Euro 2008 Qualifier France vs. Italy 09/06/06 pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by SueB, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. :D Believe me, I WANT the France-Italy game to be on RAI!!!

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Sky Italia announcers were great against Germany.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xu1dkd2M2ns

3. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    brings back memories

goal di grosso goal di grosso goal di grosso

alleeeeeeex deeel pieeeroo

and we are going to have a better attack in 08.. how is anyone gunna stop us?

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I posted this before but if you guys in the USA do not have TLN Setanta Sport or TV5 go to this site www.streamerone.it and download the latest version of their beta software. Should be close to the top on the right side of the screen for those that can not read Italian. After doing this there should be a couple of test channels. Test 2 280 kbps is Rai Uno. A direct stream from Italy. I watched the Croatia game on this channel. Comes in very good and the more people that log on the better the stream. Rai Uno is showing the game live in Italy so if you do not mind watching the game on your computer this is a good option especially for those that have a computer hooked up to their TV.

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yesterday, I went to the guide on my Time Warner Cable box, and pressed TV5, and mysteriously, I had it. Hopefully it stays like this until next Wednesday so I can watch the game. So anyone with TWC, check TV5...

7. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    God bless you, they are so beautiful....

I would love to have Sky Italia here in Connecticut just to see the soccer matches...These guys make it so much more enjoyable to watch. I loved it when they shouted together "CAMPIONI DEL MONDO, CAMPIONI DEL MONDO" in unison. They have so much passion for the game, for the country, it's beautiful.

@Artre
    Thanks for the streamer, hopefully, RAI International will show it and I will not need it, but if they don't, I will use that link, thanks.

And, as for the rematch with France, Buffon appears to be ready.

"Francia, ancora tu. Battuta una volta, c''e'' da batterla di nuovo: saranno due formazioni diverse dall''ultimo incontro in quel di Berlino. Donadoni, in particolare, ha rivoluzionato la squadra e di quei campioni del mondo ne sono rimasti pochi. Uno che dira'' presente e'' Buffon, pronto a difendere i pali della propria nazionale anche in occasione del cammino di qualificazione ai prossimi Europei: "Tutti vorranno dare il massimo contro di noi, ma non sara'' facile ricominciare - questa la posizione del numero uno-. Nella gara con la Francia ci bastera'' dimostrare di non essere inferiori a loro e non perdere sarebbe gia'' importante"."

Translation:
    FRANCE, YOU AGAIN. BUFFON ALREADY KNOWS HOW TO DO IT: "WE'LL WIN"
    "France, you again. Defeated once, there's [the need] to beat her again: there will be two different formations from the last meeting in Berlin. Donadoni in particular has revolutionized the squad in which there are only a small amount of the World Champions remaining. One that will be present is Buffon, ready to defend the posts of the national squad even during the walk of the Euro qualifiers. "Everyone wants to give the most against us, but it won't be easy to restart - this is the position of the number one [jersey]. In the challenge with France, it would be enough "demonstrating not being inferior to them and not losing, would be important already."
    http://it.sports.yahoo.com/29082006/4/francia-tu-buffon-sa-gia-come-si-fa-vinceremo.html

8. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Err.. about the channel thing. Does Sky Sports show any qualifying games and is it worth ordering it if you already have RAI International? If so what channel is it on if you have Rogers Digital Box. And is Fox Sports World any good concerning Italian games?

9. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Apparently RAI has the contract to show most of Italy's friendlies and qualifying matches over the next 2 years. So if you're looking for a channel just to watch the national team then RAI should be more than enough. If you want a very good sports channel overall that has plenty of good soccer to offer then order SKY.

Fox Sports World is ok in my opinion. I get it her in Canada on ExpressVu and they usually show some pretty good re-runs of Italian matches during the season in case you missed it live. (matches are usually a few days to a week old).

10. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Well I got TLN, Rai International and GOLtv. (Goltv btw I think is quite like Fox Sports World since they sometimes show games after they've been played.) I'm thinking of getting Sky Sports and FOX Sports World but I don't think its worth it since I already have 3 pretty good channels.

11. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    for NT game (non-tournament), SkyItalia would be pointless.

12. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I think you may have misunderstood. If you live in Toronto, Canada, you cannot get Sky Sport Italia. That's only available in Italy....

13. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Oh that explains why I didn't see the channel on the sports list. ;) Thanks for your help. And as for Fox Sports World I think GOLtv is pretty much the same. Thanks again. :D

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Trezeguet will miss France's two qualifiers (including this one, obviously) with an injury. He's likely to be replaced by Saha.

15. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Canada blows the US away when it comes to access to top class soccer on TV. Having said that it's getting a little better here. Setanta sports will show France/Italia but it's hard to find. My suggestion is locating a sports bar that has complete access to Direct TV--it would be on channel 615.

Good news about Trezeguet; wouldn't want him to get booed by his own fans. ;)

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    That's odd. I've never seen RAI get the rights to a game once Setanta had them. UEFA probably sold the English and Spanish language rights to Setanta, the French ones to those French-Canadian stations....

so RAI would have to either license the rights from UEFA or Setanta got the Italian language rights and sublicensed them to RAI INT.

I'm not holding my breath :)

18. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    That's awesome news. soccertv.com confirms it; Rai Int'l is famous for stealth broadcasts and sometimes for pulling out at the last minute, but they had to try hard to get this on for all their subscribers These are the World Champions in a quick rematch with their rivals. I expect it to be broadcast so I'm making plans to take the afternoon off.

FORZA AZZURRI

20. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    Forza Georgia on Sept 2 !!

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    I downloaded it and when I click on a channel nothing a happens--also on mine it says "test 2 260" kbps is that right because yours says test 2 280 kbps? Help!! thanks. It also says I need to download an Active X?

23. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Sorry about the number but you are correct and it is 260 kbps. When you click the channel it takes some time to load but no more than a few minutes.Also you might have to download Active X if you are getting no picture. I cant remember if I had to but believe me this works. I am watching Lineablu right now. This is a good backup if you do not have Rai International and some of the other channels like Test 2 160 kbps which is one of the Mediaset channels will show CL games for Milan like they did against Red Star about 10 days ago. Try this and if it does not work PM me so we can set up a time so I can help you figure it out.

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    France looks much stronger today than they did in the summer. 2-0 already and they have not even played 20 minutes

25. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I know. During WC qualifying phase, France used to play down to their opponents level. Now they are crushing the minnows.