ESM Team of the Month

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by schwuppe, Mar 25, 2011.

1. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Every month the ESM is making a team of the month. ESM is a cooperation between 9 European Sports Magazines.

The nine magazines are:

Voetbal International (Holland)
    Der Kicker (Germany)
    Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy)
    World Soccer (England)
    Voetbal Magazine (Belgium)
    Don Balon (Spain)
    Fanatik (Turkye)
    Sport-Express (Russia)
    Tipsbladet (Denmark)
    en A Bola (Portugal)

All player that recieved more than 3 ESM Team of the Month nominations sorted by position and how often they made the team.

Data from September 1995 - February 2011 (December 2008 is missing!!! please post if you can find it!!!)

Player who played significant time before the 1995/96 season are marked with a (*).

Remember WC and Euro performance are NOT factor in, because the team is only selected from September - May!

Hours of work I hope anyone cares. :eek:

Goalkeeper

Iker Casillas
    Edwin van der Sar

Oliver Kahn

Peter Čech
    Gianluigi Buffon

Júlio César

Angelo Peruzzi*

Jens Lehmann

Grégory Coupet
    Peter Schmeichel*
    Vítor Baía*

Víctor Valdés
    Pepe Reina
    Timo Hildebrand
    Fabien Barthez
    Santiago Cañizares *

Defender

Roberto Carlos

Paolo Maldini*

Carles Puyol

John Terry
    Daniel Alves

Lilian Thuram

Alessandro Nesta
    Fernando Hierro*
    Nemanja Vidić

Rio Ferdinand

Maicon
    Laurent Blanc*

Lúcio
    Jocelyn Angloma*

Walter Samuel

Sami Hyypiä
    Siniša Mihajlović*
    Jaap Stam 8

Sergio Ramos
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Bixente Lizarazu

Daniel Van Buyten
    Christian Panucci
    Frank de Boer*

Patrice Evra
    Kolo Touré
    Cris

Ashley Cole
    Gerard Piqué
    Jamie Carragher
    John Arne Riise
    Roberto Ayala
    Iván Helguera
    Cafu*
    Javier Zanetti
    Míchel Salgado
    Lothar Matthäus*
    Ciro Ferrara*
    Danny Blind*

Philipp Lahm
    Marco Materazzi
    Cristian Chivu
    Vincent
    Candela
    Martin Keown*
    Paolo Montero
    Frank Leboeuf*
    Gary Neville
    Matthias Sammer*
    Michael Reiziger
    Philippe Albert*

Midfielder

Zinedine Zidane 23

Ronaldinho

Frank Lampard

Francesco Totti
    Pavel Nedvěd
    David Beckham

Xavi
    Rivaldo

Luís Figo
    Alessandro Del Piero

Kaká

Cesc Fàbregas

Patrick Vieira
    Clarence Seedorf

Andrés Iniesta
    Michael Ballack
    Stefan Effenberg

Esteban Cambiasso
    Luis Enrique*

Michael Essien
    Wesley Sneijder
    Steven Gerrard
    Juninho
    Deco
    Juan Sebastián Verón
    Rui Costa

Mancini
    Robert Pirès
    Ryan Giggs
    Mehmet Scholl

Franck Ribéry
    Ludovic Giuly
    Pablo Aimar
    Gaizka Mendieta
    Roy Keane*
    Fernando Redondo*

Mesut Özil
    Rafael van der Vaart
    Andrea Pirlo
    Dejan Stanković
    Rubén Baraja
    Freddie Ljungberg
    Paul Scholes
    Émerson
    Diego Simeone
    Youri Djorkaeff
    Andreas Möller
    Jari Litmanen
    Raí*

Forward

Lionel Messi 25

Raúl

Ronaldo

Andriy Shevchenko

Samuel Eto'o
    Cristiano Ronaldo

Christian Vieri

Ruud van Nistelrooy
    Thierry Henry
    Wayne Rooney

Michael Owen
    Zlatan Ibrahimović

Didier Drogba
    Gabriel Batistuta*

Luca Toni
    Hernán Crespo
    Arjen Robben

Roy Makaay

David Villa
    Filippo Inzaghi
    Oliver Bierhoff*

Fernando Torres
    David Trezeguet
    Pedja Mijatovic*
    George Weah*

Vedad Ibišević
    Robinho
    Frédéric Kanouté
    Javier Saviola
    Adriano
    Vincenzo Montella
    Mateja Kežman
    Jardel
    Davor Šuker*
    Eric Cantona*

Gregoire1 repped this.
  2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I remember whenever I read World Soccer seeing these Teams of the Month listed. One thing I'm not sure on is whether the readers vote or the jornalists of the magazines compile the teams (I think the jounalists). I've just read that until 1997 the French magazine was Onze Mondial (who I know let their readers vote 11 players for their team of the year and also for their player of the year awarding the top 3 a prize). In 1997 it changed to France Football, who of course created the Balon D'or.
    I don't know about the missing month, but I did find this ESM Team of the Year for 1994/95 (no monthly teams that season):
    1994/95

Season XI

Baía (Pto)Blind (Ajx) Rijkaard (Ajx) Sammer (BDo) Maldini (Mil) M.Laudrup (RMa) Litmanen (Ajx) Zola (Pma) Klinsmann (ToH) Shearer (BlR) Zamorano (RMa)trainer: Van Gaal (Ajx).

3. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Schwuppe, where were you able to find the teams of the month post the 2006-07 season?

4. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    http://www.worldsoccer.com/esm11/december2010.php

Change the 'december2010' part in the url to whatever team you want. ;)

The teams are made by journalist, not voted by fans.
    Each magazine submitts their team and the players who appear in most teams make the final ESM team of the month.

Thanks for the Season XI 94/95 team, although I can't think of a way to include it into the statistics.

5. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The team for December 2008 was:

Pepe Reina (3 votes)
    Maicon (6 votes)
    Giorgio Chiellini (5 votes)
    Carles Puyol (4 votes)
    Steven Gerrard (7 votes)
    Xavi (6 votes)
    Lionel Messi (7 votes)
    Thierry Henry (5 votes)
    Wayne Rooney (4 votes)
    Amauri (4 votes)
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic (7 votes)

Source: World Soccer February 2009

I had a look through all the World Soccer editions for the 1994-5 season but they did not list these. I presume they were not in the group at the time.

6. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    It;s a very good effort to put out Schuppe.

About the list, well it's always debatable ... in my 2 cents:

1- Some players ended up in wrong position i.e. Mathauss in Defender, and Del Piero in Midfielder type ... WRONGLY or mistaken seriously

2- The number of votes were very much imformative rather than true merits ... for example:

GK: Cassilas 12 and Van DerSaar 12 made Buffon so underated with 8 (as we all know who was greatest among them)

DF: Cafu only 4 (??) while Dani Alves 18 (coincided with the great Barca 2006-now). Cafu was among the top 5 best RB all time surely.

MF: Lampard 15 became too overated with Redondo 4 or Gigg /Aimar 4 (?)

FW: Vieri 12 was too high for Trezeguet and Crespo 4 each. They all same level

7. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Thank you!

Can't edit the post sadly...

Matthäus played as a defender in the late 90s.
    Would change Del Piero to Forward, but I'm not able to edit my post.

Yeah obviously ... like all statistical approaches. What did you expect? ;)
    Cafu, Lampard and Vieri were the biggest three surprises for me indeed.

8. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I can make these edits if you like?

9. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The 1994/95 team was listed as a seperate entry. There weren't any votes for each month. I would think they voted after the season was finished either as an introduction to the ESM Team of Month project or they initially were going to do it annually but changed it to monthly.
    The 94/95 team can't really count in the analysis (though it could if looking at the Teams of the Season) - the listed players may have got between 2 and 8 monthly inclusions in theory but it would seem it wasn't picked on this basis and certainly not published as such.

The differences in players included by each publication would be interesting - I'd imagine most often included a few from their own league:
    I've located my February 2005 issue of World Soccer with the 10 teams of A Bola (Portugal), Fanatik (Turkey), Gazetta Dello Sport (Italy), Sport Express (Russia), Voetbal International (Holland), Don Ballon (Spain), Foot (Belgium), Kicker (Germany), Tips Bladet (Denmark) and World Soccer (United Kingdom) for December 2004.
    So lets see if I'm right (only one month sample though) - I'm showing national team players for each nation too, highlighted in bold & if the publication picks the most of it's own national team players, in blue or joint most, in green.
    A Bola - 5 Premiership (Ferreira, Terry, Cole, Robben, Henry), 4 La Liga (Puyol, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldinho), 2 Serie A (Buffon, Shevchenko) & 2 Potuguese (Ferreira, Deco)
    Fanatik - 3 Serie A (Thuram, Shevchenko, Montella), 3 Dutch league (Bouma, Landzaat, Yildirim), 2 La Liga (Baptista, Ronaldinho), 1 Turkish league (Mondragon), 1 Bundesliga (Stalteri), 1 Premiership (Lampard)
    Gazetta Dello Sport - 3 Serie A (Buffon, Nesta, Shevchenko), 3 Premiership (Terry, Lampard, Henry), 3 La Liga (Puyol, Deco, Ronaldinho), 2 Portuguese league (Maniche, Diego) & 2 Italians (Buffon, Nesta)
    Sport Express - 5 Premiership (Campbell, Terry, Tiago, Lampard, Robben), 3 La Liga (Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o), 3 Serie A (Buffon, Thuram, Shevchenko)
    Voetbal International - 5 Premiership (Terry, Cole, Lampard, Robben, Henry), 3 La Liga (Puyol, Deco, Ronaldinho), 2 Serie A (Buffon, Shevchenko), 1 Dutch league (Landzaat) & 2 Dutch (Landzaat, Robben)
    Don Ballon - 3 La Liga (Kameni, Deco, Ezquerro), 3 Premiership (Campbell, Lampard, Henry), 2 Serie A (Zambrotta, Adriano), 1 French league (Maicon), 1 Portuguese league (Maniche), 1 Dutch league (Landzaat) & 1 Spaniard (Ezquerro)
    Foot - 4 La Liga (Puyol, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o), 4 Premiership (Cech, Terry, Lampard, Henry), 2 Bundesliga (Bordon, Ballack), 1 Serie A (Shevchenko)
    Kicker - 4 Premiership (Terry, Campbell, Henry, Robben), 3 La Liga (van Bronckhorst, Deco, Ronaldinho), 2 Bundesliga (Ballack, Klose), 2 Serie A (De Sanctis, Cafu) & 2 Germans (Ballack, Klose)
    Tips Bladet - 3 Serie A (Buffon, Pizarro, Totti), 3 Premiership (Terry, Gerrard, Henry), 3 La Liga (Marchena, Deco, Eto'o), 1 Bundesliga (Hleb), 1 Dutch league (Cocu)
    World Soccer - 4 La Liga (Puyol, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o), 3 Premiership (Cech, Carvalho, Gerrard), 2 Serie A (Maldini, Shevchenko), 1 Bundesliga (Ernst), 1 French league (Nilmar) & 1 English player (Gerrard)

No Ronaldinho selected by Don Balon then, and no Terry selected by World Soccer though most of the other magazines selected them.

Overall, there's a slight tendecncy to pick more players from the leagues of the nations the magazines are published in and to pick more of the national team players from that nation than on average. Not by much though and not in every case. Perhaps in other months and going back to the 90's especially this might've been slightly more the case?

It's too much work to do this analysis for every month of course, but it'd be interesting to see which players were left out of the overall selection but included in the selection of the magazine published in the country of the league they played in.

EDIT - For comparsion here is the final ESM Team of the Month for December 2004 listed by league:
    5 Premiership (Terry, Campbell, Lampard, Robben, Henry), 4 La Liga (Puyol, Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o), 2 Serie A (Buffon, Shevchenko).
    The number of votes for these players were:
    Buffon 5 - A Bola, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Tips Bladet
    Puyol 5 - A Bola, Gazetta Dello Sport, Voetbal International, Foot, World Soccer
    Campbell 3 - Sport Express, Don Balon, Kicker
    Terry 7 - A Bola, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Foot, Kicker, Tips Bladet
    Lampard 6 - Fanatik, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Don Balon, Foot
    Deco 7 - A Bola, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Don Balon, Kicker, Tips Bladet
    Robben 4 - A Bola, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Kicker
    Ronaldinho 8 - A Bola, Fanatik, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Foot, Kicker, World Soccer
    Shevchenko 7 - A Bola, Fanatik, Gazetta Dello Sport, Sport Express, Voetbal International, Foot, World Soccer
    Eto'o 4 - Sport Express, Foot, Tips Bladet, World Soccer
    Henry 7 - A Bola, Gazetta Dello Sport, Voetbal International, Don Balon, Foot, Kicker, Tips Bladet
    * So just among the players making the final team, in this month they were less likely to have received votes from the publication within the country they played in.

10. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Yep sure! :)

11. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    I'll try to explain and put those results into context so they won't seem that weird anymore:

GK:
    Not really an explantion for the voting results but my take on goalkeepers:
    The smallest gap between #1 best of all time and #25 of all position is easily among GK.
    I'll take the great GK with a hot streak ... I'm equally happy with either Casillas, Kahn or Buffon.
    As long as my team has a solid goaltender and not a complete sieve (All English GK of the past decade) it's the least important position.

To illustrate my point: Have you ever seen any club trying to upgrade they GK when they already have a World Class one? It's very common for all other position ...
    Real Madrid from '00 till now is probably has the biggest player replacement rate in history.
    The only two never questioned or replaced were Zidane and Casillas. That's telling.

Goaltending is a two way system: It either is a problem or it's not (if you have Kahn, Casillas or Buffon) There is nothing in between

DF:
    Cafu - very good for a long time, but I've never seen him called one of the best defenders of all time .... until I stumbeled upon the bigsoccer board. :D And it's not that he played for minor teams with little exposure ...

Daniel Alves made the ESM team regularly as a Sevilla player ... also you might look back at the individual months where he got selected - can you think of a player that deserved it more in any of those months?

MF:
    Redondo
    .... DM are not very popular among the voters, that's it!
    Giggs
    is the easiest one to explain ... the great thing about Ryan is his consistency - through the last 15 years he was almost always a Top 25 - 30 player .... but hardly Top 10 material!
    I'm sure if ESM would select two allstar teams each month it would reflect Giggs' value alot better.
    Aimar was terrific in ... well 4 months of his career where he played to his potential. Not surprised.

FW:
    I have no idea, they all played in the same league, at the same time and scored the same.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's the one thing that stood out for me, looking at the list. Lots of OMs in midfield and very few DMs. This makes for nice sounding all-star teams that wouldn't work so well on the pitch.

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It's not just that. The formations selected almost always have 3 defenders (who are often wing-backs or wingers, Gareth Bale is the second most selected "defender" this season), then 2 or 3 midfielders (who are normally all attacking) and then the rest strikers.

Still, the team of the month is always the first thing I turn to when my copy of World Soccer arrives. A few feature this month as well sets out the number of votes that each player has got so far this season.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess if the objective is to identify the high achievers of the month, it's to be expected that they will tend to select more attacking players, because they are the ones more likely to stand out.

I don't have a problem with that, as long as we understand in advance that it's about recognizing the monthly performance of individuals rather than putting together the best possible team of the month.

15. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    I understand that voters chosed their best players, no matter what position are playing.

Then ESM show their top players and additionaly an All Star Team (system depends whether are more strikers or mids in top list)

16. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Updated for March 2011

Goalkeeper

Edwin van der Sar 13

Iker Casillas 12

Oliver Kahn

Peter Čech
    Gianluigi Buffon

Júlio César

Angelo Peruzzi*

Jens Lehmann

Grégory Coupet
    Peter Schmeichel*
    Vítor Baía*
    Pepe Reina 4

Víctor Valdés
    Timo Hildebrand
    Fabien Barthez
    Santiago Cañizares *

Defender

Roberto Carlos

Paolo Maldini*

Carles Puyol

Daniel Alves 19

John Terry

Lilian Thuram

Alessandro Nesta
    Fernando Hierro*
    Nemanja Vidić

Rio Ferdinand

Maicon

Laurent Blanc* 11

Lúcio
    Jocelyn Angloma*

Walter Samuel

Sami Hyypiä
    Siniša Mihajlović*
    Jaap Stam 8

Sergio Ramos
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Bixente Lizarazu

Daniel Van Buyten
    Christian Panucci
    Frank de Boer*

Patrice Evra
    Kolo Touré
    Cris

Ashley Cole
    Gerard Piqué
    Jamie Carragher
    John Arne Riise
    Roberto Ayala
    Iván Helguera
    Cafu*
    Javier Zanetti
    Míchel Salgado
    Lothar Matthäus*
    Ciro Ferrara*
    Danny Blind*

Philipp Lahm
    Marco Materazzi
    Cristian Chivu
    Vincent
    Candela
    Martin Keown*
    Paolo Montero
    Frank Leboeuf*
    Gary Neville
    Matthias Sammer*
    Michael Reiziger
    Philippe Albert*
    Mats Hummels 3

Midfielder

Zinedine Zidane 23

Ronaldinho

Frank Lampard
    Xavi 15

Francesco Totti 14
    Pavel Nedvěd
    David Beckham

Rivaldo

Luís Figo
    Alessandro Del Piero

Kaká

Cesc Fàbregas

Patrick Vieira
    Clarence Seedorf

Andrés Iniesta
    Michael Ballack
    Stefan Effenberg

Esteban Cambiasso
    Luis Enrique*
    Steven Gerrard 7
    Wesley Sneijder 7

Michael Essien 6
    Juninho
    Deco
    Juan Sebastián Verón
    Rui Costa

Mancini
    Robert Pirès
    Ryan Giggs
    Mehmet Scholl

Franck Ribéry
    Ludovic Giuly
    Pablo Aimar
    Gaizka Mendieta
    Roy Keane*
    Fernando Redondo*
    Mesut Özil 4

Rafael van der Vaart
    Andrea Pirlo
    Dejan Stanković
    Rubén Baraja
    Freddie Ljungberg
    Paul Scholes
    Émerson
    Diego Simeone
    Youri Djorkaeff
    Andreas Möller
    Jari Litmanen
    Raí*

Forward

Lionel Messi 26

Raúl

Ronaldo

Andriy Shevchenko
    Samuel Eto'o

Cristiano Ronaldo 16

Christian Vieri
    Wayne Rooney 12

Thierry Henry 11

Ruud van Nistelrooy 10
    Zlatan Ibrahimović 10

Michael Owen 9

Didier Drogba
    Gabriel Batistuta*

Luca Toni
    Hernán Crespo
    Arjen Robben

Roy Makaay

David Villa
    Filippo Inzaghi
    Oliver Bierhoff*

Fernando Torres
    David Trezeguet
    Pedja Mijatovic*
    George Weah*

Vedad Ibišević
    Robinho
    Frédéric Kanouté
    Javier Saviola
    Adriano
    Vincenzo Montella
    Mateja Kežman
    Jardel
    Davor Šuker*
    Eric Cantona*
    Karim Benzema 3

17. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Updated for May 2011

Goalkeeper

Edwin van der Sar 14

Iker Casillas 12

Oliver Kahn

Peter Čech
    Gianluigi Buffon

Júlio César

Angelo Peruzzi*

Jens Lehmann

Grégory Coupet
    Peter Schmeichel*
    Vítor Baía*
    Pepe Reina 4

Víctor Valdés
    Timo Hildebrand
    Fabien Barthez
    Santiago Cañizares *

Defender

Roberto Carlos

Paolo Maldini*
    Daniel Alves 21

Carles Puyol 20

John Terry

Nemanja Vidić 16

Lilian Thuram 15

Alessandro Nesta 14
    Fernando Hierro*

Rio Ferdinand

Maicon

Laurent Blanc* 11

Lúcio
    Jocelyn Angloma*

Walter Samuel

Sami Hyypiä
    Siniša Mihajlović*
    Jaap Stam 8

Sergio Ramos
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Bixente Lizarazu

Daniel Van Buyten
    Christian Panucci
    Frank de Boer*

Patrice Evra
    Kolo Touré
    Cris
    Gerard Piqué 5

Ashley Cole 4
    Jamie Carragher
    John Arne Riise
    Roberto Ayala
    Iván Helguera
    Cafu*
    Javier Zanetti
    Míchel Salgado
    Lothar Matthäus*
    Ciro Ferrara*
    Danny Blind*
    Mats Hummels 4

Philipp Lahm
    Marco Materazzi
    Cristian Chivu
    Vincent
    Candela
    Martin Keown*
    Paolo Montero
    Frank Leboeuf*
    Gary Neville
    Matthias Sammer*
    Michael Reiziger
    Philippe Albert*

Midfielder

Zinedine Zidane 23

Ronaldinho

Xavi 17

Frank Lampard 15

Francesco Totti 14
    Pavel Nedvěd
    David Beckham

Rivaldo

Luís Figo
    Alessandro Del Piero

Kaká

Cesc Fàbregas

Patrick Vieira
    Clarence Seedorf
    Andrés Iniesta

Michael Ballack
    Stefan Effenberg

Esteban Cambiasso
    Luis Enrique*
    Steven Gerrard 7
    Wesley Sneijder 7

Michael Essien 6
    Juninho
    Deco
    Juan Sebastián Verón
    Rui Costa
    Ryan Giggs 6

Mancini 5
    Robert Pirès
    Mehmet Scholl

Franck Ribéry
    Ludovic Giuly
    Pablo Aimar
    Gaizka Mendieta
    Roy Keane*
    Fernando Redondo*
    Mesut Özil 4

Rafael van der Vaart
    Andrea Pirlo
    Dejan Stanković
    Rubén Baraja
    Freddie Ljungberg
    Paul Scholes
    Émerson
    Diego Simeone
    Youri Djorkaeff
    Andreas Möller
    Jari Litmanen
    Raí*

Forward

Lionel Messi 28

Raúl

Ronaldo

Andriy Shevchenko
    Samuel Eto'o
    Cristiano Ronaldo 17

Wayne Rooney 14

Christian Vieri 12

Thierry Henry 11

Ruud van Nistelrooy 10
    Zlatan Ibrahimović 10

Michael Owen 9

Didier Drogba
    Gabriel Batistuta*

Luca Toni
    Hernán Crespo
    Arjen Robben

Roy Makaay

David Villa
    Filippo Inzaghi
    Oliver Bierhoff*

Fernando Torres
    David Trezeguet
    Pedja Mijatovic*
    George Weah*

Vedad Ibišević
    Robinho
    Frédéric Kanouté
    Javier Saviola
    Adriano
    Vincenzo Montella
    Mateja Kežman
    Jardel
    Davor Šuker*
    Eric Cantona*
    Karim Benzema 3

18. Gregoire

Gregoire Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Good job!

19. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Alright unfortunaly I lost the file - now I don't have infos on all player with <3 selections...
    Still might update it soon.

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Schuppe,

Did anyone ever mention that your "random bold font" is a bit too much? Hahaha Gotcha

21. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    No you didn't.

The whole font is bolded not just some parts. :p

22. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Isn't it an idea to collect all ESM teams of the month here? To post it? On RSSSF it is only complete until 2007 or so.

23. silapunaes

silapunaes New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Club:
    Abbotsford Mariners
    I like to read "World Soccer".

24. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I saw this great thread. Maybe an idea to update it?

25. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    I lost the file which had all players with less than 3 selections, so adding new teams could make it inaccurate.
    I might redo it but not now.

PuckVanHeel repped this.