Eugene Silva -Nuno Bettencourt

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Padroso, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Padroso

Padroso New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    ct
    Guys just saw this on EXTREME"s website,anyone wishing to help see contact below:
    July 22, 2008
    Hello Everybody.
    Nuno here.

Some of you I speak to frequently.
    Some of you I have not spoken to in quite a while.
    Either way I hope that this email finds everyone as happy and healthy as possible in this drama we call life.
    No one ever said it was gonna be easy….And that’s why I am reaching out to you all today.

Basically…I need your help.

A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with Cancer recently.
    His name is Eugene Silva.
    He just turned a young 51 on the 4th of July.
    He is one of the strongest and funniest guys I have ever known.
    Back in the day he was a bullfighter in Acores.
    Those of you who know him… know how much he lights up any room he walks into.
    But unfortunately as we all know… when we need our insurance companies the most… they always find ways to abandon us.
    He is married, has a great 16 year old boy and is struggling with medication and treatment payment and the burden is worse as he cannot make a living for his family.

I know its last minute, but I am organizing a friends and family jam on SUNDAY July 27th. At 6pm. At the Brewery Exchange. 201 Cabot St. in Downtown Lowell MA.
    And all I am asking is that we all… self included donate $20 at the door… or whatever you can give.
    For those of us who know him… it’s not much to ask.
    For everyone else… this favor would be for me…. and I will not forget it…. and will be indebted to you…. anytime ever in the future you need me and my services for similar reasons… I will do my best to help.

And what you will get that evening?
    Just a casual and fun night of catching up…. having some drinks together. Old school.
    And anyone who comes and can play any instrument at all… doorbell included…. I promise will come up and jam… nothing fancy… covers…. unrehearsed…. originals…. Portuguese music etc…
    Everyone plays!!!
    I know Gary, Pat or Figg might be there and possibly some local celebs… and a hell of a lot of Bettencourt’s to fulfill your music needs :). And who knows maybe even a SINFUL song might be played if they turn up hahaha.

I will also auction off 1 or 2 of my guitars… as well as tix for the EXTREME BOA show on July 31st.

So invite your family…and tell your friends…its such short notice so I could really use your word of mouth.

Don’t wanna put anybody on the spot.
    If you can’t make it….no worries.
    But I think it will be fun.

I hope to see you all…
    I know it’s a big ask….but I would’nt ask if it wasn’t really important to me.
    Thanx everyone
    Nuno

Date: Sunday, July 27th, 2008
    Time: 6pm
    Place: The Brewery Exchange
    201 Cabot St.
    Lowell, MA 01854

If you can not attend but would like to make a private donation, please email the following address for details:

benefit@extreme-band.com