Euro 08 Qualifiers: Other Teams [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MicFW, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: FUNNY: Save Englishmen:) all what you need is to apply for a job as a coach

Squidward should ;)

2. rantanplan

rantanplan Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Berlin
    Youre sooooo English, arent you? :D

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How bout that group of death?

Its going to be unbelievable, every game will be like a small final.

Isn't it weird that Germany and Poland are in the same group again (after the WC) and Spain and Sweden meet again (after qualifiers) as well as Italy and France being together AND Holland and Romania too?

If Romania somehow makes it past the group they will earn a lot of people's respect. No offense to Holland but I don't think they've got what it takes to make it out, not the way they've been playing recently and with Van Basten on board.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would Group D have been;
    Greece
    Spain
    Sweden
    England

if they had qualified? Or would the seeding system have put them in another pot all together? All things being equal...that would have been a fun group to watch.

Anyways, group C. Whoever makes it out will certainly have several injuries, suspensions and fatigue going on to the knock-out round. Any team that qualifies after the first 2 games will probably field a "bench" team for the 3rd game, and this might not even be out of choice rather than necessity.

5. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only team I'm quite sure will make it out of the group is Italy, but I wouldn't want to bet which other team will go through. Romania is probably better than both France and Holland at the moment, but the question is whether they can keep that form for the tournament.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt it, they have a knack for screwing up when it matters. Besides, I don't think the unity is there for them to get through. Perhaps if they had an easier group they could make it out but I don't see them doing it against the likes of France and Italy.

Who knows, Holland might just get their shyte together and surprise everyone..

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fact that the third game of the group is ITA-FRA will help them both a lot if they are already though with victories over Holland and Romania...whoever Holland or Romania get points from in the first games might see an early exit!

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think uefa rigs draws

how often do we see teams that develop a rivalry in the CL drawn together in the groups the next year in the last couple of seasons?

now the euros with france and italy again, and germany and poland/austria

9. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Qualifiers are over..so let's move on.

Thread closed