Euro 2016 jersey thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by P to the Wee, May 20, 2015.

1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manu looks like he went to go kill a snake and put its skin on his shoulder

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's tough to see that stripe down the middle..... looks like a Histogram or something. Anyone know what that represents?

Home Kit: Overall, I love the shorts and socks - but the shirt would benefit from a few accents. Perhaps adding trim to the sleeves, and accentuating that stripe down the middle in grey to match the socks.

Away Jersey: Since I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all.

NUFCBayern repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hard to tell what it says. these are the best pics Ive found so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NUFCBayern repped this.
  5. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Strange. The other thing that seems a little odd is the jerseys fit. Looks very loose and sloppy, but that could potentially just be the pictures (granted it's with Mueller).

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah, I think you're right. It's just that we arent used to this fit anymore. And the missing strips on the sleeves makes it look like a pyjama.

But I prefer this to what puma does to Austrian and Italian fans.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am I the only one that semi-likes the away jersey?

8. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    The stripes in the middle apparently represent the various Euros and World Cups and how well Germany did there.

In general, I like the kit, I'm even thinking about getting one, though I would love if Adidas would reduce the design even more, kinda like what they did with the All Blacks. Get rid of the three stripes on the side, get rid of the grayish stripes on the front and get rid of the World Champion badge. Then it would be perfect. And I know what people will say now to my last point about the badge, but think about it, how cool would it be to say "yeah we COULD wear that badge, but we're Germany, everybody knows how good we are and what we achieved, but we're here to win today, not to wallow in past successes. We don't need no stinkin' badge to remind ourselves how great we are, we know that already!" Plus, it would make for a much cleaner design.

Again the All Blacks come to mind, they radiate confidence and all their opponents are intimidated from the get go...without any badges...

9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Apparently so...

10. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you just want a white Adidas t-shirt?

11. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    #61 benztown, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Basically, although there's more to design than simply slapping stuff on a shirt. It's also things like fabric or cut. Also, I'm all for little details like the tiny red/gold rings on the black seam of the sleeves, the little stitched year numbers on the sleeves (54, 74, 90, 14 on one and 72, 80, 96 on the other), etc. I love that sort of detail, but overall it should be as clean as possible.

Edit: Though having said all that, as I said, I really like this kit. It is a very clean design already and I particularly like the completely white sleeves. In fact, the more I think about it, the better it compares. Only the 2010 kit was nicer which while not being perfect came pretty close.
    Anyway, there hasn't been an outright ugly home kit since 2004 which is a nice trend.

12. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes.

13. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Although to be fair, it also depends a lot on the shorts and socks. Unfortunately, since the home hit has black shorts and socks, the away kit will probably get bright ones.

Picturing this away kit with white pants...yuck...but we'll know soon enough, apparently the team will play in the new away kits against France.

14. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That golden patch ( pun unintended) saying "WC 2014 champions" looks very pompous. Everyone knows that Germany is the WC winner, and don't need to be reminded every time they look at a German player on the field. The whole idea reeks of an inherent inferiority complex on the part of the team that designed this jersey.

16. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The golden patch is the official patch from FIFA. Does not have anything to do with Adidas, Germany or the design.

NUFCBayern repped this.
  17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome back, Poorvi. The patch is FIFA's doing....not the DFB.

NUFCBayern repped this.
  18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do have the 90 shirt too(bought it on ebay some years ago). You should know that it has become quite unpopular recently after the re-emergence of the 1991 Lichtenhagen pic. Also mocked by Jan Böhmermann.

20. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Whatever, I still love the 90 jersey. It's probably sentimental more than anything but it's how a Germany kit looked like when I was a kid (remember, they had it for two cycles back then 88 & 90).

21. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Interesting.

22. kimof

kimof Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from wikipedia the away kit will have white shorts and socks. probably there will some interchanging between the shorts and socks of the home and away when needed

Liquid1010 repped this.
  23. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only way this away kit will look ok is if they mute the jersey with some very plain white shorts and and socks. In that case, I could see the away kit looking decent.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I don't see that at all.
    I guess muting it sounds nice, but white shorts won't achieve that. So while I expect to see white shorts, I'd much prefer a very dark grey, darker than the shirt itself, but not black...or possibly a very dark green (though not really).

Alternatively, if the shorts have to be bright (given that the home shorts are dark), it may not be the worst idea to use the neon colour from the inside of the shirt. That would be the opposite of a muted design, but it might work (though of course that's the sort of thing you'd first have to see, it could also turn out to be a disaster.)