PBP: (EURO 08 Group B) Germany v. Poland [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dead Fingers, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks, I didn't see that!

2. c3011

c3011 Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Fritz did was run with his head down and cough up almost every ball he touched.

3. checkmate

checkmate Member

May 14, 2007
    Adelaide
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Fritz was pretty good to me. He is different then Shwani though, but still good, and rarely made any costly mistake.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fritz was pretty good to everyone except that guy....... :rolleyes:

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We get replays on ESPN Classic and sometimes in the middle of the night on ESPN2.

It doesn't really matter to me though, because all of the weekday matches are on while I am at work so I DVR them. Oh and ESPN's presentation has been top notch. It has been really refreshing to listen to David Healy and Andy Gray on the Germany match instead of those fools we get on GolTV. The HD picture and sound are something to be experienced. If you have surround sound, its like being in the stadium. The atmosphere is really well represented.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but Julie Frodo is like the Paula Abdul between Simon (the brit) and the other guy...a total waste of space!

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is what I did for the matches I did pay for back in 2004. I DVR'd them.

But many times, I would sneak to Irish Pub closest to where I worked for a long lunch with the matches.

Would just run back in with a handful of paperwork and stay a bit later! LOL!! :D

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will definitely be showing up for work on Thursday in my Germany uniform and taking a long lunch around 2:45 :p

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah...I am trying to take my boss out to watch the game...he's a big Red Sox and Patriots fan. Actually, you know the masks that the Sox used during the final celebration? Donated by our company, courtesy of my boss.

But he isn't the typival American soccer-is-for-wusses...he actually asked me which team he should pick to follow to get into it and has been keeping up with highlights and so perhaps we'll have a "working lunch" at a bar with a nice HD flat screen!

10. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    That is cool, I loved the masks that some of the players were wearing during the parade.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool Cris! Let's get more converts!!!

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We provided the same ones to the Patriots but with our logo on them but they lost the final...:(

Good publicity for us!

www.tdisdi.com - for more info, PM me!

Working on it my man, working on it :D It ain't easy in Maine! ;)

13. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    Yeah, ugh the patriots... I've supressed that memory.

Thats a nice website, diving is something I've always thought would be fun to try

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to bring up an old argument. If Podolski was a "1", what were David Villa, Andres Iniesta and Fernando Torres for Spain this evening?

In my opinion, all three played better than Podolski did the other night......

15. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I would only have given Poldi a pure "1" if and only if Germany were playing a top 8 team

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me, but OK.

I think people here overrate his performance because of who he is and who he plays for. If he was a "1", then they need to come up with a grade for "out of this world" because that's what these other three guys were compared to him.

17. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That could have been a "1" for everyone on the German team then when they beat San Marino 13-0...

Time to dump an old argument...

18. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Villa deserves a freaking "0.5" then. Oh my god!

Iniesta deserves a "1" and Torres maybe a "1.5"

To be fair, Torres is about the same as Podoslki did. Poldi was used as a left wing, despite the two goals he made some nice off-the-ball runs and nice challenges to turn the ball over. Poldi was running up n down the pitch n had a pretty flawless match too. I would rather give him a "1.5" tho.

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Keith I think we somewhat agree with each other. I was just saying that I think you have to take the opposing team into account. That's just me...as Kicker is just Kicker.

Who he plays for??? Bayern. funny, since I thought it was because they know his precarious position at Bayern. Not because he plays for Bayern

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No man. I mean Gemany. He plays for Germany. What makes you think this has anything to do with Bayern?? :confused:

And I didn't mean just "Kicker", I'm talking about the people who screamed bloody murder yesterday when some of us suggested Podolski was not a "1"

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Podolski got a one Villa deserved a 1 as well. Torres about a 2 or 2.5 since he came off. I don't know about Iniesta, it took him a while to get into the game, don't think he was that good. Xavi was great, again their most important player.

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poland are good, they finished top of their group over Portugal and Serbia and are 50/50 for me with Croatia who finished above two teams inferior to Portugal...

23. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, it's great to be able to watch games twice because EVEN if you watch it the first time with full-concentration (and people hardly ever do), you still have the excitement of the occasion so to speak which can effect what you see in the game. When you watch it the 2nd time, you can fully concentrate and watch it without the excitement.

By the way, by "pay-tv' I didn't mean PPV, just in case you got that mixed up.

Yeah...but I can at least comment on it on the France board properly now

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Villa did, but not Torres (although he could have if he didnt get taken off) and not Iniesta.

Podolski would have gotten a 2, Villa today a 1.5, Torres 2.5, Iniesta 3.

25. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern fans...think the whole world revolves around them :D:D