ETA on Ruiz return?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by KingsRule89, Apr 20, 2008.

1. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Anyone have any info or idea on how much longer it'll be till we see him suit up again.?

2. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe we heard on the post-game radio show last night that he might be back in a couple weeks.

3. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He had some sort of new special surgery and they said 6 weeks...so in the next couple of weeks I would guess.

4. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poached this from one of my other posts related to Ruiz:

I guess that "experimental surgery" that female announcer was talking about last week is working to speed up Ruiz's recovery. I think she said it was Plasmapheresis, a medical process where the plasma and blood cells that make up human blood are seperated from one another, then placed back into the body. You normally see this done in scientific labs where researchers use centrifuges (the spinning thing) where blood is placed inside vials and the spinning motions acts to seperate the cells and plasma. The "blood" is returned to the body immediately, while the plasma, which contains all the antibodies, is modified and returned to the system later.

Props to the Galaxy's medical team.

5. Namrog The Just

Namrog The Just Member+

L.A. Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 2, 2007
    Baltimore County, Maryland
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually saw him last night.

He had just walked out of the galaxy suite and headed over to talk to a few friends nearby. So I ran up to him and said "Dude! Oh my God! It's like totally you! You look taller on TV. Who are these clowns? Drop the losers and hang with me. You want a beer?" I sort of retched up a little puke while I was saying it, so I think that was not so nice for him. Then one of his friends punched me in the stomach and the rest of it came up, after which I slipped on it and cracked my head on the concrete. I don't remember much after that.

Seriously though, he seemed to be walking without a limp that I could discern. I would like to think he's progressing well based on that, but of course walking 10 yards is a bit different than running for 90 minutes.

6. Samminish

Samminish New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    The on-field folks said on Saturday that Pescadito thinks he could play in the Clasico .. ..

But what the med staff thinks is another thing .. ..

Either way, it certainly appears that he will be back sooner, rather than later thanks to the alien-surgery from beyond that Julie described the other week .. ..

As everybody else has said, he certainly looks good, so .. ..

:D
    BIG PROPS TO THE LAG MEDICAL STAFF:D
    (or whomever forced Pescadito to try the new surgery!)

7. NeoFusion

NeoFusion New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    They can rebuild him. They have the technology. Carlos Ruiz could be our second six million dollar man! :D

8. ManUnitedForever

ManUnitedForever New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    based on team reports, Ruiz will be back to scoring goals in mid May.:)

9. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He was created by Man.
    He Rebelled.
    He Evolved.
    He Looks
    And Feels
    Human.
    He is programmed to think he is Human.
    There are many copies.
    And he has a Plan.

10. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
  11. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure he wants to be back in action pretty badly. If he's watching the games, he's got to be watching Gordon and going "Put the ball in the net, you club-footed nunce!" All those great passes going to waste.

He needs to make sure he's ready to go, though. Don't need another situation like Beckham last year where he's playing hurt, and getting re-injured. Get it healed up right, then come back.

12. Glaven

Glaven Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i heard he got metal legs:eek:

13. russ bolshevik

russ bolshevik Red Card

Sep 30, 2004
    midnight in moscow

this is him before his hollywood makeover.
    [​IMG]
    they fixed those limpy wrists as well. :)

14. eliasj928

eliasj928 New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    ]I think he needs to wait until his 100%. We need him but we need him health....[/B]

15. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy Injury Report
    OUT - Charles Alamo (R-Knee Surgery), Ante Jazic (R-Ankle Surgery); Carlos Ruiz (R-Knee Surgery)
    DOUBTFUL - Alvaro Pires (L-Knee)
    QUESTIONABLE - Ely Allen (R-Hamstring)
    PROBABLE - None
    Jazic will start to do some light, non-contact drills with the team while also continuing his fitness regiment. Ruiz continues to progress on schedule and will increase the intensity of his running and fitness rehabilitation this week while Alamo will continue his rehab work. Allen and Pires will each be monitored throughout the week to check to see how they are recovering from their injuries and could be available for selection on Saturday.

May be this help from Galaxy.com

16. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so any new updates on el pescadito....???and what about the cubanos?

17. howie1976

howie1976 Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Galaxy Nation
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't have any news on Ruiz's status....as for the Cubanos, they were on trail with Chivas USA this week after we let them go. According to the reporters over at sidelines views, Galindo is trying to see if he can get them trials over at his old team the Seattle Sounders.

18. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We have Ruiz!?!?!?!?!

Who cares. Donovan is getting it done on his own.

19. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruiz seems to be on the last legs (pun intended) of his treatment and therapy - he'll be coming back on soon enough. I remember people mentioning seeing him walk around at the last game with Houston so hopefully, he'll be back at 100% and ready to play soon.

As for the Cubans' situation, I really hope they find good teams soon - imagine running away from your homeland for the sake of chasing a dream, being in a strange and foreign country, not being able to take such luxuries as plane rides because you don't have any legal papers...on and on. From comments on the Chivas' board, it seems Preki also gave them the pass - Galindo came through and they were last heard heading over to Seattle for tryouts.

I can imagine them playing for either the Sounders, the Vancouver Whitecaps, or the Portland Timbers. Considering that Seattle is coming into the MLS next season and the Galaxy have excellent public relations with the Whitecaps and the Timbers, after they get some good practice in on a USL side, perhaps they can come back to the Galaxy, Chivas, San Jose, or even as part of the first ever Seattle MLS team.

20. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok cool thanks guys for the info...wow I must have been in a cave or something because I didn't know we let go of the cubans...and yea like you said hopefully they can find something on the usl side...heck maybe they can even come down to texas haha

21. soccerfan91

soccerfan91 New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    Hello,

when do you think, Ruiz?

What would have for you the formation look like if he again?

Thank you

22. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

is this for your fifa 08 lineup?

23. soccerfan91

soccerfan91 New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    No, this is for the real Galaxy formation!

24. ManUnitedForever

ManUnitedForever New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Mid-May is payday for the Fish. That will be 6 weeks since the injury. He's gonna be pissed off like LD has been lately and play out-of-his-mind. Also, can't wait until the Colorado match; that bitc* who purposely hurt Ruiz is gonna get an earful from the fans.:mad:

25. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Ruiz must be frothing at the mouth to get in there and score some goals after watching LD score so damn many