News: ESPN: Interim Coach to be Named this Weekend

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Susaeta, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Right, but you can run a couple Nats friendlies and a Camp Cupcake from StubHub. Maybe good for making connections.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That is one interpretation.
    I tend to lean towards the opposite.

Statman and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigi has enough....on his plate(I crack myself up)....trying to reboot the worst team in MLS.

juveeer repped this.
  4. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Exactly

Make Tab the interim, and if he beats Portugal the suits would be tempted to make him the full time coach. Sarachan doesn't present that problem

5. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Oh God, what if he does beat Portugal, though? USSF might just be crazy enough.... :eek:

6. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody will care if we win or lose this friendly, including Portugal.

Editor In Chimp repped this.
  7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What difference will it make with the present culture - and Sunil - in place?

the human element here is that even a guy like Martino is going to do what the "country" wants and the country is Sunil and Garber and MLS Owners.

I see more hope for Ramos going into this next stage of US Soccer. It's a long ways to 2022.

8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yet, Pauvonic made one of the dumbest moves of the 2017 MLS season tonite when he decided to go with 1 cb at the 70' mark down 2-0, just minutes after subbing Schweinsteiger on for Mihailovich. The 2 subs were Alvarez and Arshavan. One is a ball loser and the other is a nobody. Red Bulls immediately scored to make it 3-0, off a Dax McCarty brain fart.

One thing I liked about the U20's Tab coached was the great attitude of the players. He also smelled out Acosta as a failure and Sargent as somebody who could play with u20's and Adams as somebody who couldn't defend in cmid..

I liked the way the u17's played and feel like Tab had some input there. We lost to England who just polished off Brazil!! to reach finals against Spain. I was encouraged to see we played a little more like Spain - who dispatched Mali - than England. England plays a kind of perfect soccer while Spain is imperfectly brilliant. I look forward to that final. Consider this: Sargent was a lot better with U20's coached by Ramos than with U17's coached by Hackworth.