had no idea how to use them and even worse wouldn't use them due to his ego. An undeserved ego at that as the best he ever did was take Torino to mid-table in Serie A.

Italy really has a couple battles ahead of them if they are to win this year . Let's see if fate and good decision-making is on our side throughout.

2. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England v italy final, England will have the advantage of having a near full capacity chearing them on and that could see them edging out Italy.

johnny6 repped this.
  3. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2006 WC semi final against Germany in a stadium Germany never lost before

1998 WC qualifiers Zola scoring 1 - 0 at Wembley where England had been undefeated

So we will see . And that's even if both teams make it to the final .

saj7866 and indestructible repped this.
  4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those are the hot matches that you dream about playing.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also I’ll call it now, IF we play England in the final, the English with their home advantage and billion dollar squad (on the paper) will pretend to be underdogs

6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Immobile didn't dive. he was caught with a high boot. If barella diidn't score we would all be discussing whether or not it should have been awarded a penalty. yes he got up to celebrate the goal but a) players have to appeal if they want to be awarded penalties b) are we saying that just because he was able to walk/run afterwords there wasn't excessive contact? Watch it again he gets up gingerly.

Most commentators/tv pundits will repeat tropes and play up controversy because they want to generate interest in their product. This is not a team of cheaters.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    È solo un gioco?

Forse no.

Spinazzola saluta i compagni ed il CT a Coverciano.

[​IMG]

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope you're not talking about me, i'm more Italian than anyone here, born and raised.

calabrese8 repped this.
  9. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Look at the context of the situation and pay attention to all details in the post of mine you quoted then it should be clear I wasn't talking about you .

I would call you out personally if I did.

You've been here for a while ( no strange name )
    I know you are from Sardegna for years now ( no confusion as to whether you are a poser trying to talk crap while hiding under the guise of virtuosity)
    You mention not being a fan of diving ( BUT you dont obsess about it under different usernames / new usernames / suspect usernames / sock accounts)

So no , I am not talking about you.

johnny6 repped this.
  10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry for the confusion :)

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yup, that's him. That's definitely the Giovinco fanboy.

12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes both teams have to negotiate semi finals first. But if it is England v italy then we could be in for a classic and England do have alot of bench strength. Where do Italy stand with bench strength? Is the quality a big drop off from the eleven?

13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our bench is a strength (Pessina, Locatelli, Chiesa/Berardi, Acerbi/Bastoni etc etc have all played well.

i agree both teams do have work to do in the semis… should it happen.. I’m confident our midfield will control the game and they’ll be running in circles trying to dispossess Jorginho, Verratti and Barella. Only thing that scares me is a Sterling Superman dive in the box and var

saj7866 repped this.
  14. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But then again you guys do have a reputation for it I'm just saying that's all

15. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol there's alot of divers out there, thought dochuu of Belgium dived the other day against you guys.

calabrese8 repped this.
  16. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't like diving at all, no matter who does it.

Divers are everywhere, and one should watch a Conmebol match someday to have a good laugh. I don't mind players wasting time by taking an extra few seconds getting up after being fouled, or taking some time on a free kick, a throw in, a goal kick, etc, etc. That is how it's professionally done when you are trying to protect a lead. These other antics are embarrassing, bottom line. IFAB should come down harsher on it, and it will make the games much more enjoyable if they do so.

17. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly Italian players do not dive when they represent their country any more than players from other countries.

As a (If you are) Ghanian you must understand the bias that comes from an English speaking Anglo/Western dominated press. When English players do it, it is ignored but when another team does it is a huge scandal. It's a form of soft racism.

19. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Cool stuff

scirea6 repped this.
  20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Yeah I understand that most definitely I do and hey honestly I'm not knocking you guys for it. Really I am not but what I'm saying is is that the rest of the world does and it is because of that reputation why Italy is hated in the world game not that it makes it right.

totti fan repped this.
  21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hated by who?

22. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Hated by other countries like England, Portugal, Spain, France, etc

23. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    in my experience its mainly anglo supporters, and they're hypocrites

Ofori repped this.
  24. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Someone on a different forum was bashing Spina for going down after his injury "he should have hopped over to the bench instead of dropping on the field" I pretty much unloaded on the guy, that reminds me I need to see if I'm banned.

Pietro Calcio, calabrese8 and Ofori repped this.
  25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Italy vs Spain I definitely know I will be watching but if it goes to penalties could you imagine