ESPN News, Who will be new #1 in LA?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by dcrpoop, Jan 30, 2004.

1. dcrpoop

dcrpoop BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 15, 2000
    Hell'sKitchen is my
    With Kiro coming to LA how will Zigi play the two? Clearly Ruiz will not be the only option up front, lets see how well they play together.

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you'll find that most people in this forum don't really care about the details as long the Galaxy take it up the poop chute every week.

Moving this thread to a forum where people might care about the details.

3. United20

United20 Member

Feb 26, 2001
    New York City
    Ruiz is on his way out to bigger pastures. How LA got Jovan and not the Crew who had an allocation is typical MLS crap. Plus, Carlos sees how much he makes versus the rest of the league is going to give him even more motivation to get out of LA & MLS. This is Ruiz last year in MLS, and getting Jovan is not worth much.

4. virgin pose

virgin pose New Member

May 5, 2003
    kentucky
    Jovan will turn out to be a major coup for the Galaxy. First team soccer is all he needs and he'll finally get that week in and week out with MLS. He can shoot from deep and that is what the league needs. He is back at home in LA, and is obviously coming home to try and earn a spot on the 06 WC team. He is motivated and I expect him to flourish in MLS, with or w/o Ruiz.

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF it happens...

As of Saturday morning:

No confirmation from LAG

Nothing in LA Times (although the Herzog thing looks like its going to happen)

6. GalaxyIntl

GalaxyIntl New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think players leaving for europe will be good for american soccer in the long haul. Sure, it looks lie MLS has lost now. But as players succeed in europe coming straight from MLS, people will begin to realize that MLS is a good league....and more importantly getting better. This means that more players, US born and foreign, will look to MLS for many different types of opportunities. As time passes and MLS makes some money, salary will gp up, making the league an even more attractive option.

7. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, no.

As poop mentioned, this will just mean he is not the only option we'll have now. He was the ONLY option last year, but now with the newbies and Jovan (hopefully- and I mean that, I'm looking forward to this), we'll have some sort of attack now instead of Kobe/Ruiz combos. . . .

But Ruiz on his way out? I wouldn't get too excited

8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA Times today mentions the story having appeared on the ESPN web site. Still no confirmation from MLS or LAG.

Maybe they were holding up a press release so it didn't get lost in the Superbowl hype?

9. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Could it be because Andrulis doesn't want a 27 year old forward who never performed up to expectations and is on his way down. There is a reason he's a career reserve player. Why go after Kirovski when the Crew are going after Testo, a 23 year old Forward on his way up and waste an allocation on Kirovski?

As a Crew fan, even I know it's not favortism. It's the Crew passing on an iffy career reserve player, maybe for the first time in the Crew's entire existance. Maybe their learning.

10. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Referring to the thread topic, Popik wore #1 last season and it doesn't look like Sigi is looking for a new back up for Hartman so there won't be a new #1 in LA.

11. KAESO

KAESO New Member

Nov 5, 2000
    San Gabriel Valley
    Ha ha ha !!!!!