Euro 2020 Final : Portugal vs ?

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by Joe Martelo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Today was supposed to be the day where Portugal would have repeated its status as European champions.

It should be a challenge cup for this year, since we are champs the onus is on the others to dethrone us. They were unsuccessful in doing so at the 2019 nations league.

who would face us today ? France? Germany? England? Netherlands ? Italy? Belgium?

Today is your best chance, next year it will only get harder. I am a Semi professional scout and we have many promising young talents who will be even better by 2021. Ronaldo also has the body of a 23 year old.

I have simulated the results of a hypothetical euro 2020, the most common result I have is Portugal prevailing over Belgium 2-0 In the final, with cr7 scoring a goal.

thoughts?

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't know about that. They say it's tougher to defend a trophy than is to win it.
    Indeed, successfully defending the Euro has only been accomplished once in 14 attempts and it sandwiched a World Cup victory, as well.

3. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    but we won the nations league.
    How many nations leagues does Spain have ? Exactly . How many ballon dors have they won during that time? CR7 alone as more.

Portugal will win euro 21 and wc 22 with the new generation of epic talents we have scoring and assisting goals every week.

4. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #4 unclesox, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Talk about reaching. :ROFLMAO:
    Since then Portugal couldn't even win their Euro qualifying group.

Jeez, I guess you win that argument. :rolleyes:
    Spain have to be content with only three Euros and a World Cup. :(

Dang, I guess you win again. I'm not sure what individual awards have to do with team success but congrats.

And if they don't it will be because FIFA and the referees don't like them winning everything, correct? ;)

Every Four Years repped this.
  5. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    You are correct in that Fifa and Uefa do not like Portugal. Most of the time when Portugal loses, it is indeed the referees fault. This is a fact if you analyze their tournament performances over the years.

good for you being a Spain fan and having trophies, Afterall Spain is a much larger country and has long been favored by Uefa and FIFA . You are most likely from Gustemala or something. Still haven’t produced anyone as good as CR7, pm me when you do, or even if anyone at Futres level.

I prefer to look to the future and the future is PORTUGAL continuing to win titles and produce great players. I am a semi professional scout and know the talent coming up. Spain and their legions of Latin American fans can’t tell me otherwise.

6. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fans of every team, at club and international level, make the same excuses after losing. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da.

But I admit Portugal got royally screwed over in that 2002 World Cup quarterfinal against South Korea. Talk about "injustia"!

6-8 years from now I'll be sure to congratulate you on Portugal's multiple Euro and World Cup victories. That is, unless you've become too big and famous to continue posting in this forum anymore. :(

Joe Martelo repped this.
  7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    thank you, I’ll try to come back if I can.

unclesox repped this.
  8. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd consider it entirely possible that Portugal get eliminated in the group stage.

9. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course, especially with France and Germany in their group. Very fine line between success and complete failure in many cases. However, no one here should take anything @Joe Martelo says seriously.

NewLaw83 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, and one should never compare Portugal with Spain (their Daddy), especially in football where Spain has the star that Portugal will only dream about until the end of time.

11. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't expect someone like you to take the bait.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    really?

you don't know much about track records around here lol

13. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    #13 Joe Martelo, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Spain is Portugal’s daddy? Obviously you haven’t read history much otherwise you would know that they lost to us in more wars despite being much larger.

Portugal has produced better individual players like cr7, Eusebio, figo, Futre , more ballon dors and golden boots. Spain has a much larger population and player pool.

Also, I’ve never lost a fight before against a spanish or Hispanic person. Come to the Portugal NSR forum to read about the Chilean guy I punched out for hating on joao Felix. If you live in the Toronto area PM me if you want to put your money where your mouth is, I will show you who is your daddy. We eat a lot of fish that is high in protein, which makes us strong and last long in bed.

spain has some good young talents tho, I am a fan of Ricky Puig.

anyways I like Spain overall if Portugal doesn’t win I don’t mind seeing them win we are both Iberian.

14. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    What do you guys think about this ???

———————Patricio————-
    R.Pereira——Pepe—-Dias——-Guerreiro
    ———————William—————-
    B.Silva———-B.Fernandes———Sanches
    —————Guedes——-CR7

don’t forget other options
    - Eduardo Quaresma (immense young CB from sporting CP)
    - Ruben Neves
    - Joao Felix
    - Diogo Jota
    - Andre Silva
    - Rafael Leao

when I see this lineup, I see the word
    CAMPEÃO

15. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Anyways we recently passed the 4 year anniversary of July 10, 2016.

it was the greatest day of my life and I have tattooed this date on the inside of my
    Forearm.

16. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We also recently passed the 10th anniversary of July 11, 2010.

spain201011july31.jpg

17. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    18 December 2022 will be Ronaldo’s turn to lift this one.

18. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    #18 Joe Martelo, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    How is spain gonna answer this in 2021 or 2022?

19. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    The Nations League !

CAMPEÕES

Attached Files:

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Stay tuned to find out.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  22. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was saying Joe is trying to get a rise out of people that aren't clever enough to realize he's Fu"&ing around. I thought you might be smart enough not to engage. So it turns out I was wrong. So what exactly is your point Boca?

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Posting in this thread <> thinking the OP was serious.

You might want to give this thread a re-read from the start and make a list of who is responding seriously to posts where someone is obviously just fu(*ing around, and then build your theories from that list. :)

24. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My theory? OP makes a thread being ridiculous to garner attention, unclesox engages, maybe knowing who he is, maybe not. Unclesox than realizes he's silly, and begins to play along. I than single you out, because from what I remember you didn't seem to engage with trolls. Your reply seemed to have too much vitriol to be sarcastic.

No theories here bud.

verde-rubro repped this.
  25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess if I want to wind-up some Portugeezers, I shouldn't use the "Spain is your Daddy" line. Didn't work at all. :notworthy::unsure: