Euro 2016 Qualification Games: Netherlands vs Iceland & Turkey

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Aug 30, 2015.

?

How many points will we end up with after these 2 games?

1. 6 points and both opponents never had a chance.

29.2%
  2. 4 points. We will slip either at home or away.

29.2%
  3. 3 points. Can see us beat one opponent, but also lose to the other.

16.7%
  4. 2 points. Why winning when you can draw?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 point. Winter is coming.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0 points. With this coach, with these players and the state we are in, we must expect the worst.

25.0%
  1. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This game will be in history books in the future.

2. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay could have had 3 assists. But the people on the end of his crosses couldn't hit the right side of the stadium let alone the goal.

3. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yeah and before people start saying that Huntelaar would have scored any of them, let's remind them he also missed one against Iceland.

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blinds record now is 0 wins, 2 losses and ZERO goals scored :D

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are 3, (3!) slots to advance and we fail. This has to be the biggest f***ck up in history.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    0 goals. 0. What a joke.

7. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Turkey 3, Netherlands 0. Incredible. Truly incredible. I don't think it's over quite yet though. The Turks still have two tough games remaining against the Czech Republic and Iceland. They're more than capable of screwing things up. The Netherlands, meanwhile, still has a game against Kazakhstan. This is coming right down to the wire.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

I still think you will qualify as Turkey have tough games even if the Czech's and Iceland are qualified they will still be tough and more importantly better organised.

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland is also highly capable of losing their next two games. Especially with Blind calling the shots.

10. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really bad tonight and I am ready to cry, but simply put the KNVB are to blame with Hiddink/Blind tandem.
    Very poor selections and the results have been incredibly pathetic.
    I wish I could say they got beat by better quality sides but let's be honest here guys the Czech"s Iceland, and Turks are nothing special.
    Football is a strange and painful game.

Parel repped this.
  11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We are in free fall. We lost 6 points to Iceland. Who knows we have not hit rock bottom yet. Kazakhstan away look daunting. In that England game we at least made a good goal. We don't score goals anymore either.

12. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We'll have to score in our games though, which seems impossible atm.

13. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Our whole right side is just one big clusterf#ck, can't believe Blind still let vdWiel start.
    Only positive is he is out for next game and we hopefully get to see Tete.

14. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The KNVB has been blinded by the results of the 2010 and 2014 world cups. I hope this opens their eyes like the Euro 2000 did for Germany.

Keko repped this.
  15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    No need to exaggerate, we'll beat Kazakhstan.

Now there is still a little hope that Turkey loses a game, I wouldn't rely on the Czech, more on Iceland.

16. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Yes. Now looking back, I guess we appreciated what LVG had done with this group. There are some changing factors but mentally, preparations, player selections, substitutions no question LVG had done very well. Blind perhaps is good as assistant only.

This is what makes it worse if not worst.

We had one of the best game changer in Robben and one of the best young player in Depay so I think we still can savage something. Like it or not, our next generations after Wesley, Rafael, Robin, Arjen are not good like we hope. We need to step back and figure out how to address this issue. 2012 was the beginning. LVG did too well that gave us false hope that we are ok. What should we do now? Fire Blind? I would let him finish the qualification as the chance is slim and we rely on other teams to slip. Now I would fire Blind at the end of this qualification. He gave us a lot of question marks on his player selections, starting 11, tactics, substitutions. Those simply are enough to find a new replacement asap. We need to focus on the WC qualification. A new head coach (and his staff) should be in place early next year. This is the time where we will play a lot of friendlies (may I say against the opponent who qualified for Euro) so it is good for the new coach to begin his ideas (player selection, tactics....). Let's start with coaching as the coach will pick his assistants and players.

Candidates:
    1. Ronald Koeman
    2. Frank De Boer
    3. Phillip Cocu
    4. Giovanni van Bronckhorst
    Clarence Seedorf
    any of Bergkamp, Kluivert, van Nistelrooy and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ?

I do not mind any of the top 4 but perhaps it is too early for Gio and a bit early for Phillip. This leaves Ronald and Frank. Ronald seems to want the job while Frank seems to be bored at Ajax. I think it is the 2 horses race and by the end of this year, we will know who is the front runner based on their club performance. What a terrible week for me and for Dutch fans!

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    You are both correct and the strangest thing about the game was that I don't even think Turkey were that great because they didn't have to be. Personally though I do still think the third place battle is going right to the end and that Holland will grind it out. Maybe my thinking has more to do with Turkey being a team that seem so unreliable when the pressure is on them (which it is now).

18. Parel

Parel Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    NAC Breda
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is truly sickening. Really hit rock bottom over the last 4 days. Simply UNREAL..

Again I really don't know what Blind was thinking. Narsingh and VDW on again. Tactics totally didn't reflect that we were the ones that could afford to draw, not Turkey. And where were Dost/Huntelaar when we needed to score?

I never in my wildest dreams would have expected a home defeat to Iceland and then a 3-0 thrashing at the hands of a (until today) misfiring Turkey. And as others have mentioned, some shocking moves in front of goal.. like literally defending the incoming ball for the opposition...

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holy shit, forgot all about Dost!!

Why wasnt he subbed ahead of Luukinho????

20. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dost wasn't even in the final selection

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wouldnt, Iceland can clinch today and send out their B-team against Turkey

22. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Where's the fire in the post match interview with Danny Blind? 90% of all answers started with Nou ja... Or Nou ja, goed......
    Danny "Nou ja" Blind.

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I feel it's not really their type, they look like a brave country to me.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They would be incredibly stupid to start their A-team and risk injuries.

Also I forgot to mention, Iceland just need a draw today to qualify

25. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's shocking that our first striker off the bench is a player who's been a failure at every level except the Eredivisie. Should I be surprised that he kicked the ball away from the Turkey goal? Here's a player who scored a lot in Holland, went to Germany and failed, went to England and failed, hell he even failed for Jong Oranje

Brilliant Dutch repped this.