Euro 2008 tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Prawn Sandwich, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I've stickied this thread with the intent that all posts regarding discussions of tickets for this tournament be held in one place.

Following our experience with the WC last summer we appreciate that there are some posters who will want to participate in the swapping of tickets for this tournament. This will be allowed to happen with the following restrictions;

1) This activity can only be engaged in by regular posters on BS. I'm sure you will appreciate this sort of website will be a target for touts looking to make a killing on black-market tickets. Therefore, posts on this thread (and elsewhere on BS) will be vetted and any which are deemed by the moderators to not be from regulars will be summarily deleted. Continued requests by these posters will incur swift and punitive infractions.

2) Any posts offering tickets at above face-value will be deleted and infractions awarded without a warning.

3) If you are approached directly by posters offering to swap tickets or sell them above face-value please forward the PM to a moderator of this forum and we will deal with them appropriately. Obviously we need your participation in this last point but we hope you will assist us in this.

Any questions/suggestions please PM me.

Thanks in advance

2. paips

paips Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Mexico
    Im in Mexico, I choose to pay by bank transfer because one of my friends lives in germany, I got 4 tickets and one of my friends got another 4 aswell, he lives in estonia, and received the payment details, I havent received anything, I just want to know:

1) will it be the same payment details for him (Estonia) and I ( Germany)
    2) Can I send the money through the US, if the tickets will arrive to germany ? I know how to do that, I've done the same thing for the world cup

his details are here:
    IBAN: AT381200050671525103
    BIC / SWIFT CODE: BKAUATWW
    BENEFICIARIES BANK
    BANK AUSTRIA CREDITANSTALT AG

If someone from germany or netherlands reads this, please let me know if are the same data
    thank you
    Paips

3. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    I received the same bank transfer details. And I'm from Poland.

Do you know how those bank charges works? I this case the charges were supposed to be paid by the beneficiary. My question is if it means that they will also the charges of my bank in Poland? My bank says that if send 200 EUR this what I gonna pay and all the charges will be paid from this amount I am sending. Even they know how much is their fee, I cannot pay it myself. Well, I sort of can by increasing the amount to - let's say - 205 EUR. But that's not the point, isn't it?

This bothers me a lot because I wouldn't like to see my applications cancelled because of underpayment of few euros taken by my bank...

4. paips

paips Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Mexico
    This is what happened to me last summer in the world cup
    they charged around 25 usd in commision and your bank pays all the fees, one of my friends sent some money through other bank and FIFA sent him an email asking for 5 more euros, I recommend to send 5 more to be completely sure your application wont fail. It deppends on the bank.
    Any of you have the SWISS bank details ???
    thank you

5. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Anyone fron the EU got any experience with international bank transfers? C'mon guys - share some info!

6. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    I just made my payment. I specified that i'd pay my bank charges only, so UEFA will pay their part as well. You can also choose to pay all charges including the beneficiary's bank charges or no charge at all (but I don't think that's what they meant, because my charges cost 21GBP, over 30 Euros, for a fast transfert so I don't think UEFA would have agreed - yeah, banking in the UK is just a rip off.) I just hope it will go through though, because the cashier at the bank wasn't sure of what she was doing...

Does anyone know if UEFA will send a receipt of payment? How did it work for the WC 2006?

cheers

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Right ok I just paid as well.

My letter says this:

Charges: BEN (Charges paid by the beneficiary)
    Beneficiary: EURO 2008 SA

Now I took this to mean that all charges would be paid by the beneficiary ie. UEFA.

My bank is charging £20 (about 30 Euros) for this transaction. Now I have a bad feeling about it.

8. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Just saw this as well on uefa.com

http://support.euro2008.uefa.com/al/12/2/article.asp?aid=1588&tab=faq&bt=4&r=0.5886347

Question
    Is bank transfer more expensive than other payment methods?
    Answer
    Details regarding your international bank transfer payment will be sent to you in a paper letter if your Application was successful in the lottery. In this case, we strongly recommend that you give this letter to your bank in person. If you proceed your payment as indicated in the payment instructions, this method of payment will be of no disadvantage to you in comparison to customers who selected another payment method. You will not be charged for the costs of international bank transfers.

The line I have bolded is the key to me. I now feel slightly better.

9. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Hi everyone! What happens (at least that was the case in WC 2006) is that the charges are SHARED, which means we have to pay some charges (in 2006 for a Portuguese bank account was about 3 euro) extra the amount transfered, and UEFA pays the rest for receiving our money.

Wombacik, you can be rested, because they will not cancel your application, you just have to give that info to the bank, they pay for example the 200 euros to UEFA, and will charge you extra +- 3 euros for it. At least that happened to me in WC 2006 and now I'll do the same.

Hope to have cleared this subject to everyone. Take care, Miguel Vieira

10. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    comme, I read gouf35's post earlier, and I just came back to say that BEN really does mean that UEFA pay all the bank charges, including your bank's.

The alternatives are SHA (shared, i.e. each pays the charges of their own bank) and OUR (sender pays all)

I thought this might be an EU-appeasing thing (reflecting the uproar about Mastercard and the World Cup), but it also occurred to me that it's just a cock-up and my ticket payment is going to get rejected. So your quote from uefa is very helpful - final proof.

11. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    I believe there are no SWISS bank details, they should have a central bank account were they mange the mony from,not 2 bank accounts in Swi and Austria. So there sould be only one reference code for this payment intructions. (At least that's what happened in Euro 2000 of Holland and Belgium, for what I've experienced there was only an Dutch bank account for the UEFA Euro 200o ticketing issues).

But if you have doubts, there's a link on the official Euro 2008 website where you can send your questions to a kind of help desk, and they can clear that subject for you.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

12. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    You should all pay with the alternative "SHARE", that's what UEFA wrote in the payment instructions (either now, in WC 2006 and other competitions). It's a regular procedure, and as I mentioned in my other post, you pay some extra charges (+- 3 euros in my case, Portuguese bank account) yourself to your bank, not to UEFA.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

13. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No, as comme posted above, in the Euro 2008 payment instructions they specify

Charges: BEN (Charges paid by the beneficiary)

14. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Maybe you are refering to a mistake made by WC 2006 ticketing office, where they in the begining of the process made a mistake calculating the administrative fees (to some people they charged less than supposed, and to other more than they should).

I remember that from their previous rules I should have paid 13 euros, but they were asking me around 20. I questioned them in their customer service then, and while I was expecting their answer, a correction email arrived to my email account, and I ended up paying the +- 13 euro administrative charge at that time. I remember these charges had something to do with the mail costs of sending the tickets, and depended on what country should they post the tickets.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

15. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The key difference is that Holland and Belgium shared a currency. Switzerland and Austria do not.

16. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    In WC 2006 they had a status in the application on their website, where it was refered if it was "waiting for payment" or "paid" (I don't remember the exact words, but was something like this, I remember going there and check if my payment /international transfer was successful, to be able to rest..).

Take care, Miguel Vieira

17. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    You have a point, but I think that's their problem.. I believe none of the BigSoccer members received SWISS bank details, but I can be wrong. (The only ones that could get that are swiss residents, for them maybe they have that because of eliminating the international bank charges, but for all other applicants I believe they only have 1 central bank account).

Take care, Miguel Vieira

18. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    I'm sorry then, I was missleaded by the information I had from previous major footblal competitions. In Portugal all my friends had "SHARE" conditions of payment, and friends of mine from abroad (ex: Holland) also had those instructions. Maybe for your country (England?) they have different policies, I don't know, maybe because your banks charge more than ours.

This way I cannot help you, sorry. Maybe it's better for you to contact them through their customer service or go to the FAQs to be sure of what you should do.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

19. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    If my other posts haven't answered your doubts, send me a PM with your specific question, maybe I can help you.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

20. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No, it's OK, we've got to the bottom of it. No ticket buyer should pay any bank charges. That's what it clearly says on the payment letter, and the Euro 2008 website.

21. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Yes, to UEFA we pay / transfer what they mention in the payment instructions (ticket prices + 20 euros taxes). The eventual extra charges are paid to our bank (in my case I pay around 3 euros of administrative charges for them to process my international bank transfer).

Hope I was of good help for you guys.

Take care, Miguel Vieira

22. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you still saying that people should pay the charges that their own bank charge? If so, why?

23. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    I can only share what I've experienced, and both in WC 2006 and now I pay UEFA what they mention in the paynment intructions, and have to pay extra +- 3 euros to my bank for costs they charge me concerning the processing of an international transfer. That experience maybe depends on the bank and country you are in, but with "SHARE" I believe that's the common procedure.

So yes, I pay extra small charge to my bank. Why? Because they ask me to.. :) (I don't work in a bank, so I'm not an expert on that matter, only can help you with my past experiences..)

Take care, Miguel Vieira

24. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    OK, so are you saying you've got payment instructions now (ie Euro 2008) that don't say -
    Charges: BEN
    ?

25. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Yes, they say "Charges: SHARE" (as in WC 2006).

Take care, Miguel Vieira