ESPN Strikes Deals for Unprecedented Multiplatform Cricket Coverage in the U.S. through 2015

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by JJ Mindset, Mar 23, 2011.

1. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
  2. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Bariaga

Bariaga Member

Jul 9, 2008
    And that (plus the T20 World Cups also being on close to that time slot) could be the blessing in disguise and reason ESPN went for this deal. They probably figured they don't have much to lose showing some of the games on ESPN2 (although it mostly mentions ESPN3.com you can bet some will also be on TV) in early to late morning which is a good time to broadcast to a niche but dedicated audience. The scheduling don't clash with their major programming that are usually on later in the day. The ratings will also likely be a little higher than what they now get with filler programs during that period. They get to build/grow an audience slowly without being seen as suddenly jamming it down everyone's throats, and we get to watch it on free internet/TV; win-win for everyone.

4. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I have been watching all the games of the current Cricket World Cup on Willow TV, for which I paid $129 for 6 weeks of cricket.

I would welcome it if the next World Cup is on ESPN.

5. tvchaska

tvchaska New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    India
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Watch ICC Champions Trophy 2017 1st Semifinal Crictime Pakistan vs England
    at Cardiff, TBD 14 June 2017