Euro 2020 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, May 28, 2021.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Don't care about the fans, but the home cooking calls are something to be weary about. Mancini has to have a little talk about any touches in their box. Kane and Sterling will test it for sure.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1412895355251929091 is not a valid tweet id

Pietro Calcio, totti fan and Stamos repped this.
  3. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your aggorance is what going to cause Italy to lose. Don't underestimate (home advantage) playing in your home stadium. German NT play in Dortmund it still a GERMANY standium. You here are playing in England standium with thousands and thousands of obnoxiious English fans.

And don't even call them peasants, you won't be this aggorance when Sterling and Kane score goals on you.

HOME Advantage is REAL whether you believe it or not.

4. foreverazurri

foreverazurri Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I am not worrying too much about the referee. They have done the favor and that's it. Instead, I would bet Insigne or Barella wins a penalty on Sunday and secure the game in 90 minutes. The way the English players run in the extra time seems like they can play another 90 minutes. Italy will be in real trouble if they need to play the extra time.

FAB10 repped this.
  5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yup, troll. Straight up troll. And an English troll, at that.

Pietro Calcio and calabrese8 repped this.
  6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No one gives a damn about home advantage, do you think there won't be any Italian fans on Sunday? Do you think the players will be paying attention to the fans or the game? This is what our 3rd-4th game at Wembley? Hell at this point we have home advantage as well based on how many times we played there.

Pietro Calcio and scirea6 repped this.
  7. Pambiero

Pambiero Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Mar 21, 2021
    Maybe it’s the right time we change something about our formation and tactics against England!I really love our 4-3-3 but we need something extra to face their pace and their endless runs! I agree that we wave more chances winning it in 90 mins and not extra time!

8. Pambiero

Pambiero Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Mar 21, 2021
    Maybe we will see Florenzi if he is fit enough!

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I think he's just a kid.

Should be a close game on Sunday. Brych, who refereed the Italy-Spain game, will do the final.

10. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Mancini won't change a thing knowing him. He believes our talent will overcome England's size and speed advantage at some positions. The problem for England is that their backline can be had with speed. That's why Chiesa is so crucial to this final.

We can't let them camp out on their own side and then try to hit us with speed on the counter. We have to stay compact and when they turn the ball over, we have to move forward with urgency.

11. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If there's a defence which is susceptible to speed in the final it's ours.

12. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What is is with all these trolls over here lol

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Young kids won’t believe this but there was a time where trolls were funny and interesting

14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You must bring your A game on Sunday, the Belgium performance otherwise England will wear you down

indestructible repped this.
  15. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    England’s not going to have the ball to wear anyone down. that does not mean I don’t think they can beat Italy through counters though.

calabrese8 repped this.
  16. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    I agree that the central part of our back line is susceptible to speed, but if they are organized that should not be a problem. Di Lorenzo is really fast and can handle pace unless you are a burner like Doku. Emerson is not Spinazzola fast but he's not a slouch either.

I agree we have to bring our A game. We have to make the English chase us and not vice versa. A possession game will wear them out eventually and break them down. They protect their central defensive pairing very well with two more holding midfielders. So that means we really have to attack the wings whenever we can.

The big question to me is who will be prima punta? Immobile who is not looking very confident right now but whose speed will preoccupy the England back line? Or will we go with Belotti who is more of a beast and can hold the ball to let his team get forward?

17. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL while I agree that home advantage is certainly for real the first sentence is a bit ridiculous here. As if anyone's feelings here on the game is going to have ANY impact on this final.

18. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would not play Ciro. His confidence is shot. Everyone and their mother were thinking the Spain game was his to show his worth and well...

This is a crazy idea...and Mancini is probably not ever going to entertain it (nor am I entirely sure it's the right idea), but how about Insigne in a false 9 and Locatelli to the left, in an almost 4-4-2? Spain pulled that card to near success against us and I'm not convinced England have the quality to take the ball off us like that. Sterling gets marked by Emerson and Locatelli on that left side. Chiellini keeps his eye on Kane.

Di Lorenzo Bonucci Chiellini Emerson
    Barella Jorginho Verratti
    Chiesa Insigne Locatelli

Nabolidaboli repped this.
  19. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    If there was ever a time to get creative the time is now. Doubt Bobby does too much before the match starts at least.

Just kind of get the chills knowing we’re back in a major tournament final. What a great tournament either way!

Stamos repped this.
  20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I want to sue the English Football Federation for inflicting grievous bodily harm after wasting 2 hours of my life sitting through that egregious abortion of a semi final. if it wasn't for Walmart Neymar flopping over in the box, Schmeichel would have sent England packing after Pickford demonstrated that he cant even make a save when the free kick is directed straight at him!

Hopefully the England press talk their teams chances up so that they face a maximum of pressure. I would prefer Italy not go into the match as bookies favourites

21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    itll be Sterling vs Di Lorenzo. Gianni has more than enough speed and has been playing solid defensively.

nirvaanfc repped this.
  22. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from an American, please beat England in the Euro 2020 Final. If they win, we're gonna hear nothing but "Football's Coming Home" for the next 6 months.

indestructible and johnny6 repped this.
  23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think Mancini should change much going into the final, stick with what has gotten them this far. If there was one game to make big tactical changes for, it was for Spain. Big thing is just going to be containing Sterling, but I think Italy’s midfield is superior enough to leave both him and Kane out to dry, especially if Grealish doesn’t start.

England are probably going to go with a back 5, so I think you need a 9 like Immobile even if all he does is help create space for Insigne and Chiesa.

Nabolidaboli, SF19 and foreverazurri repped this.
  24. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Hard for me to argue England go with a back five. That was a big part of the reason why Belgium lost to Italy. Playing Mings or Henderson in an extra center-back role will invite defensive pressure and shots at goal.

Southgate will probably go 4-2-3-1. Walker tends to stay behind more and provide recovery pace for the slower center-backs. Insigne will probably have a little more freedom. Shaw tends to get forward more, so Chiesa may have to track back.

Maybe Mancini is bold enough to give Chiesa a free role and have Barella to check Shaw's runs. With Chiesa free to get in behind England's defense, that might scare Shaw from getting forward too much.

I think that could work because England play 2 DMs and 1AM to Italy's 3 CMs. Barella could operate as an extra CM if Mount doesn't drop back enough. Also, Veratti and Jorginho have a lot of quality in possession of the ball. Chances are Rice and Phillips are going to be chasing them around the same way Tielemans and Witsel did. They were left to dry by de Bruyne who didn't provide enough of a threat to scare Italy into making tactical concessions. I have a hard time seeing Mount doing any better than de Bruyne. If Grealish starts instead of Mount, then maybe he can create those problems, but Southgate doesn't seem to trust him enough yet.

25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy