Pre-match: Euro 2012 Qualification: Serbia - Italy (Oct. 7th 2011)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by forza_azzurri, Oct 3, 2011.

1. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    (20:45 local time) - Stadion FK Crvena zvezda - Belgrade

Italy Squad:

Gk: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain);

D: Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Cassani (Fiorentina), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit), Maggio (Napoli);

M: Aquilani (Milan), Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi (Roma), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus);

F: Balotelli (Manchester City), Cassano (Milan), Giovinco (Parma), Pazzini (Inter), Rossi (Villarreal).

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any US broadcasts?

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ESPN3 will have it.

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Criscito is apparently out of these two matches due to injury, while Pazzini and Balzaretti may be in doubt as well.

Two LB's injured. Wonder who the likely replacements would be...

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Pazzini cant make it Prandelli should call Osvaldo before Argentina poach him. I thought he deserved a look anyway.

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    It seems like I should know this but can a player play for one national team at U21 level and then another one at senior level?

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ya they recently changed that rule, unless if u play for the senior team of one national team u cant play on another...if they played in youth levels they can go to any national team

8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Gotcha. Thanks.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Giuseppe Rossi left today's training match injured and was replaced by Giovinco.

10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Villareal must be cursing right now :p

11. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Hopefully Prandelli makes some injury call-up's. Cerci, Abate, Osvaldo?

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The Roma fans (other than maybe ForzaAbruzzo) all say Osvaldo sucks...

13. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Actually, now they're starting to come around. PLease do not get suckered into thinking that some of the people on our forum is a credible sample that represents Roma fans. A lot of melodramatic bandwagoners there to say the least.

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    lol Fair enough.

Finally I have an anti-Roma-fan ally on this board! Strange bedfellows... ;)

15. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abate is injured, but Cerci deffinitly should have been called up. I don't understand the whole Ciggarini thing.

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osvaldo doesnt deserve azzuri call up, he's not that great. I dont like it when average strikers get capped for azzuri cuz for this national team you better be something special to get capped. No more amauri/any brazilian/argentinian crap.

besides we all know prandelli's gonna call up gilardino :p

17. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    should be a tough game for the azzurri especially in front of a hostile crowd. hopefully abate gets a last minute call.

18. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma

You're probably aiming this at me.So what exactly are you trying to say ? just because i criticize 1 or 2 of our transfers this makes me a bandwagon fan ?

What do you want me to say Osvaldo >>> Messi

Is that better ?

and FYI i've been a Roma fan for a very long time,probably longer than you.Don't think just because your on this forum longer than some of the rest of us that makes you more of a fan because it doesnt.You really have some cheek lad.

19. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Azzurri are dropping like flies. Balotelli is also out. Prandelli wanted a full team but you can tell these are just nagging injuries that clubs don't want to take a chance at. If we needed this win....these players play.

20. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's also on Rai International :)

21. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    THe last "above average" #9 that we had was Luca Toni (when he was in his prime). Since then we haven't exactly had a wealth of talent available to us for that role. Pazzini is a good striker, but has hardly shown anything for the NT thus far. If Osvaldo continues his great form for Roma this season then I don't see why we shouldn't at least give him a shot.

22. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Wasn't targeted at anyone specifically. If you feel that you are amongst the aforementioned sample though, then so be it.

Also, I'm not here asking anyone to pipe Osvaldo as being some sort of legend in the making. I am however hitting out at everyone that threw the guy under a bus before he even had a real opportunity to get settled. People were already crapping all over this transfer before he even got to play an official match with Roma, with some even going as far as HOPING that he would fail (how this makes sense, I do not know...). A lot of the hatred and negativity towards him was hardly merited, and I for one am happy to see that he's shown steady progression in the last few matches.

23. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I've always liked Osvaldo. I'm happy too that he is scoring goals.

24. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Osvaldo has been officially called up :eek:

25. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whether you are for it or against it one must realize that Osvaldo does have a past with alot of these players from the U-21 days. Prandelli knows him so this is a very good move and a good time to experiment since these games dont mean squat. Ogbonna getting a call pretty much signals Chiellini at LB.