Eureka! I'm a Grown Aris Man: The Eddie Johnson Story [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by wooglin12, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Goodness is this the USA thread, lol. So much hate against Carlos Ruiz, dont kick me Ruiz, u such a dirty player, lol. This is a man's sport son. well let me fill you guys in about Fish. He was recently playing in Puebla, Mexico. One of the top teams in Mexico. Let me remind all you Ruiz's haters that Mexico is probably the most competitive league in all American continent. When Ruiz arrived at Puebla, the team was like in the last standings about to descend to the lower league. He scored goal after goal until he brought the team back up. He didnt do this just on this team, he did it in Paraguay too, playing for Olimpia also one of Paraguay's top teams. Dont believe me, google it fellas!!!
    Now if Carlos Ruiz comes on fire, he's gonna bench some players. I expect many of the haters of Ruiz in here to comeback when Ruiz scores and say, wowwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek:
    [ame="http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=BwAyhFZ8pgQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Golazo de Carlos "El Pescado" Ruiz frente a Jaguares[/ame]

2. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Glad to see Imperador and Bolivian Fuego know bout Ruiz, good job lads for the research. A little more info. about Ruiz, since Guatemala has a new head coach, Paraguian Hugo Almeida, im sure Ruiz wants to play again for the Select team so he's going to work hard to show that he's still got it. Which will be good not only for him but for his new club Aris FC :cool:

3. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:confused:Yanks Abroad? You also do know that we have Americans, "Yanks" playing in the mexican league right? Including Herculez Gomez who led the whole Mexican League in scoring last season playing for the same team as Ruiz right?

I know you're defending Ruiz, which is fine & dandy because I think he's actually a solid player. I want to remind everyone that this is actually the EDDIE JOHNSON thread.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dont pay attention to him, he is just a guatemalan troll poster. :p He just searches for mentions of his NT or players related to them, and then makes issues about them not paying attention of where he is posting.

5. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha.:cool:

6. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Come on man you know what I mean. I said hopefully Sven sees EJ has a quality striker so much so that he starts the season for them or gets more pt time.

Well EJ needs to work hard to get a spot on this team, and heck would it not be ideal to move to CCC Club.

7. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

Eddie better get a frickin' shot at Fulham now if they wouldn't just let him go to Aris.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wonder if bigger Greek teams are looking at him given his little success in greece? He looked decent, with Cisse possibly leaving Pana' I wonder if htey would be interested?

10. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    EJ gets the start today:

Tonight's team: Stockdale; Stoor, Hangeland, Kelly, Konchesky; Duff, Greening, Baird Riise; E. Johnson, Elm.

Subs: A. Smith, M. Saunders, Gera, C. Harris, K. Marsh-Brown, Hughes, Zuberbuhler, M. Trotta, C. Marquez, Davies.

11. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EJ got a ton of time in last year's preseason where he seemed pretty clear that he and another striker (Nevland?) developed pretty good chemistry.

Didn't help him then.

12. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for a new thread?

EJ BAF?

Eddie
    Johnson

Back
    At
    Fulham

13. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Pity we lost EJ.
    I wish him the best. He was really good at Aris.:(

14. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Yes it was Nevland who is now back in Norway IIRC.

15. mccscratch

mccscratch Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    50 mins in and Fulham lead 4-0 with Eddie scoring #4 and assisted on #1...should have had another but missed a 1v1

16. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been poor from what I've been hearing/reading.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whhaaaaat???? Waht game is this?

18. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham preseason match against Brentford, a League One side.

19. mccscratch

mccscratch Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Well...poor in his finishing...dont read anything from the twats at the Fulham official "Cottage Corner"...just a bunch of yank haters...

All I know is now 5-0 for Fulham and they never beat teams like that even in the preseasons of past.... Eddie seems to have finishing issues but he still is creating a ton of chances and when you are a countering side like Fulham... he could well find some time this season... he is certainly no worse than David Elm...

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh. Ok. lol. Still not bad though!

21. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, I watched every Fulham game last season

22. mccscratch

mccscratch Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Confused....complete your thought please... I watched every Fulham game last season...and the one before...and the one before...

23. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean David Elm is roughly the equal of EJ in terms of overall quality.

24. NHFootyFan

NHFootyFan Member

May 28, 2007
    Outside Concord NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Going by the Fulham boards (TFI), EJ started, had a goal and an assist and they still think he's crap. Admittedly, this was against League One Brentford and Fulham won 5-0, so they may well have a point.

25. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually listened to the game on the internet (BBC London) and the commentators were less than complimentary about EJ's finishing/decision making.