ESPN/Futbol Picante VI [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    He's pretty good, i like that he jumps in alot and keeps rafa puente's geezer opinions to a minimum.

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Impact on who though?

I just don't see the newspapers and radio stations having as much impact as they once did. I'm not too sure on television shows but I am sure they will soon be on their way out as well. There was a time when we looked to the ESTO's and Record's for the latest news and opinions.

That has all changed. In 2003 I covered my first event (Gold Cup) and along with Mediotiempo was the only other web-outlet. I was covering the tourney for Soccer Age at the time (They are now Goal.com) and I felt like I was at the bottom of the food chain. Some of the other journo's even seemed surprised. Anyways, now it's the other way around with the internets being the main outlet for news.

Who give's a sh'te what Jose Mamon says when you can read the players, coaches, opinions via twitter. To answer my own question; i'm guessing it's the old timers still watching Spicy Soccer and reading Record. All the footy info we need is already stored on our smart phones and we can switch to watching pictures of cat's riding invisible bikes if we get bored.

Zero f'cks were given on my part. My best guess is that after the 2014 WC there will be a different outlook (regardless of the Tricolors results) as to the impact that radio, newspaper, and even tv shows have on the national team. There should be a whole new generation of fans most of which will not have an idea who Jose Mamon is.

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    First off on what do you base that television shows are on their way out? People still watch tv shows constantly. New shows keep popping up all the time? I also don't see how the media is done in mexico. Newspapers still sell and I also think you're overestimating the end of media but regardless how can you say there is no impact? The whole Monterrey scandal was created by Record and the media. It was a private party that nobody would have know if it wasn't for them. Same thing with stuff like the Corona suspension or the Maza thing. Stuff like that has an impact regardless whether you watch or not.

4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I am talking about Football shows like Spicy Soccer and Jorge Ramos y su Banda to name a few. My basis is on technology and how it changes the way we do/view things. I used to listen to Ramos back in the Radio Unica days and aside from calling one could fax them questions. Now, you can just text them stuff from your phone whilst their show is live.

Even the way we watch replay's has changed; going from a VHS recording that couldn't be rewinded at the moment, to watching the sports news, to having goals being shown minutes later via Youtube. We can now even make angifs of our favourite goals. With new technology like Google glass I can forsee a future where players can be wearing Google contacts and the goals/saves get recorded and uploaded online pov style as they happen.

What is really left of said footy shows but TMZ chismes. That is all they have become now. Any information, tactical, historical, biographical, can easily be looked up online. That and we can get quality opinions in forums or via twitter where it's even possible to interact with journalist or players. So, I do question the demographics of people watching football shows and I would be surprised if they have a young crowd. Any kids that are around 15yrs old should Not be attracted to these type of shows.

I doubt they are selling as much as they once used to. I would buy ESTO the day after a big match because I like how they would show tactical breakdows of how the goals were scored and have opinions from the rivals coach/players. I would pay $3.00 since it was brought same day from Tijuana. Theres no need for that now, I get all that information within seconds. And I agree the meadia still has an impact but once based on scandals. It's no longer an outlet for knowledge.

This is the only way these newsources survive. My best guess is that newer generation of fans will not care about some of these "scandals" as the influx of information will be on overload. Still, we have the old guard on board; heading the FMF and these rags but once they get replaced; when the Jose Mamon's are out then it will be a whole new ball game..

5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^^Good post VS. Although, with the advent of tech like google glasses and other technologies (sixth sense etc), the farandula will grow not collapse I believe. Since, now the chisme can be seen from 1 million other perspectives. (Here is la seleccion and the sluts from the hot dog vendor's perspective. Here is Vela with Salcido's tranny. etc)

6. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Show's like Tribuna on Fox who chose to touch on the scandals but ultimately focused on the footie are no longer on the air......Picante was cool....then in turned into Futbol TMZ.....La Ultima Palabra is getting there...sort of....they got that piece of ass that keeps me hooked.

7. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gato Vargas was fired from La Ultima Palabra, and he seems super butthurt about it. A couple of weeks ago he went on a mini rant on twitter against the channel directors, calling them "sudacas" and other stuff. He also seems to have something against Ruso.

elvasco repped this.
  8. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    :eek: gonna check dat.:thumbsup:

9. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL elvasco

Now imagine if you could get the google glasses perspectives of all the going-ons. Arguments, chairs thrown, hair pulled, bras torn and faldas ripped off.

10. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Oh wow dat salt from el tal gato vargas dude went all Carlos Albert on poor Brailovsky.:ROFLMAO:

CyberAce100 repped this.
  11. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América

This guy is annoying as hell tying in all caps.

CyberAce100 and Phenom repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    If your basis is just what you do, you're going to get wrong data. First off Mexico isn't the US, so saying that chisme is all they have isn't at all a problem to selling. Chismes sell like crazy in Mexico. Second I don't get at all why kids and others aren't atrracted to tv shows. If anything with all the internet and stuff they are more tv shows about Mexican football now than ever. And they all have Joserra remnants in them. Now they are channels everywhere and the majority of young people are influenced by the Joserra school. Look at TVC, shows at TDN , etc. Eurosnobbery in Mexican youths is even bigger imo. To me the best example is Ahi Va el Agua. That show is the mexican youth show with 3 really young persons who had no true foothold in the mexican viewership before. It has super smoking Elba Jimenez in there but she's a total idiot and always claps to Albert, Joserra and the others as true sportcasters. And she's a total malinchista moron. The other guy is also pretty harsh. Most youth caster like De la Rosa and the rest are the same. It's all the school of Joserra of lambasting everything Mexican. Have you even seen any Mediotiempo users? Televisoras being blamed for everything, National and every Mexican achievement being dismissed, almost EVERY Joserra line of bullshit is being actively preached by young and olds in there. You're wrong that Joserra has no weight in the youth.

13. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    The thing about Joserra is that he's still living in the 80's. He still feels like a young crusader against the evil Televisa and is doing the job of enlightening us all who are dumb and idiotized into believing Mexico will be World Champs.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It still works though. I doubt most comments are of older people on the net and yet there almost isn't a single debate in the comments section of any news that isn't filled with "Las Televisoras... " as the culprit of everything. The hypocrite has actually landed people to change it from Televisa to Las Televisoras when he used to work for one.

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I was just using what I do as an example. Overall, I feel that technology changes the way we do things. I remember having to pay Close Circuit to watch Copa America games and listen to a macth on the radio (old school) because the games weren't available in my area. So back then watching a footy show was awesome because you saw match highlights and had commentary from the panelist that got to see the game.

I should have been specific. I live in the U.S and was refering to the BSMX users that live here and watch Spicy Soccer. I forget that the channel is readily available in Mexico. However, I will assume that TV Azteca and Televisa have a stronghold on footy viewership.

My take is that everything is becoming more interactive and at the moment. People now tweet whilst watching a game or show. I would say the people still wanting to talk about a match after it is over, especially a day after, are the hard core fans. And even then a tv show is not necessary as goal replays (and this used to be a big thing) are readily available minutes after they happen. Which is why I maintain that the only point of interest these shows have are rumors and chismes.

This is truly sad to know.. It is as if the fans became retarded despite all the information that is easily available. As a youngster I bought a History of the World Cup book. Kids now can get that information very easily online and even watch historic games.

I tried reading their forums and much like the Univision boards I found them to be a troll lair. I guess i'm just having a difficult time understanding why people waste their time listening to what Jossera has to say. I can understand his word being gold back in the days because he had access to information that was not easily obtainable. Much has changed now, we are seeing things as they happen.

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

speaking of fat Albert, That guy was introduced a long time ago and was only on a couple of shows and has been MIA. I guess all the fans complained!!

good.

17. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Rafa Puente use to be a cool dude.

pre game Mex-Hon

he said we had no chance to win.

fack espn.

18. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    crater face defending mexico :eek:

19. Gucci

Gucci BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the guy i cant stand is jose ramon fernandez, what a tool, huerta is like his puppet...

20. verdirame86

verdirame86 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    el faitelson cuando defiende a mexico es solo para generar polemica, no nos vayamos con la finta, ese wey siempre anda diciendo mier..a en contra de mexico, es igual que joserra en ese aspecto

21. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    Yo la verdad le cambio o le adelanto a la TV cuando habla faitelson

22. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    remember when Cuau sucker punched Fatelson? :ROFLMAO:

Gucci, Azul88, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América

I legit despise this guy....specially today with his "mexico empato por cansancio o miedo?"

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I love the way

chepo talks to the media.

Le tienen miedo....

LGRod repped this.
  25. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol anyone else watching Jorge Ramos y Su Banda?
    He was hating on Ochoa hard. Saying he has a source telling him that he got the start bc he wants to add international games in order to transfer to Liverpool lol. Supposedly some one told Chepo to start Ochoa. The other dudes on there got riled up.

aztlanaguila831 and LGRod repped this.