ESPN and Sentanta sports Chamion's league schedule day 1

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by simont, Sep 7, 2007.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Re: ESPN and Sentanta sports Champion's league schedule day 1

I realized after I posted that I forgot to make a note that I was referring to DirecTV.

2. seantheslug

seantheslug New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Does anyone know where i can watch the Chelsea Rosenborg game tomorrow besides ESPN Deportes? Setanta Broadband was originally advertising that they were showing it on PPV, but it wasn't anywhere on their site and when i e-mailed them about it they said they are not showing it.

Will it be available through UEFA's site by PPV? Does anyone know how much it would cost if it is?

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    It airs on Setanta USA live. I am assuming you don't have Setanta, though. I think it is listed on soccertv.com as available via UEFA's ppv, but I have no idea how much that costs. Take care.

4. seantheslug

seantheslug New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Thanks, I found the PPV section of Uefa and it's available

5. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Since Setanta has issued a "revised" schedule, here are the latest schedule listings for English-language broadcasts of matchday 1 of the UEFA Champions League (11 matches out of 16):

Tuesday, September 18-
    2:30 pm (ESPN2) FC Porto v. Liverpool
    2:30 pm (Setanta) Chelsea v. Rosenborg
    10:00 pm (Setanta) Real Madrid v. W. Bremen
    11:59 pm (Setanta) Olympiacos v. Lazio

Wednesday, September 19-
    2:30 pm (ESPN2) Sporting Lisbon v. Manchester Utd
    2:40 pm (Setanta) Arsenal v. Sevilla
    5:00 pm (ESPNClassic)/ 8:30 pm (Setanta) Barcelona v. Lyon
    10:15 pm (Setanta) Fenerbache v. Inter Milan

Thursday, September 20-
    8:30 pm (Setanta) AC Milan v. Benfica
    10:15 pm (Setanta) Shakhtar Donetsk v. Celtic

Friday, September 21-
    10:45 am (Setanta) Rangers v. VfB Stuttgart

6. moralis

moralis Member

Nov 30, 2006
    ESPN Deportes tv listings schedule (Champions League):

ESPN Deportes - EE.UU.

18 de sep.UEFA Champions League
    AC Milan vs. Sl Benfica
    Stadio Giuseppe Meazza Milan, Italy4:45 PM -
    7:00 PM

7. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I know I'm being greedy here but it's a drag that almost every game Setanta will show is also on some ESPN network. It would be nice if the remaining games (PSV, Eastern European sides, Valencia-Schalke, etc.) were shown on TV in the US, not just on the Internet. Dynamo-Roma seems to be the only game unique to ESPN and Rangers and Celtic games seem to be the only ones unique to Setanta. All others overlap. Plus, it seems like ESPN Deportes could re-run games a bit more. I just added the channel but I'm guessing Futbol Picante isn't so spicy and more of a snooze. Those slots could be used to air more CL matches. Take care.

8. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    How can I watch any of today's match online?

9. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    did the chelsea v rosenborg game air today on setanta? i set my dvr to record it but it says it was cancelled. between that and the ********ing espn bottom line spoiling the bremen game for me, i am steaming.

10. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I can say that my DVR (DirecTV recorded it and did not say that the game was canceled) but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet since I watched the Porto-Liverpool game live and am about to watch the Real-Bremen game. I hope to get to the Chelsea game later in the week. BTW, you should always be prepared to have other games spoiled for you (even games that will air on ESPN classic) if you do not cover the ticker with something (e.g., tape some paper across the bottom of your TV). I never chance it and always tape some paper on the bottom of my TV. I leave the room when they show other scores during half-time (or FFWD really fast if I am watching a recording). Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth are good about not announcing other scores or giving a heads up until the final round of group play. Then they spill the beans.

Anyway, someone else will hopefully chime in about the Chelsea game. You might record Chelsea TV later in the week to be safe since they usually air the CL game on delay (Fridays usually) and unlike MUTV, they don't chop the game. It blows my mind that MUTV needs to cut the game to 75 or 80 minutes instead of showing the entire game and then tacking on the post-game interviews. Take care.

EDIT: Luckily I still have the paper taped to the bottom of the screen and was feeling to lazy to peel it away because I forgot that many Sky feeds on Setanta will also show scores at the bottom of the screen. So ESPN is not alone here.

11. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    yea i know. last year i taped something over the bottom line. now i have a big flatscreen so thats not happening. do they think football fans tune into espn for scores? jesus christ.

12. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    The Chelsea -Rosenborg match was NOT a Sky nor Setanta feed. I believe it was the UEFA source feed.....one announcer, no references to other games either on screen nor via the announcer....you can watch the game without fear:)

The other two games on Setanta tonight were from Sky, whose announcers didn't give any scores, but there were flash updates that popped up without warning at the bottom of the screen.

I was surprised (pleasantly) that there were no references to other matches during the ESPN2 game (provided you skipped over the halftime, where they told you beforehand that they would be showing highlights of other games). Last year, there were both scores placed on the scrren, and the announcer also verbally gave the update. UNfortunately, the ESPN2 ticker gave some scores at the bottom of the screen, but at least you knew when they were coming.

I was able to hide the score updates from both the Sky and ESPN2 telecasts by putting my TV screen in zoom mode. While you lose the game clock as well, you can easily figure out the time of match since the soccer clock is in running time, and for those who are not that good at math you can still see the matchtime every ten minutes.

13. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This was clearly wrong! Milan v Benfica was at 4:45, and Porto v Liverpool was at 7. The Chelsea game was at 2am. Anybody has the schedule for today? The ESPN website shows a "Programming TBD" for those times. I guess I'll just have to set my dvr to record all the games.

14. len3121

len3121 New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    NY
    Sorry if that messed you up... I dont have any insider information or connections to espn and was just going by what was posted on soccertv.com as was noted in the orginal post.

i guess the best bet is to use either the tv listing section on espn.com or the guide of whatever tv service you are using to get more up to date/proper listings.

15. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I set my DVR to record Kyiv-Roma on ESPN Deportes (Wednsday night/Thursday Morning) and they ended up running Inter-Fenerbache (again?). Anyone know if the Roma game ever aired on Deportes and if it is going to air again? Is the ESPN guide for this channel always filled with "UEFA Champions League" and no teams listed or was this just a quirk?