ESPN NHL2k4

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ellison, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    The best hockey game ever, I recommend it.

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    this is the one with the all-star skills mode right? how are the controls compared to the king (NHL series)??

3. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    the king? ha ha ha .... if EA NHL is the king, the king has been dead for years. EA NHL has sucked for some time now, thanks to Sega for making a playable hockey game for the last two years.

Controls are nice and simple, flexible but straight forward. You have the option to choose three different controller schemes. Each more complicated than the next to provide more moves and variations on gameplay. I choose the simple classic because that really is enough.

Haven't played an All-Star competition yet, just playing regular season and playoffs.

4. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    how the fook do you score in this game!?!?!? I can't score more thatn once in a game

5. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    really? what level are you on? Get the goalie moving side to side, try to get passes into/across the slot. Big shots from the point and use the deflection button as well.

6. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree it is a better hockey game and is also hard to score. You have to use misdirection, two-on-ones, screens, etc. In other words, it's more like hockey.

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if a person who is playing NHL 2K4 is not a hockey fan, go to EB, sell the game, and buy NHL 2004. That will make you feel better. Thats one reason why i didnt buy NHL 2004, breakaways are a sinch and hockey stratedgy is hard to do. In 2k4, you can actually play the boards, and the defense plays realistic. Rookie is very easy though, even when i simulate it. I love the All star skills comp tho.

8. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have u played NHL 2004?