Euro 2020: Italia contro la Turchia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, Jun 11, 2021.

1. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Lol, coming from the princess that wants to ignore me, but can't, then wants me to leave, then doesn't. Then says she'll let me have the last word, then won't.

Make up your mind lady.

Come now, Back Alley Sally, you said a lot more than that ;) Its all there in embarrassing open view.

You got caught out. Now five pages of menstruating later. Just admit it, and move on...beeatch

Enough menstruating all over the place. Go walk your labradoodle and leave the commentary to the big boys.

2. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Brilliant.
    Further melt down incoming.

3. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He doesnt wear a Juve jersey duh. Gumball gave that away by dismissing his performance because he plays for Sass.

Nothing more than dumb club allegiance mentality in gumballs subconscious.

He needs a purge.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree that Chiesa's is at his best when he is able to run at defenders with open space. Where we disagree is that Berardi is better in tight spaces. I think Chiesa is more talented and better tested. I always remain weary of players who ply their trades at provincial clubs being relied upon in big tournaments. Teams that do well tend to have top players at top clubs. Even when we last won in 2006, that was a side stacked with talent from the top Italian clubs. We shall see as the tournament progresses.

5. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    You surprise me sometimes. Way to show gumball that club allegiances for the NT are dumbo material. :bigthumbup:

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He made a contribution in the second half; no doubt. The first half, he struggled as did Immobile to break through.

If you analyze the goals, to say he was instrumental is a fallacy. The first was an OG. The second came off a cross he made in the box, but the player to whom he crossed the ball didn't score. Immobile did. As far as the last, I'm not sure how we can claim it was a brilliant piece of play from him when the keeper errantly cleared the ball directly to him. I'm not saying he was terrible, just that his performance was overblown.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I like the part where you repeat the same stuff I said. I'm sure no one else caught on.

8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah i disagree. If you have talent.. you have talent. I think Berardi was smart to stay at a provincial club (albeit a very progressive and attacking one under De Zerbi). He got more play time and for him it was the ideal environment to grow. Not all players are alike... Chiesa needed the move to a big club away from Fiorentina for him to take the next step.

Fabio Grosso in 2006 played at provincial Palermo and was a top player in that tournament for sure.

totti fan repped this.
  9. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    #134 The Verv, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    You can have all sorts of imaginations and believe what you want, but leaning on a dumb elitist mentality to discredit a poor performance is still going to make you look and sound clueless.

It doesn't matter where a player plys his trade when he's being effective. This is tournament soccer. If a player catches a wave you ride it.

Schillaci 1990. No one in their right mind would have picked him over Vialli in that tournament.

How about the goal winner in 2016 finals?

Get off your high horse scemo.

If the player slows down you make sub. No need to complicate things with stupid club elitist mentality. Just be happy that he did well and performed in that game rather than try to find anything to downplay it because hes from a so called provincial team. You said you were cheering for the national team, but you left out that you only care when your club players are on it.

Wake up scemo, no one agrees with you. If you had half a brain you would have dropped it long ago. But we all know how well you can "drop it" lol.

10. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok and how did that OG happen?

and for the second.. so because Immobile scored it and not Spinazzola.. then his contribution is mitigated??

and the 3rd... its all in the details.. look at him when the goalie has the ball.. as the goalie puts his head down to kick it.. Berardi is showing and slowly moving towards pressing the LB. As the goalies head goes down to kick it to the "open player". Berardi releases and switches back and intercepts it. High calcio IQ on that one.. or coaching details from Mancini to prepare him for that one.. Either way he bags the interception and starts off a chain reaction of a few passes that gets it to Insigne for 3-0 and buonanotte Turchia.

La Magica repped this.
  11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If you're going to attempt to insert yourself into an adult conversation, at least try and take on the facts. Cup-winning sides generally have players that play for the best sides. Go through France's starting XI one by one and tell me the player that plied his trade at a provincial club. You'll be at it a long time, but at least we will get you to go away.

It's not being elitist, you dumb ********. It's about acknowledging the reality that international sides with the best talent tend to win these competitions. This is especially true where you have national sides who don't have the same opportunity as clubs to develop a fluidity of play that can sometime camouflage a slight lack in talent.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Because Berardi made a cross that Demiral completely ********ed up...

The goalie's errant clearance had nothing to do with what Berardi did. He was fortunate to be in the right spot and picked out the right pass. Again, he made a contribution in the second half. We disagree on how important.

13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok.. Demiral ****ed it up. i can agree with you on that... but if Demiral isn't there and doesn't put it in the back of the net... whos there to put it in... Ciro! and lets not forget Berardi with a stutter step just before to put the Turkish defender on his culo.

and i think you need to watch that third goal again and look at the details. he releases back and catches the goalie on a lazy cross. Yes the goalie is part at fault..but Berardi goats him into it by showing and then releasing and taking away that lane.

14. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    You mean like this:

Now you have both feet in your mouth. The second thing we've discovered you're good at, copying me and back tracking. :D

You should ask yourself what it is that being constantly wrong and unoriginal gets you other than the perception that you're a dumb ass?

15. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Rejecting a transfer to Juve years back. Turned out it was a great decision.

16. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I'm not really conversing with you. More like mocking you. The others are trying to be nice, but they see your stupidity too. Maybe some might take issue with me being mean to you, but who cares. You said you liked it, rememeber? So consider it a favor to you. I'm giving your brain a well needed exercise session. Enjoy it.

So you admit your dumb Juve goggled elitist mentality reigns here?

Yeah, no shit. Stevie Wonder saw that coming all the way.

Teams that win have a mix of a lot of things. Elite players, role players, good coaching, luck, and players that are at the right place, right time.

Grosso doesnt start in 2006, or come in unless Zaccardo fvcks up. Materazzi only plays because Nesta gets injured. Both ended up.being hero's.

A sub in Portugals qualifiers and a player that none of their fans liked scored a winner last Euro final. It happens. Eder was his name dumb dumb.

You over anal-ize everything and then wittle them down into black and white generalities that have little reflection on reality then get stupid and emotional when your beliefs are demonstrably wrong.

Elitist retardedness shining through now.

Go walk your poodle already. Get some fresh air.

I thought you wanted me to stay you bipolar chooch? You really are at that time of the month huh?

La Magica repped this.
  17. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Right, he was only directly involved in three goals. No big deal because he doesnt wear a Juve jersey, just a Sassuolo one. Brilliant gumballciucc logic.

18. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Todays game between Scotland vs Czech and Poland-Slovalia, we have seen 4 goals scored by ex-Sampdoria players.

They missed gumballciucc's memo that if you play for now, or have ever played for a smaller club they have no business scoring in a big tournament. Idiots.

La Magica repped this.
  19. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Berardi seemed nervous early in the match but settled in for a quality performance. He certainly didn’t do anything to get benched. Chiesa is a bigger talent then Berardi but the euros are about winning now. I imagine both guys play a big role down the stretch If we’re headed where we want to go.

calabrese8 repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    LOL, five posts in a row. What an overly emotional, scorned bitch. Give it a rest. You're pathetic. All this because of your abnormally high estrogen levels. You can fix that.

21. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I can do better, you on the other hand, cannot.

Does this mean you're dropping the elitist club allegiance nonsense, or just ran out of steam for now?

And again with the flip flopping...give it a rest...

"I don't want you to stop....yes I do...no I don't."

Man you're a mess.

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    LOL, now you have Scotland, the Czechs, Poland and Slovakia as contenders to actually win the tourney and you're giving the Balon d'Or to Berardi. Classic.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You're not coherent. Give it a rest.

24. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Geez, again? I thought your triggered ass was going to give me that last word a page back?

:laugh:

Your problems reading, and watching the game, are your problems, not mine...dumb dumb.

Tell everyone again how Berardi is not fit because he plays for Sassuolo and then pretend you're not an elitist (4th place) retard.

25. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I knew you couldn't resist. You're that dumb.