Euro 2016 - Everyone but us.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 10, 2016.

1. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It is a trend that teams are more cautious and defensive such that France, Russia, England, Spain and Italy scored late in the game, especially France and Italy. Prepare to go to extra time and PK if needed I guess. The only open game that I saw so far is Poland-Germany and it resulted in 0-0.

2. We will at least be nr 2 in the WC pool. Sweden is no competition, no match for us. With or without Ibra.

3. Did anybody see that funny video clip of that Turkish woman, making her husband go berserk by playing with the spare? remote control during the Turkey match.:p

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL IN TWO MATCHES! Zlatan is NOT god.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stupid Croatian supporters throw flares onto the pitch, stopping the game for five minutes. Defender gifts Czech's a PK on a hand ball and the game ends up 2-2 draw.

6. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Has Zlatan ever been great on a tournament?
    Also how many CL / Euro WC games are there where he stood out?

How some people rate him higher than Robben is beyond me.. I'm not sure if he is even above RVP.

7. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We are not even in this tournament.. so... Let's not say anything.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its incredibly dangerous too. People have lost eyes and limbs from powerful firecrackers.
    I hope they round these hooligans up and throw them in jail. I'm not holding my breath though, this is Europe and not the USA

9. He is a very good player, without any doubt. But he doesnot match RvP in any respect. The only one claiming him to be a legend is himself. I already ridiculed him for being a failure at PSG when it mattered and why he was there in the first place, the CL.

10. A few things should have been done, given the perilous state France is in at the moment.
    First the match should go with a 3-0 win to the Czechs and the perpetrators aprehanded and given a 3 year jail time minimum as terrorists, risking lives in the stadium. Then, a world wide travelling ban for them for ever and when the return home their names and fotos made public in their country, so everybody can turn against them for robbing the nation from a chance to win the title.

Orange14 repped this.
  11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, Turkey is really, really, really bad.

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I don't know why they put such a CB pair, why don't they use Semih Kaya anymore ?

Topal and Balta aren't even natural CB's.

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    How bad was Holland? Czech and Turkey are not doing well thus far

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's Hiddink's fault. He wanted the team to do bad so he would get sacked and could move on to Chelsea to take over for Mourinho. Pretty simple!:D

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. Dutch style infected the Mexicans:

Sleepy Spaceman said:

We can't do shit the moment Chile chooses to press.

That's the story of Mexico. Pass back and pass back.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.-George Best

Screw you, I was here before 2011 but I forgot my username and password to my old email
    so I had to make a new account- Mr. Pancho
    Mr Pancho, Today at 3:36 AM Report
    #348 Rep Quote

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Watching the Swiss/France match and it looks like the Swiss are wearing tear away kit tops. When the French defenders have grabbed the shirt, it tore away and the match officials had clear evidence of a hold; they also made them change to a new shirt. I wonder why more teams don't do this.

AFAIK, this type of shirt was developed in the 1950s when a number of US college football teams had them for running backs. If a defender tried to tackle the running back, the shirt tore away and the ball carrier continued on his way. I'm not sure why the shirts disappeared after several years, perhaps the college athletic federation banned them. Still and interesting concept particularly for attackers in the penalty box!

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And we wonder why the English Premier League doesn't produce good team football?????

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So happy for Wales

20. I cannot believe how bad the passing game is in this Euro. I think the only teams with very good passing are Spain and Germany and France with sufficient to good.

Orange14 repped this.
  21. I had that suggestion about 20 years ago, but I think the kit sponsors donot like the idea that their kits appear to be of questionable quality.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think that's the case here. The kit manufacturer (Puma?) said they were disappointed that this happened and were going to look into it.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, Spain just made it a lot harder to win a third straight Euro. Croatia has some really nice young players. Perhaps the NVKB ought to take a look at the Croatian development program.

EDIT: Germany, Spain, Italy, France & England all in the same side of the bracket.

24. Parel

Parel Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    NAC Breda
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes the brackets are completely skewed now. As far as I can tell, no matter what happens tomorrow, the entire top half of the draw will be composed of teams that have never won a Euro or World Cup before...

Still completely disgusted how we failed to make it to this 24-team tournament. :eek: Hope we get back to a roaring start in September..

25. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its just the players themselves who have been in top form for their clubs after that world cup, so its pretty much how you assemble the team and make the best use of them.
    Mandzukic – Juventus
    Rakitic – Barcelona
    Modric- Real Madrid
    Perisic- Inter
    Brozovic- inter
    Kalinic- Fiorentina
    Strinic- Napoli
    Lovern – Liverpool
    Kovacic real

They still have some good guys who are coming up in 21 ranks

Halilovic- Barcelona/ on loan at Sporting Gijon
    Jedvaj- Leverkusan

The area where they are really using to develop their young players is at Dinamo Zagreb who have been continuously qualifying for CL out of croatia. Though they fail in the group stages but that's where they keep building up with their players exposed to top quality football and at the same time this gives the potential suitors to scout young talents. Halilovic,Brozovic,Krameric,Kovacic,all this guys were scouted while playing for Zagreb.

Now if you compare zagreb to Ajax who were in the same boat at one time,it kind of waste to see none of the dutch players are playing for top teams. I will not consider Blind here simply because if not for Van Gaal he wouldn't have had a sniff at Man United.