Euro 2016 other teams thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Jun 10, 2016.

1. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can we have this? If not please delete.

Watching the France - Romania game, France doesn't look very good.

PhuckHead repped this.
  2. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    France, much like Italy and Brazil suffer from having idiotic coaches who never call up/utilize the right players. Taking off Pogba, starting Giroud, starting Rami etc. Deschamps will get by doing this and get exposed against better teams.

3. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rami looked terrible & their fullback are getting on in age. Romania is a decent, organized team. We played them in a friendly last Nov. and drew 2--2. We shouldn't forget that our defense looked shaky under Conte at times. We gave up 7 goals in 10 games during the Qualifiers.

Here's the match report from Goal.Com for our friendly:
    http://www.goal.com/en/match/italy-vs-romania/2164765/lineups?ICID=MP_MS_2

4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Payet with a contender for goal of the tournament

5. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This Albania game is nuts

Rossonero23 repped this.
  6. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    England trying to set up shop with a 1-0 lead... Did they hire Trappatoni pre tournament and I missed the news update!!?!

7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The English always had a shitty defense

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I can't tell you how happy I was when Russia equalized last minute. The delusional English commentators had been saying how "utterly dominant" they were. I'm wondering if they actually watched the game. England were lucky to be up. They were only able to score off a FK after poor keeping by Akinfeev, after a non-existant penalty given by Rizzoli. It's great to see how shit England still are.

InsigneForBalonD'or and Rosay repped this.
  9. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Croatia is looking good as usual, i might be a little biased since i'm a Modric fan

10. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    and such as saying he's gonna call up Koulibally after he's already chosen and played for Senegal.
    after England scored and hearing the com proclaim "if England play like this they won't be going home for a long time" and "justice has been done, 1-0 England" my first thought was I hope Russia equalise in injury time, so you can imagine how happy I was. I dont understand how justice was done, they weren't robbed of anything prior to that goal. I knew that was a goal after a nonexistent foul given by Rizzolli, justice my arse. That com is clive tydesly, an absolute insufferable twat.

11. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Also uefa have threatened to throw England and Russia out if the violence continues

12. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Corluka got jacked up

[​IMG]

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    UEFA should send England home, just because and also because of their insulting kits. Have you seen those vile things.

14. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Croatia has been the best and most complete and solid team thus far. All other teams have been vulnerable. Poland looked good but played nobodies.

15. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ukraine losing, wife not happy.

16. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If a new nation is destined to hoist the trophy, Poland and Croatia would be the logical candidates.

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I wouldn't worry about that. They'll both be home by their own doing soon enough.

calabrese8 and Rosay repped this.
  18. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol @ Pepe's defending on the Iceland goal

going nowhere with that joke of a defensive unit

Rosay repped this.
  19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I feel sorry for C Ronaldo but not sorry for having such a shitty supporting cast internationally. He missed his chance when the golden generation lost in 04

forza_azzurri repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why would you feel sorry for him? He is perhaps the biggest douche in football.

calabrese8 repped this.
  21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo only has himself to blame . The "shitty supporting case" (actually this is probably his best one since 2006) set him up 3 point blank chances to score. Anyways Portugal rarely wins their first game so not surprising to me .

artielange84 repped this.
  22. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He trashed Iceland for bunkering down and parking the bus and not trying to score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Portugal's first half was very good. Played very well, one of the best halfs I've seen them play. Unfortunate that they got hit with a beautiful opportunistic finish and it changed the game. Not surprising. Iceland play as a cohesive well organised team and their results in qualifying speak for themselves. It's not how you start tournaments, it's how you finish them. That game was reminiscent of ours vs Croatia in 2012 euros.

Portugal are a dangerous team. And Ronaldo wasn't bad what's all the negativity about him for. Should have scored at the end though. That bayern signing Sanchez looks a star in the making. Portugal can do an Italy In Starting slow and finishing strong. Good, well organised, well balanced team.

24. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ? Did I say something wrong . Didn't attack your team either (btw great win against Belgium )

i though overall there are many positives to take from our game just need to be more focused defensively and finishing . In portugals last 10 tournaments we have only won our first match 3 times so this isn't surprising. We've never been eliminated in group stage at euros either despite usually not winning the first game. And now that you could even make it in third I'm not too worried .