Euro 2012 Qualification Groups.

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Rhand, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah, yes.
    However I think the Netherlands, Germany and Spain all want that perfect qualification record now with x wins out of x matches.
    So I think it won't be any easier fo the remaining opponents.

But indeed, Sweden have good chances to become the best 2nd placed team. Btw. for that matter results against 6th placed team won't count.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_qualifying#Ranking_of_second-placed_teams

2. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands wants the perfect record to stay ahead of Germany in the "battle" for the only(?) group seed left...

Geen kadootjes dus :) (No gifts)

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep, it's the only spot left, because Poland and Ukraine (as hosts) and Spain (as title holder) are automatically seeded.
    So no matter who gets the last spot, Germany and Netherlands will always be in different pots and can meet each other already in the group stage.

Actually I don't think pot 2 is so bad. You have a 50% chance to get the rather weak hosts in you group and if you get Netherlands or Spain you can't meet them until the final. :D

Anyway, I (as a German fan) would prefer to meet the Netherlands in a ko-round, especially the final.

4. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don´t tell the Dutch :eek:, or they might notice that it might be better not to be seeded in pot 1 and therefore not to win the last matches...

5. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Alright then. I started following international football since France 1998 which Sweden didn't participate in and after that they qualified for 5 straight championships EC/WC. Anything before that is a blur, never watched Sweden winning the bronze 4 years prior to France WC either.

I seriously doubt they will become the best no.2. Sweden has to beat Holland and Finland to become No.2 or at the very least draw one game if every other result goes Swedens way. Beating Holland is out of the question but a draw in Stockholm might be possible, which still will mean play-off.