Euro 2012 Tickets

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by gosya, Apr 29, 2011.

1. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    So, first round results are in.

Who got what tix?

I have 8 for Donetsk semis (4 Cat 1 and 4 Cat 3) and 4 for Kiev quarters (4 Cat 3).

Looking to trade 4 Donetsk semis tix for 4 Donetsk quarters tix. Price adjsutments depending on agreement.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thank you

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You lucky bastard. I didn't get $h!t.

3. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    Don't worry. My gut feeling tells me that if you're willing to schedule the trip without hard tickets in hand, you'll be able to buy them at near face value with a couple of weeks to do, and probably at or belwo face value near the stadium.

The pricing structure is ridiculous. Because they wanted to make category 3 so cheap, category 1 and 2 turned out to be pretty expensive.

Don't see how they fill gorup matches or quarters at those prices. Expecially for a large stadium like Kyiv.

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We didn't get any so far, 0-for-3. Gosya you looking to sell any of those tix for the quarters in Kyiv?

5. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    Probably not. Sorry.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its alright. How the hell did you get so many lol? Did you win them or a friend? U.S. account or in Ukraine?

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My personal attempt got nothing.

8. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    One was mine and one was my father's. Both U.S.

I applied for 4 tix in every match application.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    At this point, it doesn't look like I'll be able to go.

10. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Congrats Gosya.

We were shut out -- 4 different applications, 2 from Usa, 2 from Germany, all for matches in Poland.

Based on nothing other than a gut feeling, I share your guess that Ukraine tix won't be too difficult to get if you just show up. Poland will be another matter I bet, thought, given that it is much easier to drive to for Western Europeans, especially the Germans. You'll still be able to get these, of course, but they'll be a lot more expensive.

(Frankly, my experience is that you can always get tickets if you wait until the very last minute for most matches. I was just at a round of 16 match in the Copa Libertadores. Everyone we talked to in Montevideo said the match was sold out -- five minutes into the match the ticket window opened again and we bought tickets for face value. Nowhere to sit, of course -- hardly anywhere to stand! -- but we got in.)

11. Sheva7

Sheva7 New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Got tickets to Ukraine's opening match in Kyiv. But that was all.

12. mchrapek

mchrapek New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I am interested in swaping following tickets:
    game 8: UKR - D2 Kyiv
    game 15: D2 - D4 Kyiv
    game 24: D2 - D3 Kyiv
    game 27: IC - IID (quarter final) Donetsk

I am mainly interested in tickets for the games in Poland.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got the call from Ukraine last night. We went totally 0fer.

14. tpohlig

tpohlig New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone paid or know of anyone who's paid for tickets via bank transfer in Ukraine? I have a friend there who won tickets but is unable to pay for them, because the bank says he missed the deadline - even though he didn't receive notification until after that date! And his account on the UEFA website still shows the tickets waiting to be paid for...

Thanks for your help!

15. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    If Odessa was given a game we could have all gotten tickets, my half-brother worked on the Euro 2012 organizing committee and works as Chudo's lawyer.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure those Final game tickets are still on the table for me. ;)

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Your half brother is an epic failure with the rest of Odessa and Dnipro. I remember Belanov at the last minute tried desperately to persuade Platini to appoint Odessa before the final decision. Absolutely pathetic they let themselves get beat out by Kharkiv.

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Said it once, I'll say it again.

Pathetic failure is Odessa's football. :)

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Too true....I'm ashamed.

19. Murlsy

Murlsy New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Carrollton
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got blanked as well. Is there another ticket window? I thought there was, but I can't find anything about it on the UEFA website. I emailed them. I'm going regardless. Hopefully I can get some tickets that aren't too outrageous. Poland only for me.

20. Murlsy

Murlsy New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Carrollton
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got news back from UEFA that they will be doing a "re-sell" of tickets in July. They tell us to keep checking the website for when. This is so Europe.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Do you have to reapply or how will it work?

22. Murlsy

Murlsy New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Carrollton
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably. But as is the norm, they aren't putting out much information. I don't understand how I didn't get ONE game. They said 88% of the ticket requests came from the two host nations. They split the amount that each country gets. I can't imagine more than 5,000 or so Americans wanting to travel for this event. Maybe I'm very wrong, though.

23. Murlsy

Murlsy New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Carrollton
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's July 10th and UEFA still hasn't put up anything about tickets on their website. If the cup is run this ineffeciently, I'm not sure I want to go. Anyone have better info than me?

24. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dude if it were up to me I would shoot every Uefa/Fifa member there is, but it's not. And the cup will probably be run inefficiently, but then again you can't blame anyone really, it is Eastern Europe. That's just how we roll>very inneficiently and probably drunk! :D

25. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I thought that the Moscow Olympics were supposed to be very well organized. Maybe I heard wrong.