Euro 2008 tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Prawn Sandwich, Apr 30, 2007.

1. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    My dear thread mates, I’m afraid you are completely wrong about me and my intentions… I don’t need to explain myself, but I’ll briefly do it, just for you to don’t get the wrong impression on me (I think my contributions during the last months helping some of you with my experience also tells a bit who I am and what my intentions are, but maybe that was not enough..).

1) I’m a football fan that loves to see as many matches as possible in this competitions, so after studying the distances I have chosen Austria as my headquarter in Euro 2008 (if you take a good look, you would see that almost every match I want or have is in Austria, so first of all I didn’t apply for every possible match, and specially those I didn’t want to go.. If I don't swap I'll go to them all, just have some extra tickets as explained in point 2).

2) I applied for 2 tickets per match, because my girlfriend was supposed to come with me to Austria for the whole tournament. Unfortunately for me, for professional reasons she can only come 1 week (if lucky..). So THAT’S THE REASON I have at least one EXTRA TICKET for every match I’m going to see (of the 9 matches I’m offering tickets to swap, I’m going myself with other ticket at least to 7 of them!! The other 2 are in Switzerland, and I’ll also go unless I can swap them for the other matches in Austria (closer, less kms between matches) I still don’t have tickets to: #07 or #08, #23 or #24 and #31).

So please reconsider your comments, and if you want to think about it, admit you’re wrong about me… If you don’t agree or STILL HAVE DOUBTS about my intentions, please SEND ME A PM and I’ll be glad to respond to you privately, without bothering the other thread members anymore with this subject and unfair negative comments some of you posted about me, ok?

Take care and enjoy Copa America!! (it’s every night on Portuguese Sportv for the next few weeks, nice!) Miguel Vieira

2. munichfan9

munichfan9 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 7, 2005
    Burke, Virginia
    hey im lookin for tickets for next year and i was wondering if i could buy em from any1 just message me n we can talk bout it

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I think it's worth me reminding everyone about the restrictions on this thread

Thanks in advance

Prawn

4. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Oct 18, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Successful Application Cancelled! Ticket payment denials in spam folder- Re: Euro 2008 tickets

"Slings and arrows of outrageous fortune!" Talk about an emotional roller coaster. Anyone else have this situation? I just got back from vacation to find a letter from Euro 2008 Ticketing in my mailbox to tell me that my successful application (awarded a pair to C2vC3 in Zurich) had been cancelled after three unsuccessful payment attempts to my brother's MC (who's going with me.) No emails from Euro2008 in my inbox. Sure enough, I look in my spam folder, and there they are. MC's lovely fraud protection (my BofA Visa card does it all the time, too), blocked the charges without so much as a phone call to my brother. Euro 2008's first letter to me is to tell me that there's nothing I can do ??!! I tried logging into Euro2008 ticketing portal with my customer ID, and it seems to have locked me out. Does anyone have any useful contact info for them or ideas on how to deal with this situation? Of course calls have been made to MC and the CC issuer, USAA, but they only keep records of their unsuccessful charges for 3 days, and they refuse to take responsibility (a state's attorney appeal will be made if UEFA is obstinant.)

I just wanted to see a game (2 or 3 would have been nice- I applied for 15, but is is so much to ask to see one game, where I don't even who's going to be playing!)

5. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Re: Successful Application Cancelled! Ticket payment denials in spam folder- Re: Euro 2008 tickets

Hello! Try this link from the official Euro 2008 website: http://support.euro2008.uefa.com/al/12/2/article.asp?aid=1307&n=1&tab=search&bt=4&s=

It contains a telephone number where you can try to talk with them to explain your situation. Hope that helps... Good luck, Miguel Vieira

6. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Here's something received by at least two members of similar forum in Poland:

Dear Football Supporter,

Please note that your Ticket order is currently under investigation because of suspect personal information details provided in the Ticket order. The matching of your personal information with your payment is unreliable and necessitates strict personal verification to ensure your compliance with the Ticket Application rules and the terms and conditions you have approved.

Your Ticket order and your Tickets will be immediately cancelled if you fail to prove that your Ticket order has been made in your personal name in full compliance with the applicable contractual rules. Please follow the compulsory instructions below:

- You will receive a form via post within the next 7 days to the address you indicated in your Ticket Application;

- Fill out the form mandatory hand written and attach a printout of this email and a copy of your identity card or passport;

- Send the documents together to the address indicated on the form by registered mail;

- Note that we will only accept the form if it is complete, hand written, and contains a printout of this email and a copy of your identity card or passport;

- Your reply shall be notified at the receivers address on or before the 07 August 2007. If we have not received your documents in time and / or incomplete, your Ticket order will be cancelled;

Note: In case of cancellation, the amounts paid will be reimbursed in full, less the administration charges and the cost of the bank transfer.

7. Rig1964

Rig1964 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel sorry for the guy who seems to have lost his tickets due to a credit card company f*ck up.
    But the above post from wombacik suggests that they're cracking down on people who made multiple applications in false name etc. If those people lose their allocated tickets maybe they will be made available to people who made honest applications. People like me.
    Made my day that has. :)

8. medyk

medyk New Member

May 1, 2007
    False name.... mother, father... i don`t think so:)

9. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Oct 18, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Re: Successful Application Cancelled! Ticket payment denials in spam folder- Re: Euro 2008 tickets

Thanks, Miguel. The link led me to a dead page, but I was finally able to find a phone number in the contacts section when I went back and started with UEFA's main site. I also got a reply to an email I sent to a general info email address which had a phone number to call, and someone referred my contact info to a "2nd tier of support" to call me back, but he said he didn't think they could do anything.

The whole situation is a bad deal because they can hide behind their legal statements that they reserve the right to cancel tix at any time for any reason, and I feel stupid for not searching through spam earlier or checking my app status for a month and a half (I used a MC because I knew I'd be busy, and it took FIFA months after their proposed date to bill my card for WC tix.) I feel shorted by the fact, however, that they had my phone number, and the first time they bother to spend a buck on postage is to send me a letter that my app has been cancelled. I have a 1 year-old and a fledgling acting career, along with a full-time job, so it was enough for me to collaborate the details of our ticket app with my brother (who was using the other ticket) and figure out what games we'd apply for before the app deadline without having to babysit its payment progress after it was approved. Thanks to Phase V, I saw a few matches in Germany, but after that nightmare (how many others slept on the floor at work because there was a faster internet connection, waiting for ReloadEvery to chime an alarm that tix were available), I was happy only seeing 1 match at this tournament, and I don't know if I'll have the time (or even the opportunity) to scrounge like that this go-round. Ugh.

10. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon

Mrs. O'Leary's, sorry it didn't work, but the link I mentioned was supposed to link you to this page of the official Euro 2008 website:

Question
    Who can answer general questions concerning the Ticketing of the UEFA EURO 2008 (TM)?
    Answer
    Should you have general questions concerning the Ticketing, you will find answers to a variety of questions in this Help/FAQ section. Should you still not find any answer to your questions here, you may direct your questions to us by e-mail using the dedicated contact form. You can also call our Ticketing Information Line from Austria and Switzerland at 0900 09 0868 (0.32 EUR/min from Austria; 0.50 CHF/min from Switzerland). Fans calling from outside the host countries can dial the following number +41 44 559 0868. All relevant aspects will be explained in three languages (English, French and German).

If you haven't tried this yet, than I hope this can help you... Good luck, Miguel

11. dmx521623

dmx521623 New Member

Aug 15, 2003
    USA
    Wow , i ddint realize how fast these tickets are gonan go

Well my question is, is there a way I can still get some tickets for reasonable amount ( close to the face value) maybe from ebay. Are thye going to be printing peoples names on tickets this time just like on world cup.?

bascillay can I stil lget tickets at reasonable price?

Thanks

12. mojo_guy

mojo_guy New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Question: I'm from Canada and follow the Italian National Team

I want to go to Euro 2008 but was not clued into the fact that tickets for Euro 2008 went for sale online months ago. Am I out of luck or is there another way to secure tickets?

Thanks for any help!

MOJO

13. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    The last chance to get FMT Italy tickets would be through Italian FA after they qualify. A friend of yours with permanent residence in Italy would be very helpful here. ;-)

14. mojo_guy

mojo_guy New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Thanks Wombacik!!!

15. cbsmith

cbsmith Member

Feb 21, 2001
    New Jersey
    Okay...I have 4 Cat. II tickets to Match 7 in Innsbruck (June 10). I'm looking to swap these for 4 Cat. II tickets (if they're not Cat. II, we can work it out), to any of the following matches:

Match 17 (Basle, June 15)
    Match 21 (Berne, June 17)
    Match 22 (Zurich, June 17)

PM me if interested.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The only way you can get tickets at a reasonable price is through UEFA or your local FA (if your country has qualified). Your local FA will start taking ticket applications following qualification. In Holland they sell tickets through their supporters association. It's the luck of the draw but the longer you are a member the more heavily your lot weighs, i.e. you can't just sign up and immediately expect tickets.

They will put names on the tickets but it is impossible to check the identity of 50,000 people at the gate on the day. That's why you will always be able to get tickets on the black market (at very high prices though).

17. Rig1964

Rig1964 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It depends how much you are prepared to pay.
    Between the time the draw is made and the start of the tournament thousands of tickets will become available on ebay.

18. BENOIT100

BENOIT100 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    ebay will remove listings for football tickets if memory serves me correct for major tornaments. i feel UEFA will have a few more sales phases available as FIFA did for the world cup - some may be restricted view seats etc, or tickets rertunred from sponsers. problem is - the stadiums are so small so tickets will be very hard to come across i can imagine.

19. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Any proves for ANY (even single one!) of your ideas? Or is it typical wishful thinking?

20. irishgirl00

irishgirl00 New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Not sure if this is the right place to get an answer but I will be in Spain in November and am trying to get tickets for the qualifier against Sweden. I scanned this thread and its focused on the Euro 2008 games next year. Does anyone have any insights as to how to get tickets for qualifiers without going through a ticket broker? I checked the RFEF site but coudln't find anything.

21. mad4footie

mad4footie Member

Oct 31, 2003
    New England
    I have had good luck getting tickets to international qualifiers by contacting the FA for the hosting country. The Spanish FA email is rfef@rfef.es. Another good option is a travel site called "Virtual Tourist"; almost every city listing has a section of tips from members including sports travel. If the information you are looking for hasn't been posted ask on their message board and you'll very likely get a response, probably from a local resident.

Good luck with your tickets and enjoy your vacation!

22. Rig1964

Rig1964 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For the world cup ebay uk removed ticket listings, but there were shit loads available on ebay.com and ebay.de

23. BENOIT100

BENOIT100 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    suppose it is a bit of wishful thinking that more sales phases become available but the chances of this to me area extremly high (id say 99.9%) judging by history of the last 5 or 6 major championships. next time it will be a fastest finger first, first come first served scenario i guess much like germany 06.

once the draw and venues are confirmed i suspect we will see alot more action.....

24. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's already been stated by UEFA that there will not be a second sales phase.

On the other hand, they will have to do something with tickets returned by sponsors, and ticket applications they rejected - some of which, according to posts on here, occurred after tickets had been allocated.

25. elidosa

elidosa New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    come on Italy

tomorrow only win with Ukraina

:D