Euro 2012 draw

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by jpick, Feb 7, 2010.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. 3zycupid

3zycupid New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Top 2 of the group through?
    Nevermind, found my answer.
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    Tough group but we always perform better against top team.
    [/FONT]

3. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah. With Lippi gone we'll have a RATIONAL manager and a YOUNGER squad.

4. Milyc

Milyc Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interesting group. There will be good challenges in there. Serbia and Slovenia are fairly strong teams, but overall the group is easier than that of 2008, which had France and Scotland.

Speaking of France, thet will play Romania again, following Euro 2008 Finals and WC 2010 Qualifying.

Hope we can do better against Faroe Islands. :D But fact is they've been playing a little better since then, with fewer big defeats.

Serenissima will play Moldova. Maybe a chance to snatch some points?

5. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Appoint CESARE PRANDELLI as coach!! He's a perfect coach for the "la Nazionale". He will represent Italy great because of he's amazing TACTIAN. I'm looking forward to this tournament so much because I'm excited as what young players will be included in our squad and the old players that are gonna finally be leaving. I expect players such as Marchisio, Criscito, Rossi, Poli, Santon, Balotelli, Paloschi, Bocchetti, De Silvestri, Rannochia, and maybe perhaps Forestieri..??.. with leadership of DDR & Chiellini would be among callups. WOW!!

BUT we got the World Cup to deal with first. Let's give our best effort to support the AZZURRI when the battle down in Johannesburg.

FORZA Calcio & AZZURRI!!

6. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Euro 2012 Special: What Italy, England, Spain, France, Germany & Holland’s Teams Will Look Like At Euro 2012
    The qualifying draw for Euro 2012 was made yesterday in Warsaw, and Goal.com’s experts get together to predict what the top nation’s starting XI’s could look like in Poland and Ukraine in two-and-a-half year’s time…

http://goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2...ecial-what-italy-england-spain-france-germany

WHAT A BRIGHT, TALENTED, YOUNG SQUAD TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    candreva and motta look like big weak points, maybe santon on the right, criscito on the left and hopefully the emergence of a better midfield than candreva (or he shows massive improvement). he's a good, promising player no doubt, but we will see.

Aquilani and montolivo have a good chance to be in the starting line-up, especially if they can finally prove they can show up in big matches. montolivo gets his chance with this year's cl ties as right now he has had a very good season for fiore, even i must admit.

8. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Can we have this squad for this coming world cup ? please.... pretty please??? LOL

9. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

EZEQUIEL SCHELOTTO and ANDREA POLI.

According to the Goal.com EURO2012 squad, we'll still have Pirlo and Buffon. I don't think so. I think Andrea Poli have a huge amount of talent who has been playing alongside Palombo since he just turned 19. While Vincenzo Fiorillo, Mattia Perin, or Federico Marchetti would likely to replace Buffon.

Ezequiel Schelotto is an Italian Argentine whom Lippi already labeled as the best RM prospect the world got. Although, S. El Shaarawi have something to say about that.

Like I said before and I say it again, Euro 2006 will have a totally new look squad. A completely revamped from the one that we're having this year. Probably and most likely a new 'la Nazionale' head coach. It's gonna be fun.

FORZA AZZURRI & CALCIO!

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with you in that Pirlo may not necessarily be around, or at least likely won't be starting. But Buffon? Perin gets no time in Serie A (isn't he in Genoa's primavera squad?) and Fiorillo is very talented yes, but very young (he's on loan in Serie B right now). I highly doubt that these two youngsters will be between the sticks in two years time over Buffon. I know you might be thinking that he'll be 34 by the time EURO 2012 comes around but goalkeepers can play at high levels until their late thirties (See Van Der Sar, Zoff, etc.). I understand he hasn't had a great season thus far, but jesh...

11. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Salvatore Sirigu?? Fiorillo is being prepared to replace Castelazzi. On loan at Reggina to replace him. Don't you think??

Perin just got called up for the u21 team. I guess he can wait until FIFA 2014.

12. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marchetti, Sirigu, Mirante, Viviano...there are some good keepers blossoming....but I don't see why we should replace Buffon, unless he's crippled.

De Sanctis, Storari, Sorrentino and Abbiati (if he finally starts playing for Milan) are also reliable 'veteran' options.

Perin has yet to play a pro game, let him develop in peace.

Fiorillo needs to improve massively if he wants to be a starter in Serie A...let alone feature in the national team.

13. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    agreed. its a tough , but to me, no doubt azzuri will take number 1 position.

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dates for Group C Qualification Matches:

8/11/10:
    Estonia - Isole Far Oer

9/3/10:
    Estonia – Italia
    Isole Far Oer – Serbia
    Slovenia – Irlanda del Nord

9/7/10:
    Italia – Isole Far Oer
    Serbia – Slovenia

10/8/10:
    Irlanda del Nord – Italia
    Serbia – Estonia
    Slovenia – Isole Far Oer

10/12/10:
    Italia – Serbia
    Isole Far Oer – Irlanda del Nord
    Estonia - Slovenia

3/25/11:
    Slovenia – Italia
    Serbia – Irlanda del Nord

3/29/11:
    Irlanda del Nord – Slovenia
    Estonia – Serbia

6/3/11:
    Italia – Estonia
    Isole Far Oer – Slovenia

6/7/11:
    Isole Far Oer - Estonia

8/10/11:
    Irlanda del Nord - Isole Far Oer

9/2/11:
    Isole Far Oer – Italia
    Slovenia – Estonia
    Irlanda del Nord - Serbia

9/6/11:
    Italia – Slovenia
    Serbia – Isole Far Oer
    Estonia – Irlanda del Nord

10/7/11:
    Serbia – Italia
    Irlanda del Nord – Estonia

10/11/11:
    Italia – Irlanda del Nord
    Slovenia - Serbia

15. Megax

Megax New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    I also saw the fixtures when they were released today. I was hoping someone on this board could let me know what the availability is like for Italy's games over here in the U.S.

Does RAI show every single Italy game - home and away?
    If not, are there other networks who share the load?
    Are there some games that are simply not broadcast?

Just trying to do some planning ahead of the Oct 8th game versus Northern Ireland.

Thanks in advance.

16. fitti

fitti New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Tallinn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
    Well, what can I say, being from Estonia, I couldn't be happier with the fixtures. To play Italy first thing after the World Cup - to my mind the only possibility for us to get something out of the game.

Also, great timing for the reverse game, vacations and all. Will be a great trip.

... Good luck and see you soon!