Euro 2020: Italia contro la Turchia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, Jun 11, 2021.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol Come on dude. The defender was waiting for him to cut inside and he done him with a quick shimmy to the outside. Thats top play at this level because it comes down to subtle details to open up such a game. He opened up the space and drove the ball so hard across. Demiral tried to adjust but had no time to turn and chest it out. To say the first was just an og and try and write away Berardi's contribution is an incredibly bad take considering the context of the goal for Turkeys tactics.

The Verv repped this.
  3. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    #153 The Verv, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    And yet another lesson for our estrogen obsessed Juve-only elitist. It hasn't been a good couple of days for the gumballciucc.

4. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #154 Nek Sanalet, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    I agree. Berardi made that OG happen by burning his defender. It was undoubtedly the most important moment in the game. Turkey were trying to get a 0-0 result, and once Berardi ended that dream, they folded and allowed two more goals. The game completely changed due to Domenico Berardi. I think he was the second best Italian on the field after Spinazzola (shout out to Di Lorenzo who is a superior player to Florenzi and helped Berardi on that right side in the second half). I think Chiesa is a great talent and expect him to start a few games in this tournament. In fact, I think his ability to play on the left means we may see him and Berardi take the field together if circumstances dictate.

Nabolidaboli and calabrese8 repped this.
  5. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
  6. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    I don't even know why we have to have this argument. Both Berardi and Chiesa will be very important going forward. Do I think Chiesa is a better player than Berardi? Yes. But right now Berardi fits into Mancini's system quite well, and at the end of the day, that is what matters.

I also understand Gumbacicc's deference to players that play for big clubs and get Champions League experience (preferably winning it all). Unfortunately, over the last fifteen years, we have been having fewer Italians playing at the high levels because of the stranieri in our league and the fact that Italian teams have not done well in CL lately.

You can only field what you have. As someone mentioned, Grosso had no experience other than provincial clubs when he won the WC in 2006, so anything is possible.

La Gazzetta had a good article on this team a few days ago pointing out that everyone in the starting lineup has to go backwards (ie. struggled with form, coaches, temper, etc.) before elevating their game except Barella (he's always been on an upward trajectory). All the players on our team had to overcome adversity and doubters at some point. That shows me character and that is the kind of stuff that builds team players and a great team. If we keep playing selfless calcio, I struggle to think of a team that can beat us this tournament.

The Verv repped this.
  7. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    [​IMG]

8. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Gumball owned again....

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  10. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congratulations man. Fatherhood has already changed my outlook on a lot of things in life.

On the Verratti front - he tends to be a bit careless defensively with his tackles and can be a bit arrogant with the ball at times, but his quality is on another level - especially compared to Locatelli. I think we are much better with him back. His size doesn't seem to hinder him as much, likely due to his stronger build.

Nabolidaboli and r0adrunner repped this.
  11. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What happened to the mods in this place? Trying to have a discussion about Calcio here and it's just page after page of nonsense.

FAB10 and calabrese8 repped this.
  12. jiyo

jiyo Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I love both Chiesa and Berardi. But how can anyone says Chiesa is better talent than Berardi? Based on what? Berardi was, is, and will be better player. Numbers and history never lies! Even at U21 level Berardi was star, while Chiesa was a sub ffs.

13. FAB10

FAB10 New Member

Italy
    Jun 16, 2021
    Well Chiesa and Berardi don't really have the same age...

14. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No mods needed preferably, as most of them are just useful tools of the left . Definitely providing info to government informants on people's posting opinions and habits :D

They are enemies of the state.

Let's survival of the fittest reign supreme here:ROFLMAO:

15. FAB10

FAB10 New Member

Italy
    Jun 16, 2021
    Besides, this discussion is very repetitive and unimaginative. Personally I think that Chiesa should take Insigne's place. Insigne may be technically good, but he is the sort of player you would expect to see in Spain's NT... ineffective and - to my taste - outright boring.