Estudiantes de la plata (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by AtNacional, Jan 30, 2003.

1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    they could've bought him after CL but decided not to, thats what they get!

2. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    incredible goal from veron just now...:mad:

3. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Erviti gives the lead back to El Taladro. :)

4. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    own goal from veron. ambrosi hit a cross and veron knocked it into his own net... he was under no pressure at all

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2-0 central gol de Castillejos. really hurts boca's chances for the copa even more than they were. obviously hurts estudiantes chances of winning the tournament, unless they can come back here.

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    2 own goals by idols Veron and Alayes (returning after months injured) ...

The clasico with Newells will be smokin'!!!

7. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmm i don't think it'd make much difference that kind of draw for Estudiantes, because in a way or another i think they can beat any of those 3 teams, however i still think that they should address their main weakness which in my opinion is the central defenders, Estudiantes, in my opinion, is lacking that as of now.

On other topic Estudiantes' related. As you may know so far this season Estudiantes only featured a new third shirt(the gold one) but no home or away shirt yet, well as you may have guessed by now they will feature them before the Club's World Cup, but even then the third shirt could suffer slight modifications, there's the issue of shirt sponsorship, i am not talking about Topper here but RCA. Estudiantes has a sponsorship deal with RCA, but it's only for the league... Well the matter is that Fly Emirates could be the shirt sponsor of Estudiantes, apparently they're also interested on Estudiantes' coming stadium. Regarding the changes on the third shirt, it'd be minor, because currently it has RCA both in the front and the back, the ad on the back would dissappear, probably changing the front one with Fly Emirates, following CWC's dressing rules(Which are the same used in the UEFA and AFC Champions Leagues, maybe CONMEBOL could do that for the Libertadores).

9. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea estudiantes can clearly beat any of the three teams, but it just makes it easier. i mean a team from north korea or a team from mexico? not much debate there. hasn't it been a CONMEBOL team vs a UEFA team every year? I know FIFA loves to get everyone involved but it will be status quo again this time around.

i think the old intercontinental cup was a better competition because it made the europeans go to south america, something they hardly ever do any more.

10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It looks like they're leaving pretty early for the UAE. Good luck to them.

This would be an amazing culmination to the past 2 years, where they barely qualified for the Lib Cup, then came from the preliminary round all the way to the final, to come from behind to beat a team that did better than them in the Group Stage. On the road. Unbelievable. The ultimate glory of a world championship would be very fitting.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think this adds more legitimacy to the idea of the "World Champion" something that the old Intercontinental Cup failed to do, and remember that since the 80's until it's defunction this decade it was played in Japan. Though it's true there's certain status quo kept by FIFA of letting the south american and the european side having a bye to the semi-final, but i guess that's fine.

On an off-Estudiantes topic, going back to the shirt thing, maybe we should make a fashion thread like they do in other countries' forums.

12. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea i know it was in japan. although i wasn't alive back in the '60 and '70s, it is fascinating to hear and read about the old intercontinental cup. i think it would add to the spectacle if barcelona had to come down and play in la plata.

or even better seeing an english team playing in la bombonera or your new estadio libertadores de america. it would be great to see the europeans in the maracana or in the altitude of quito or something too.

i know the current format adds to the idea of being club world champion, but i'd just like to see those euro teams, especially the english, get beat in south america, where they would have no chance :D

i do agree, we could have a fashion thread though for clubs in this forum

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not an Estudiantes fan but it would be awesome to see them win. However, with their defense, it will be tough to beat Barcelona.

14. The Antigua Ganja redded

Oct 13, 2009
    Club:
    Estudiantes De La Plata
    I don't know about anyone else here but in La Plata a nadie le importa esta cosita llamada "mundial de clubes"

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  16. The Antigua Ganja redded

Oct 13, 2009
    Club:
    Estudiantes De La Plata
  17. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I started a WR thread if you wanna argue there

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    refuerzos para el 2010?

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So far only Orión and Sosa, but it doesn't look like they're in a hurry to get more players, they should get some centrebacks in my opinion.

20. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Salgueiro parece estar en los intereses de Liga y existen ya convercaciones. ALguien tiene algun detalle de esto. Cuan tangible es la posibilidad

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like there's a fat chance for that to happening, for Sabella he isn't a starter and they're looking for another forward. Estudiantes is looking for either Hauché, Larrivey or Gastón Fernández, the latter less likely.

It's possible they'll also look for a centre midfielder, Braña got injured and Matías Sanchez has appendicitis, the only name for now is Martín Wagner.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I heard they might get La Gata on loan.

23. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Estudiantes leading Arsenal 1-0. Goal from Carrusca, set up by Clemente who has been very active. Boselli has had a few chances, rounded the keeper but had his shot cleared off the ling and had a few long range shots that were easy saves. Veron has had some decent touches but has been pretty wasteful on free kicks. For Arsenal, Jara has looked good after his game winning goal for la seleccion wednesday, but Orion has had a couple good saves in his debut for Estudiantes

24. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    3-0 at the end.