Euro 2008 tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Prawn Sandwich, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tiki12

tiki12 New Member

May 12, 2008
    Now they changed it again.
    Tuesday, 22 April 2008 (11:24) - Ticket Portal

it is now ticket portal. At least that confusing ticket collection point went away. However status is empty and they replied my email.

it is simply teaching me how to log in to the system. I am now sure they dont read emails. I don't know what to do after this point. Why they don't sent the tickets right away. Why do they still building the site. Is this thing to build at the last minute.

ohh btw they added you can track your ticket order here bar.

But as usual if I click on it, it says no shipment found error from DHL.

2. tiki12

tiki12 New Member

May 12, 2008
    Ok, i got my tickets as of now.

Yesterday night I received an email mentioning they dispatched the tickets. (however it was a generic one) . My status is still empty and tracking link says No record found.

However I got my tickets.

Now I need to arrange my trip based on the QF, SF and F possibilities.

Thanks for the help

(for the info my frist ticket time was 18th of April and the last one was 22nd of April)

3. masto22

masto22 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    It is interesting to know how difficult always is to have tickets for this kind of tournaments
    :-S

4. Serti

Serti New Member

May 20, 2008
    Where are people buying tickets for 500? Ebay?

5. felipe23

felipe23 New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I havent received my tickets yet, and the link in the application does not work
    is that normal ???

6. driesentsa

driesentsa New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Anyone have a phone number for the Swiss Rail?

7. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Yes, but only if you're lucky.

8. MarNic

MarNic New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    NC
    Hi Guys,

Many of you may remember me from 2006. I swapped several tickets.

I have just been awarded the following tickets by Adidas;

4x Cat 1 tickets for;

Portugal v Turkey
    Spain v Russia
    Italy v Romania

I am looking for some games later in the event and am currently trying to arrange flights.

Please let me know if you have any interest.

Regards,

Marc

9. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Did UEFA announce that stupid rule that FIFA tried to impose during the World Cup? The one of people having to show their passport at the gate and make sure it matches the name on the ticket? I haven't seen that anywhere.
    I hope not, I bought my tickets on ebay.

10. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I believe that rule is on, but in Germany that wasn't the case in practice and I believe it will be the same in Austria/Switzerland ;)

11. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I hope not because 2 of my tickets have women's names.
    Is that rule anywhere in writing?
    How realistic is it to check everyone's names at the gates?

12. felipe23

felipe23 New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The opening match they checked 1 in 10
    the rest of the games nobody checked anything
    I also had women names on it and nodoby cared
    dont worry

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The tickets only have the purchaser's name on. So I bought 4 tickets to one game and all have my name on. Just say the person that bought the tickets has another one and they are already in the ground.

14. Thelonious

Thelonious New Member

May 28, 2008
    I am buying tickets on Ebay having been shut down in the lottery. I know from previous tournaments that sections in different categories are assigned to the fans of each team with "neutral" sections as well. Does anybody know how to tell from the color coding on the tickets which type of section you are in? I am particularly interested in the Romania-France game but would generally like to know how to tell. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

15. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Accomodation in Vienna during finals

I have a hotel booking in Vienna that I will not use and am not able to cancel. Looking for someone who needs accomodations who would like to take over. I am selling this at face value or below. The room is for 3 people in a US-based chain hotel, June 21-30.

16. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Oct 18, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Tried to post this on Saturday, but it didn't show up (if a moderator blocked it, can you please PM me to tell me what to do instead- not a tout, posted before, only looking to trade.)

I have 2 tix to attend Italy v. Romania in Zurich on the 13th, and my brother backed out on me pretty last-minute. Anyone willing to trade a single with me, for another game, prefer to see the Dutch or French (as I'm part both- figures the lottery would give me the one game in their group that features neither.) Prefer to see the same teams anyone else would (NED, FRA, POR, CZE, SWE, GER, CRO, ITA.) I fly into Zurich on the 9th, and fly back to the US on the 19th. I'm also game for anybody looking to share car rental or other resources, as that's what my bro and I were planning to do.

Thanks,
    Jeff van Hoy

17. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just balls out and buy tickets like I did. If you're in the wrong section, just buy your neighbors a beer.

18. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    20.000 tickets have been blocked by UEFA, without chance of a refund (I doubt this has any legal ground btw). UEFA doesn't know who bought the tickets.

Not that this is relevant to anything but UEFA's wallet :rolleyes:

Filthy rats, the lot of them. I fully expect 20.000 tickets to be sold again.

19. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What's your source?
    where did you see that? I saw nothing on uefa's page.
    which tickets? the ones sold on ebay?

20. Phase4Nightmare

Feb 17, 2006
    Netherlands
  21. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  22. PaoloD

PaoloD New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    What the hell man, how are we supposed to know which tickets are fraudulent?

I bought my tickets on ebay and I spent a shitload of money on them. I hope I don't get denied at the gate. This will suck if it happens. Why does UEFA have to penalize the people that spend the money?

Do you have any more information on this?

23. buffalo-boy

buffalo-boy New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Hi there,

I am new to this forum. I would like to buy tickets for the EURO 2008 tournament> But I just saw a message from yoiu, PaoloD that some are fraudulent and they ask a 'shitload of money' for them. Not only on Ebay but also on al the other sites (prices for minimum 400 to 1000 Euro's!) and yes, if you buy them, how can you be sure they are real ?
    2 years ago, I bought 2 tickets for Wordcup Germany 2006, on the site 'TICKETSTRIKE.COM" (Spain vs Tunesia) and I only had to bid 50 euro's for each ticket above the orignal price. I obtained them and received an official letter e-mail from FIFA, with which I had to proceed to the ticket centre at the stadium and got the tickets. We had good places and everything went smoothly and unforgettable experience. After the world cup, they announced they will be back for Euro 2008. But now they have dissapeared> Foes any one know where they have gone and if there's an alternative site ? Thank you

24. Rig1964

Rig1964 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I remember correctly Ticketstrike.com didn't strictly speaking sell tickets, they bought them on your behalf and charged a commision.
    The way tickets have been distributed for Euro 2008 is quite different to WC 2006 and the method ticket strike were using to obtain tickets wouldn't work this time.

25. buffalo-boy

buffalo-boy New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    That's true, Rig1964
    Ticket Strike didn't sell tickets. They bought tickets on your behalf and sell them at a commission price. Sometimes the commission was quite low (50 euro's) sometimes high (up to 1000 euro's). But the fact that I only paid 50 euro's above the ticket price for a match, proved that you didn't need to pay crazy prices in order to obtain a seat. I don't see why that wouldn't work right now ?
    I just regret that you now would have to bid e.g. 500 euro's on e-bayfor a card for a group game at Euro 2008 and...not even be sure that the ticket is genuine !
    Or does anyone know a site where there offer seats at "reasonable" prices ?