Pre-match: (EURO 2016 - Group Stage) Germany vs. Poland 06.16.2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jun 12, 2016.

?

if life is 42 (as we discovered in the previous thread) what is death?

1. 41

10.0%
  2. 43

90.0%
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweini is not going to start in this tourney is my guess. He can play a 2nd half and perhaps plus extra time but that is it.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    742457160144130049 is not a valid tweet id

Obsidian, Minttunator and Ger90 repped this.
  3. Der Müllerschaft

Jun 22, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    stop already!!! you grossin' me out

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ya all acting that you don't so the same

Matakos and Minttunator repped this.
  5. Der Müllerschaft

Jun 22, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't mind starting Schweinsteiger. I actually like your lineup - better than Sunday's IMHO. Schweinsteiger brings leadership, energy, and intelligence. I might balance his age with one of the youngsters in Khedira's or Schurrle's slots.
    This is a good team, though. If you left Neuer in goal, you could swap the others for the bench and still beat half the competition.

6. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    does hummels fit enough for next match ? Time for Kimmich and Sane to come in to take over RB and RW.

7. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why is it when Germany Play they look so slow and lethargic, watching Spain they seemed very quick and active on the field. Just wondering .... Not sure if I am just imagining it????
    Does Germany slow down the game or do they take an extra touch with each ball contact?
    I guess the Spanish play one touch football where Germany have like two touches before they pass!!!!!!!

8. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not 100% sure they(Bild and kicker) say he could be back already , but lets see.....what our ares scratcher, smelly fingers will do!
    Dont think Schweinsteiger will start yet, I recon round of 16 will be his first start.

Also hope for some youngsters at least being subbed in.....

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, we have experience with Löw handling situations in which players arent 100% fit. One result was Lahm playing DM for the first 4 games in 2014. Ive seen an interview where journalists said Löw had told them weeks before that Khedira and Schweini together simply cannot start until the mid of the tourney but in public Löw and the journalists acted like Lahm at DM was his first choice and until after France opponents did not know who would play in which position. So we surely will see again this will he/will he not play game with Hummels and Schweini and others.

nekkibasara, EmersonRW and BorisG repped this.
  10. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ------------------------Neuer------------
    Kimmich-------Boa------Hummels-----CAN
    --------------------Schweinie-----------
    ----------------Kroos----------Khedira---
    OEzil------------------Muller-----------Draxler

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's because Spain found it easier to penetrate the Czech box while we struggled except for a few times to do so with Ukraine, which is why we need more touches.

BorisG repped this.
  12. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Coz Spain's players are very comfortable with the ball on their feet which makes them more dynamic in possession and going forward. With the exception of Ozil and Kroos, our mid and attackers are runners without the ball. Muller, Draxler and Schurlle look awkward with the ball at their feet. Spain plays a system that fits their players strength. Spanish players are more 'Ozil' like. Germany's players are better suited for counter attacking football but are trying to play possession style.

BorisG repped this.
  13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nonsens.. sorry. Spain were all but comfortable to penetrate Czech's defense. One can argue they were lucky to score once.

Germany seem to deliberately slowing down their game in the 2nd half. That almost killed all Ukrainian attacks. Germany can of course play faster if needed and proved so dozens of times, haven't they?

If you rewatch the match, despite 15 minutes before the break, Germany totally dominated that match and were unlucky to not score more with their quality chances. In fact one can say that there wasn't much of a difference between Germany's and Italy's performance. But the one was expected to play brilliant football right from the beginning whereas the other team was expected to fail because of the age structure and poor pre-tournament form. Expectations fool impressions. Italy more or less played their best possible game already whereas Germany can and will improve in several areas of their game.

The panic mode in here is ridiculous. You also don't change several positions of your team once the tourney starts because this isn't a pc game and you can't make several changes without breaking confidence, rhythm and team chemistry. That's why Götze will start as least for all group matches, Höwedes probably all tourney and Hummels will be the only main change of the team other than forced changes due to injuries/suspensions.

The team had a good start into the tourney, will stay focussed because they have areas where they can improve further, have probably the best player of the tourney to this point (Kroos) and will play a good tourney. Chill.

14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    oh i am chillin
    [​IMG]

NUFCBayern, Obsidian, Dhajj and 3 others repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fussballer repped this.
  16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    You can't seriously say that Draxler is technically limited like Mueller and Schuerrle.

Sifrit and Der Müllerschaft repped this.
  17. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Too many DMs. I'd go with

Ozil------------------Mueller-----------Draxler
    --------------------Gommie-----------

BorisG repped this.
  18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    muller is technically limited?

Dhajj repped this.
  19. biohazard

biohazard Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny guys. Putting Can at LB, where he hasn't played for ages? Has he ever? Also pushing Ozil to the wing and limiting his ability drastically. Amazing.

Dage repped this.
  20. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well i was not impressed with Hector... Can is hectors backup , he played there against Hungary when subbed in... Maybe he wont be better either but hey!
    In a 4-3-3(below) , I just think that Muller is better in the center then Oezil is , Oezil can play on the wing as well.
    OEzil------------------Muller-----------Draxler

Low wont play a 4-3-3 at this stage , maybe in the knock out rounds he will field, Schweinie, Khedira and Kroos...e.g against Italy in QF.
    Then Having oezil in the center wont make sense as his finishing is not as good as Mullers..
    One could do this...
    ?-------Boa------Hummels-----?
    ----------------Kroos----------Oezil---
    Goetze------------------Muller-----------Draxler

21. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How about:

-----------------------------------Neuer--------------------------------------------
    ------Kimmich-----------Boateng----------Hummels--------------Hector-----
    ----------------------Khedira---------------Kroos---------------------------------
    ------------------------------------Özil----------------------------------------------
    --------Sané---------------------Müller-------------------------Draxler------------

BorisG repped this.
  22. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We need to be better defensively because we were soft as poo down the middle and on counters..

Lewa will have a field day with the chances given to Ukraine

23. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Focus have found out that in all tourneys Löw's lineups in the 1st and 2nd game were always identical. Either no Hummels or he's got to break that rule.

BorisG repped this.
  25. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mueller is technically limited? :eek:
    Or is there some insider BS Germany board sarcasm that I miss here?