Euro 2020 Final: Prediction

Discussion in 'Euro 2020: Refereeing' started by balu, Jun 8, 2021.

?

Who will referee the Euro 2020 Final?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2021.
  1. BRYCH (GER)

8.0%
  2. CAKIR (TUR)

12.0%
  3. HATEGAN (ROU)

4.0%
  4. KUIPERS (NED)

32.0%
  5. MAKKELIE (NED)

12.0%
  6. MATEU LAHOZ (ESP)

20.0%
  7. ORSATO (ITA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. TAYLOR (ENG)

12.0%
  9. TURPIN (FRA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. balu

balu Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Let's get the discussion going. Who do you think will referee the Euro 2020 Final?

Obviously this can depend on which teams are actually there. Brych, Cakir, Kuipers, Mateu Lahoz, and Orsato have done the UCL Final. Has there been a Euro in which so many referees have the UCL Final under their belt?

2. London_ref

London_ref Member

May 6, 2014
    London, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I don’t see Germany or Spain progressing that far, so Brych and Mateu Lahoz are my favourites.

Cakir has officiated a semi in 3 of the last 4 major tournaments, but he seems to be out of favour recently. I wouldn’t rule him out though, and he’s my dark horse.

3. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I t think Lahoz will get it. It's a coincidence more than anything, but the last two Euro final referees (Clattenburg and Proenca) did the CL Final a month before the Euro Final.

I think there is a good chance we get that as well this year. There is something about going with the hot hand.

4. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard not to go with Mateu Lahoz right now if Spain isn't a factor. He's on a roll. I'm a little surprised Kuipers didn't get the opener instead of Makkelie. Figured that might be something of a "gold watch" gift for Kuipers as this almost certainly will be his last major tournament.

5. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    Given that the final will be in London, Taylor would be a good bet, if England don't get to the Final.

PH

frankieboylampard repped this.
  6. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    i second this. However, we will see how England show up for their match against Croatia as I have read they could go deep into the tournament.

7. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    Restarting this thread, looks like the pre-race favorite is no longer in the race!

PH

frankieboylampard and balu repped this.
  8. HoustonRef

HoustonRef Member

May 23, 2009
    I have to wonder if there is a Tennis Official Forum out there where there is discussion of who will be the chair umpire for the Gentleman's and Lady's finals next weekend.

9. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States