Eto’o joins Al Ittihad

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mussab86, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Spinoza99

Spinoza99 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    London, UK
    i like hilal and HATEEE ittihad but this good for saudi league so i happy for that...........

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Didn't Ittihad cook that Chinese club for breakfast? 8-3 on aggregate, and you want them to play the groups? So what about Busan, 7-0 on aggregate, what the hell? And in the final against AlAin it ends 5-3 on aggregate. And you still want them to play against weaker teams? Why don't AlAin bring Eto'o then, they are a richer club, there country is awhole lot richer, so why don't they bring world class players. As the joke in Saudi Arabia goes.." When you look at the bottom of the ACL Cup, you will read in a small font 'Excuse me, reserved for King Of Asia, Ittihad Saudi Arabia'. "

3. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think Saudi64 is right~ what Saudi tries to do is to Found the Strongest league of the world~ with the money they have :D

4. emirate

emirate New Member

Mar 1, 2006
    U.A.E
    i am not good at English but
    eastern teams r weak
    if they had the money they will do the same as ittihad did

i am Alain fan
    and i think the final will be between Alain and ittihad

and the guys who said ittihad should not play in 1/4 finals
    they should look to their groups

Chinese team and Korean team face a Vietnamese team ??
    this is a joke

that why they lose to western team in finals

if the groups where mixed
    so western and eastern meet in the same group
    i don't think any eastern teams will advance

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hey Emirate, are you new. If so, welcome to BigSoccer.

As far as Easterners are concerned, yes, having Vietnamese, Thailander, and Indonesian clubs brings down the level of the competition. In fact, I think two Thailander and two Indonesian clubs have been banned for not completing a basic stuff. At the same time we also have Group E, which consists of a Chinese, Japanese, and a Korean club is very though to advance from.

But we have been informed that JFA President was appointed as the head of committee that will improve ACL in next two years or so. We should see changes such as qualification games, increase in numbers of clubs from stronger leagues, etc., in upcoming years. So just wait.

6. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Absolutely stunning.

Ittihad must have bent over backwards to get this guy. I understand his decision though. Who wouldn't take a loan move if they were offered overwhelming riches that not even an enormous club like FCB could offer.

Thumbs up for Eto'o. One thing for sure is, the AFC CL is going to be fun to watch. Gonna be ********ing hilarious watching him play against sub-level AFC clubs. Gonna be a riot. :D

7. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    Exactly, the format rly sux, they shd also make the final 1 match not 2 legs, that takes the excitement out of the game...

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Too bad, if he actually plays Ittihad will pay nothing for him. Watch and see.

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lets say AlAin - Ittihad play the final, where should the neutral game be played? There will be probably no fans other than some few fans from both clubs, so two legs is profitable for the AFC.

10. saqr

saqr New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Edinburgh-Scotland
    c'mon guys
    1) Oil doesn't have anything to do with Itti
    2) It's not all about the money. good nigotiation skills have a major rule in Ittihads success in the last few years.

and about Eto'o. sure I'd like to see him play with Itti. but that doesn't mean he's gonna be the only one in the team. look at the games Itti played in the Club World Championship. the first game against Al-Ahli of Egypt, who scored?
    Mohammad Noor (a saudi player and an Itti school graduate). again, against SPFC who scored? Noor and Al-Montashari (both saudis). Kallon and Job did a good job in the tournament but what they did doesn't even compare to what Noor did.

So no more talking about Oil money or foreign players as if they were the reason of Itti's success. I mean this only shows ignorance.