ESPN/Futbol Picante V [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by El Chompiras, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorMisAwakatls

PorMisAwakatls New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

No seas mamon... Xolos >>>> Real Salt Lake, New England, Chivas USA, Crew etc., If you think Temoc is going to be a 90 minute difference maker against Spain & Germany estas pendejo... we need him but have 8 months to figure out how to get over our Cuauh-dependencia.

Temoc has already learned all he is going to learn... whether he plays in MLS, 1A or went to La Liga... its not going to make a difference next summer... playing in MLS & 1A is good for him psychologically. I honestly don't think he has what it takes to come back to Mexican 1st Division futbol... I don't want any risk that his stocks take a tumbling if he doesn't score any goals & his team descends etc.,

2. PorMisAwakatls

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    BTW.... after seeing the Chisme Picante crew sucking Gonzalez China's coq after the 1-Nil win against Brazil U-17... and making it seem like the best thing since tortillas... and contrasting with the way they criticize the guy who salvaged our World Cup dreams... there is no doubt in my mind they have a personal vendeta against Vasco Aguirre.

3. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was talking about the WC, not him going to play in those leagues..

4. PorMisAwakatls

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I know. Its one thing for Temoc to make a difference in CONCACRAP... but if we go in depending on him for the World Cup... we will be screwed... remember most teams in the World Cup play deep with two lines of four against their own goal... then 1 & 1... and the Euro teams have outside midfielders that are fast, big & strong... Temoc will not be holding the ball as easily as he does against MLS competition... and of course in the FMF most teams play a contain vs. pressure style of defense... so whether Temoc plays in MLS, Primera or 1A... its not going to matter... he isn't going to forget his skills... and he is not going to carry the team on his shoulders... to have any chance of success against quality WC opponents... Guardado, Gio & Vela have to be so fakking brilliant that they all get double & triple teamed... that is the only way Temoc is going to find space to create. In any case... I want a confident, rested Temoc... he is no young spring chicken... he needs to just stay in rhythm and play in a team that allows his creative juices to flow... while maintaining his body healthy.... and Veracruz is a good place for that.

5. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope Aguirre and Carrillo understand that Blanco's effectiveness may be limited in the WC due to the quality of opposition. I really hope Blanco is not called for every single friendly between now and WC. Frankly, he should only be called for the Euro friendlies and the ones with the Euro based players.

The purpose of the NT friendlies in USA and Mex should be to find a few secret weapons that Aguirre could implement at the WC. Barrera may not start in S. Africa but if he continues his good form, he could be one of those weapons at S. Africa. Our biggest problem right now is finding creative player that can fill in if Blanco and Gio cant play. We saw this in the last hex game

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yesterday was another bad show. First off its Faitelson with his stupid mirada, whining about how Oswaldo is the next coming of Lev Yashin apparently and how he is just left off because of his fighting with Cuauthemoc and the whole Pardo, Marquez and Oswaldo trilogy. He made this big deal about how Ochoa is there because of him being with America and promotional ties (aka Televisa). First off, I think this is BS. I don't think Oswaldo is having this great season that makes him overly superior to memo's. Second he was making this big ass deal about the friendly with Santos. It's a stupid friendly with Santos!! When Barca played America and America did all those friendlies in the US, I didn't see shit about America being this great team or deserving of NT time. It's was a great performance but so was Adolfo Rios against Barca but IT'S A STUPID CLUB FRIENDLY. I wasn't shocked that he made no mention of his screw up against San Luis the week before.

Second off they made this big deal about him with the NT, but I remember they never acknowledge that Oswaldo was a huge part of the problem with the NT and Eriksson. He stunk it up badly with the NT and was partly responsible for most of the goals in the semi group. He also diminished his actions against Honduras. It's insane why some players are defended so much and some are crucified by these clowns. If Nery or Blanco had done the same thing Oswaldo does, they would have been crucified. Now we have this BS campaign on Oswaldo. Oswaldo is a diva, he is not this out of great GK figure they make it out to be and he would be a cancer for the NT. I hope he's gone for the team.

Also later we had Joserra going on and saying "si me das entre Cuauthemoc y Zinha, yo me voy con zinha". Somebody should hang him from the balls for that. Garcia Toraño looked him with a face like " are you f***ing crazy?". That guy is a total moron.

7. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wish martindelp would do a piece on this about sanchez.

8. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is David FATelson offended by the way Oswango carries himself on the field? Cussing on every single play he's involved in. Que les va a decir a sus hijas? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    In previous shows that would be enough to keep him off the NT. Look at the way he reacted after hearing Raul Aria's "chupando" comments.

9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Pretty bad job IMO by the crew of ESPN special of the WCQ's. The panel was Andres Agulla (who is terrible), The Venezuelan dude, Schwartz and Tato Noriega. When they came to discuss the France/Ireland game, they basically condoned Henry's handball talking the latin american bullshit of how "ser vivo es parte del juego" and how "es de lo primero que te enseñan en las fuerzas basicas" and blah blah blah. Spare me the BS, it's cheating plain and simple and although maybe Henry shouldn't be hanged but you can applaud him either. They were really benign with the whole situation and it seemed that they preferrred France and that's why they were bias in front, blaming the Irish and their missed opportunities. I'm not an Ireland fan in the least but I have to say, it's and outraged what happened. Ireland got eliminated by one of the worst calls ever. It's a robbery and they acted really nonchalant about it. If it had been France or a Latin team, they would have wanted to hang the guy and yet it looked like it barely bothered them at all because it was Ireland.

10. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    ^^^

It truly is pathetic.

Anyone watch Picante last night, Albert said that he wishes Mexico gets in the group of death. Saying that when we play against the big teams we step up our game.

That may be true, however I don't remember ever beating the big teams.

11. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Italia en el 2002..

12. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    we tied

13. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    we didn't beat them.

14. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But we played really well. Well atleast that's what I remember..

But I think Albert was also refferring to copa America and confeds..

15. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Agreed, however just thought I'd point out that the British media is tearing Henry a new one. Talking about Henry "the cheat" this, Henry "the cheat" that, basically the complete opposite of those ESPN dudes.

I seriously doubt that had it been an Irish/British handball they'd be crucifying him like they are with Henry. Where was the outrage when Eduardo's leg was broken by a British player's brutal tackle or better yet, I don't see the English media ever question the dubious 66 WC win.

Of course none of this justifies Henry's handball, I don't want to seem like I'm condoning the handball since I'm not but I just though I'd point out the other extreme.

As for the tainted match, I think it should be replayed or at least FIFA should consider using replay technology. Some good should come out of this mess.

16. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I think instant reply in a situation like this would do some good. When a goal is scored there is alwasy that pause in the game to get the teams back to the middle of the field. Perhaps that pause can be used for instant reply.

just a thought.

17. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ese Dioniso de Jorge ramos. is really amusing. se le sale lo nacooooo in a really amusing way. He has had a dictatorship in the show since jorge ramos and pereyra when to uruguay. v i love his negativeness towards uruguays win.:D

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i like how he shuts up condorito over there in the corner haha

19. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that salvie or what ever he is is annoying

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrjFRav5JI"]YouTube- ANTONIO DE NIGRIS. Victima del Pacto de Caballeros en Mexico [Parte 2][/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSm2TF7H9wo&NR=1"]YouTube- ANTONIO DE NIGRIS. Victima del Pacto de Caballeros en Mexico [Parte 1][/ame]

i didnt catch this... but I have mixed feelings about this...

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow

as much as Tano loved Monterrey, they were the main culprits in screwing him over when going to another club

Albert is right on about what he said in that Luis Miguel Salvador and Co. "no tienen ni educacion ni verguenza por lo ke sucedio"

i doubt things will change, but i seriously hope this whole Pacto de Caballeros bullshit comes to end after the whole De Nigris fiasco

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I don't mean to play devil's advocate and I certainly do not wish to bad mouth a recently deceased person.

But that is de Nigris' side of the story. I am not saying he is a liar.

My skepticism comes from the fact that de Nigris was not your average 'run of the mill' player. He was a national team player. He was not wet behind the ears. He knew how the system worked.

He left Mty in 2002. He went to America, then he went to Villareal, Poli, Once Caldas, then he went back to Mexico where he played with UNAM and Puebla.

He had a fall out with Mty and that is where he claims that he was told that he was a free agent but did not have release documents from his ex club.

I do not buy that. Not from a player that 1) had NT experience, 2) had played abroad and knew how the transfer system worked, and 3) came from a well to do family. I am sorry, he was surrounded by people that were not ignorant to contractual law. His brother is a celebrity for God's sake, you would think they would have access to good representation.

Shame on Albert and Huerta for being sensationalist.

If Mty was as bad as de Nigris claimed to be in that interview, why did he want to go back? Rafa Puente seemed to be the voice of reason in there.

He played for 4 Mexican clubs. If you truly believe he was a victim of the gentlemen's pact, I have a bridge to sell you.

-----------------------

The other problem I have is with Albert insinuating that Salvador (Mty exec) is the culprit and how that is shameful because he was an ex player and that he shouldn't have had to put any sort of barriers on a fellow colleague.

What world does Albert and Huerta live in?

There is a reason why many companies have a policy where if a person is aspiring to be promoted, that he/she must be relocated to another plant/location.

Do you know why that is?

That is because they don't want managers and employees to fraternize and establish relationships that could affect the business relationship.

I am sorry. But Salvador is paid by Mty to administer that club and do what is in their best interest. If you do not agree with that, I do not know what else to say other than grow up and mature.

----------------------------------------

I am pissed that they took another cheap shot at the FMF. Like i said, anything that seems to be criticizing de nigris and his family is a a55hole move, but oh well.

His brother going on about the FMF should pick up the bill (transferring the body) is out of line. What an asshole. The FMF is under no legal obligation to do anything and the fact that the family is using the press for them to take action (err I mean pick up the bill) is just opportunistic. Bullsh!t!!!!

23. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm also totally against the pacto de caballeros but I don't like the whole angle people are using. They are basically using Denigris death as their flag against it and I don't like it at all. You can already see it in the Denigris thread with people blaming Monterrey for a lot of things and confusing sensations. I am terribly saddened by the death of Denigris and I'm totally against the BS method of the pacto de caballeros but I don't feel the way they are carrying their accusations is just. Neither the FMF, Monterrey or the pacto de caballeros is responsible for Dengris death.

24. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so how do i get my hands on the book(s) that Hector Huerta wrote?

25. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    they on the fiction section at borders.:p