Estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by psveindhoven, Dec 11, 2009.

1. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Who has pictures of Estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel?

http://www.stadiumzone.net

has some, who got more? I heard it will be a soccer specific stadium, is that true? Should look even better! :cool:
    What will be the capacity?

2. mednus

mednus New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Ontario
    It,s not hard to find pics of the stadium google it!

question for those who are in the know?

Has there been any more talk of renovation of the stadium? if I remember correctly there was some studies or such being done last year?

Thanks

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    i work for the municipality at the projects and design department and as of now there is no plans to remodel it any time soon, they are planning and putting solar panels on it early next year.

4. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Nice. That will save some money.

5. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

12,993 record crowd at Juan Ramón Loubriel - August 4, 2010

Islanders vs Los Angeles Galaxy
    CONCACAF Champions League - Preliminary Round

PRI 1-2 Galaxy

Islanders advance 5-3 aggregate

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Interesting news coming out of Bayamon today. A local newspaper reporter informed that a press realeses was issued today by the city about stadium expansion, through his blog.

"En comunicado de prensa acabado de enviar, el Municipio de Bayamón informó que "el estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel, hogar del Puerto Rico Islanders, será remodelado a un costo de $7 millones y sus trabajos estarían finalizados para el 2013"

Más del comunicado: Se indicó además que se colocará un sistema de drenaje nuevo y el terreno será remodelado en su totalidad utilizando una nueva tecnología láser, que ayudará a la perfección del mismo. Rivera Cruz señaló que sostendrá a tales efectos una reunión con el diseñador original del estadio el arquitecto Tomás Marvel.
    “Lo hemos contratado para que nos diseñe la expansión del estadio que sería hacia el lado este, esto redundaría en un aumento en la capacidad del estadio a unas 8,000 butacas adicionales”.
    El propuesto recinto tendría un área conocida como el “Sky Box” que se conectaría por la entrada original del estadio explicó el alcalde.
    “Existe la posibilidad además de que se haga el famoso túnel para los jugadores. Nuestras idea es que se cree una plazoleta donde se pueda ver el Tren Urbano pasar y un área con una gran terraza. Algo parecido al “Centro Field” del estadio de Atlanta”, apostilló.

Podríamos estar rondando los $7 millones y se haría por etapas. Cuando finalice la temporada se trabajaría el terreno, porque las mejoras afuera no afectarán el terreno. Cuando llegue la próxima temporada, si estuviéramos trabajando en las nuevas áreas de gradas, se podrá seguir usando el resto del estadio. Calculo que los arreglos durarán dos años
    "

Translation:

"In a press release which has just been put out, the Municipality of Bayamon is informing that the Juan Ramon Loubriel Stadium, home of the Puerto Rico Islanders, will undergo remodeling of around $7 million dollars and it will be finalized in 2013.

It informs that a new drainages system will be installed and the playing field will be completely remodeled using a new laser technology, that will help in achieving a perfect playing surface. Rivera Cruz informed that he will be holding meeting with the original stadium architect Tomás Marvel, to that effect.

"We have hired him so that he could design the expansion for us which would be on the east side, this would add around 8,000 more seats."
    The proposed addition would have a area known as "Sky Box" that would connect to the stadiums original entrance, the mayor informed.
    "There is also the possibility to create the famous tunnel for the players. Out Idea is that there should also be a small plaza where you can see the subway pass by and with a grand terrace. Something similar to "Center Field" in Atlanta Braves stadium.

The project would be costing around $7 million and it would be done in faces. When this season is over we will work on the field, because the remodeling outside will not effect the field. When the next season starts we will begin working on the new stands and the rest of the stadium can still be used. All this should take use two years.

The expansion should bring the stadium capacity to around 19k~20k. Also I don't really know which Atlanta stadium he is referring to, I put the braves because usually when somebody in PR refers to something sports related its baseball. The reporter is sports writer Esteban Pagan of the primera hora news paper.

7. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Well this is interesting. Great news, but why do they want to expand to 20k seats when the attendance is around 3k?

There is something fishy going around here.

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Currently they already changed all the seats and left some areas with out seats behind the goal. They also put in what look to be either temporary drainage or what could be the first face of the future drainage.

9. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Good times ahead...

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Here the news report

11. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    So yeah...

12. pozinho

pozinho Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Madrid
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  13. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    The M in MLS stands for M-O-N-E-Y

Garber only wants megabillionaires to be part of his select club

14. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    supposedly The PRI prez has some good contacts that could have the money needed.

15. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like an interesting renovation plan. I'm really curious to see some actual design pictures of what it will look like when fully finished. Would be nice to see them try and get into MLS. Would bring some real latin american flair to MLS

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    and I bet that at least 99% of MLS players would love the road trip to la isla del encanto

17. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone know if the Islanders are using the WCQ match against Canada in their home stadium as a great opportunity to promote the Islanders matches for the remainder of the season? I'll be curious to see the attendance for the national team compared to Islanders matches. Is the Islanders sinking attendance simply a matter of economics for the average person in Puerto Rico?

18. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/Schedule/0,,12813,00.html

According to CONCACAF, they drew 4,000.

19. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recently spoke with an economist from Puerto Rico. She said the local economy began contracting in 2006, nearly two years before the recession. The economy has not recovered since then. She felt people's discretionary spending was decreasing and that was affecting attendance at all sporting events. I don't know about volleyball, baseball or other sports, but I know it has the Islanders. Hopefully, things will pick up in the playoffs.

20. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    I could not care less about baseball, but I believe the PR baseball league had some serious problems a few years ago

21. pozinho

pozinho Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Madrid
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  22. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering since we have the same set-up:

[​IMG]

Can the new expanded PR stadium fit here? Since we have water on the east-side?

[​IMG]

24. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's something wrong on the model: they seems to utilize more space than it is available, and some parts of the stands are too close to the pitch. Anyway, it's just a preliminary model, so, who know...

25. pozinho

pozinho Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Madrid
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The upper photo is not JRL, is Rowdies stadium, in Tampa Bay