euro 2004

Discussion in 'Germany' started by kahn1, Aug 17, 2002.

1. kahn1

kahn1 New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    phoenix
    What do most of you think of germanys chances are to win the euro? I think as long as kahn is healthy and with the great defense that they play i dont think anyone will beat them.

2. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    It depends on how Voeller integrates the young defense with the team because as everyone saw in the world cup it was a bit shakey at times.

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    We'll see. Of course you always need luck, but I'm afraid that it won't happen again that a team has such an easy run to the final. Realistically Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Netherlands, England and maybe even Denmark or Sweden aren't worse than Germany.

4. 2004 is a long distance away, and I do not even know where the games will be played.

I will be routing for the Netherlands. They sure seem to have a lot of good young talent these days, though I do not know who will be the enforcer that replaces Davids in 2004.

5. astabo0ty

astabo0ty New Member

Mar 25, 2002
    South Florida
    i think hollland will win it. if not them maybe england. but in response to Ethel the Frog, why do u make it sound like Davids will be out? i believe he will only be 31 in 2004....

6. Eisern Union

Eisern Union New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Berlin
    2004 is far too far away to make a prediction, and it looks wide open anyway. Germany will benefit from an easy qualification group, though. Scotland as the #2 team is in turmoil (I could easily see them finishing 3rd or 4th) and Iceland is a dangerous team, but won't really challenge Germany. Much easier draw than England and Finland for the WC.

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I think an EC is very hard to predict. There's hardly any team making the final tournament that's without chances to win the title.

8. You are right that I may have written Davids off too early. But I am more curious as to whether there is another national team enforcer competing for the position. Now that Dutch league football is not available on FSW in the US anymore, I won't be able to see many games. (I am psyched for the Feyenoord match at the end of this month).

I think that given his rough style of play, Davids is probably at his prime now and will have trouble dealing with the big men of football in 2004. For example, I think he would have a tough time with Ballack even today if that were the matchup -- though I would love to watch such a matchup, just as I loved watching him one-on-one against Viera last year in CL (or maybe Thursday league, I can never remember). I hope to see another matchup between those two this year.