ESPN documentary on USWNT "On the Road"

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Labdarugo, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone happen to see this "behind the scenes" program on the USWNT. It was on right before the USA-Norway game from 6:30 to 7:30.

They followed the team starting with the UVA scrimmage, through the group stage, and ending with them preparing for Norway.

I hope it will be rebroadcast and expanded. I was struck by how savagely they practiced against one another, how much fun they had together, and how strong they were mentally.

It was excellent.

2. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Brew City
    I agree. I thought it was awesome. I know there is another supposed to be on. Does anyone know the time?

My favorite part was when Kate and Danielle were doing their weather report. TR and Mia going at it in the locker room was funny too.

Aprils motivational speeches made me want to get out there. I was impressed.

3. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As were we. Our daughter was listening to every motivational word April was saying as if it was being said to her.

4. Jeminem2000

Jeminem2000 New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Ohio
    I believe the second part of it is on October 10th.

I thought it was hilarious.

5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    i got on there three times:

1) when sam's army in the upper deck was chanting "U-S" at the beginning of USA-SWE

2) when boxx scored

both those times you could see my back (mathis no. 5 usmnt jersey) and my bass drum head/shield thingy in the air.

3) when cat reddick was talking after US-NGA the minidisc player and mic in the middle of the screen are mine. :D

6. According to what I wrote down, the next one is Saturday, October 11 at 5:30pm Eastern on ESPN2.

It was nice to see Mia relaxed and having fun. Thanks to the team for letting us "invade" their downtime. Can't wait for the next one!

"I didn't get to play 'cause someone (pointing to Lilly) had to break the 3000 cap barrier!"

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    The TR/Mia play fight was too much! :D I enjoyed that. Man these ladies are a fun bunch.

8. Jeminem2000

Jeminem2000 New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Ohio
    i'm not sure, but the nike soccer site says October 10th at 6:00pmEST on ESPN2. But it may be wrong, so everyone should prolly check their local listings to make sure they don't miss anything.

9. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    It's the day of the 3rd place game, so it's the 11th. Also, it's an HOUR long - and not HALF an hour like my stupid, f!@#$ing onscreen guide said about the first part.

If only I had taped all the way through... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

10. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth
    will they have that kinda fun in the future without those veterans ?

11. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh of course they will. P-Lo surprised me. I always thought she was painfully shy, but she's a hoot, as is Aly, who was funny in the elevator when the fans were waving and she was like "Huh, they waving at me/us? (or whatever)" Abby was funny getting all psyched about a chipotle burrito, and T-Ro seems like a doll.

12. Dianawnt8

Dianawnt8 New Member

Jan 4, 2000
    b/c of the whole 3rd place moving from the 11th deal, i did not see it at all. and my VCR died during the game which i also did not see cause of stupid SATs. yes they were not THAT long, but did not get home til late THINKING that it was taping. so..could anyone take pity on a poor soccer fan and make me a copy?! :(