Eto’o joins Al Ittihad

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mussab86, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And I'm also a Ittihad fan and I spread the news over for some Brazilian fans who made this face : :eek:

Lol.Fantastic move I think,but I prefer to see him playing with my own eyes.

2. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, Egyptians would say A7777777AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    This is freekin nuts, but I love it as its good for Arab soccer.

3. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    He'll be back around December? The spanish league and the Champions Lrague would already be under way.

I highly doubt Barca would let something like this happen. As well as the football authorities and federations (LFP, FIFA, Saudi federation)

It's gotta be a joke.

4. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    From AFC own website, but still I think it`s a joke ! Why dont other football websites publish this? It was on AFC website yesterday !

Not even mentioned on Barcelona website....

6. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Would let something like this happen? Players are loaned all the time... I cannot believe the reaction of some people here. The soccer world does not revolve around your ************ little European leagues like EPL and La Liga.

Probably because he doesn't actually leave the club for 4-5 months, so they will probably have a story when it gets closer to his time to leave.

7. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I see both good and bad things about this signing, if you know what I mean.;)

8. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was taling to my two Saudi friends yesterday...one is a Hilal supporter and the other is an Ittihad supporter. Both told me that Et'o is not signing for Al-Ittihad...and all those pics of Et,o with the Ittihad scarf was taken when he was opening some kind of football school (I think) in K.S.A.

9. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    In that case I'm quite sceptical...

Last year the transfer of Mexico's Javier Borgetti was also announced as a done deal.

10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Dude. you just talked to 2 friends, and now not signing? :rolleyes:

11. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    Who cares.

It doesn't matter if they have all this money.

The Onus is on the east asian clubs particularitly the j.league clubs caring.

and for the JFA to see this and change some rules.

I hope to god this starts some kind of spark in the other leagues to knock off Al-Ittihad at all costs.

I'm starting the Anti Al-Ittihad coalition.

12. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    is this Jealousy? :(

13. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    It's sarcasm.

and it's seething out.

not really though

It's just stupid when the j.league selects the winners from 2 years ago to represent this year's competition

14. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With you all the way.

15. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    Barca are loaning him out during the WC people.

Relax.

16. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How stupid. The WC is during June and July, and no official football torunaments can be played at that time.

17. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Jealousy, unbeliavable stuff. Shouldn't you be happy that a world class player is coming to Asia? That finally there is an Asian club that can be called 'world class'. Face it people, Saudi clubs are too tough for you, you better concentrate on learning how to play from Ittihad. All world class clubs loan big stars, and try to do that. Why don't you call that a big joke? Why don't you call them silly? Of course not, but Ittihad or any other Saudi club of course yes, when they try to improve there team, they are a big joke. And those who said he is only opening a soccer academy, Ittihad will open up a Ittihad academy for youth in Cameroon, and the top players from the academy will play for Ittihad later on, or by sold to European clubs. Also a couple of hundred thousand dollars, he will be playing for Ittihad for 3 months, Asian Cup and the Saudi League. Ittihad is now gonna try to win the CWC, not the ACL!

18. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Im joining Anti - Al itahid with you they suck to the degree they dont trust there own players and then begg barca to loan them Etoo and KaKa.

19. castel

castel New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Aberdeen
    this is DEFINITELY a fake, because anyone with any knowledge of European football knows Barca would not let a top player leave to play in a crappy league for half the season, then welcome him back at xmas, probably out of shape and touch - dont even try to convince people of that!

if you had said he was signed for like 10 days or such then i wouldve believed you - heaps of top euro clubs were approached last year for 10 day loans of their star players to play in a competition for a saudi team i think - i remember milan were reoutedly offerred 5mil for kaka anyway...

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Haha, look whos talking, a Qatari, at least we bring players in there top form, not players who are about to retire! I can't believe all the anti-ittihad in this topic, pretty normal, who can blame them hating a team that blasted there way through the ACL twice, thrashing and teaching them lessons.

21. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, if you are jealous dont bring it here. Itti just got a world class player and you all as Asians should be happy that a player the big at the hight of his game is coming to Asia. Dont personally attack each other anymore and stop this Anti-Itti garbage, Rivalries doesnt exist anymore.

22. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    so if ur team is that strong why AFC don't modify the rules like in UEFA where the champions league is not automaticly qualify for the stage round except if they r on top 2 or 3 of them domestic league. AFC should stop this joke of the winner waiting until 1/4 finals. the winner should play the groupe stage like that its will be more equal, coz like that the champion can be pushed off in group stage and not prepare the 1/4 finals 3 or 4 month before

23. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    for that even a taiwan football club can do it if they get petrol and an unlimited account at the bank

24. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    they are the richest club in the world,they have enough Money~ they could do everything they want ~ That's nothing strange~