ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 8, 2003.

1. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve, I have brought both of my girls into 101 at one time or another since 1996 (5?) in they have not turned into criminals or prostitues! To be the fact that they call me "scum bastard" is just a reminder how much they love the game!
    Ok, I'm kidding about that last part. But my kids understand the nature of 101, and that, that behavior stays in 101.

2. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Staab, you can sit elsewhere and watch the match from a better angle, or stand with the ESC and be a part of the game! I am willing to bet you a beer that once you stand in section 101, you wont want to be anywhere else!

3. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Staab! I had no idea you were coming from so far away! The beer is on me regaurdless of where you sit! See me in the parking lot w/ the ESC. I hope you like Bass! I'm the tall, skinny, old guy!

4. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    I'm coming from Albany with 3 other people. Be in 101 with the rest of everyone else and tailgating for hours before the match. Hope the hibatchi holds up in the wind. See you there....Cheers

5. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    hey AEK, what time you plannin on gettin to 16a ?

6. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    The wind is blowing over steel drum garbage cans right now. Today might be a good one for hitting the deli and leaving the grill at home.

7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    From the National Weather Service...

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 1015 AM EDT WED OCT 15 2003

... A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM THIS EVENING...

STRONG AND GUSTY WESTERLY WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING HOURS. WINDS WILL AVERAGE BETWEEN 25 AND 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 45 MPH. AFTER SUNSET... THE WINDS WILL BEGIN TO DIMINISH... BUT THEY WILL STILL AVERAGE BETWEEN 20 TO 25 MPH.

REMEMBER... A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO BE 31 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS WILL RANGE BETWEEN 46 AND 57 MPH. WINDS OF THESE MAGNITUDES MAY CAUSE MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE WITHOUT EXTRA PRECAUTIONS BEING TAKEN. LOOSE OBJECTS SUCH AS LAWN FURNITURE AND GARBAGE CANS SHOULD BE SECURED. MOTORISTS IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD USE CAUTION UNTIL THE WINDS SUBSIDE.

8. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    and i'm off...8 years in the making, no place i'd rather be tonight than gettin drunk off some METRO (and a 12 or two of yuengling) haha...WEEE WANT THE CUP

9. Two Beasleys

Two Beasleys BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 30, 2003
    Washington. DC
    Just wanted to offer my congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and the Chicago Fire and my condolences to the Metrostars and Yankees. Bummer to lose 2 big games in a single night.

BTW, I think Bradley taking Mathis out was the best thing for the team. I don't know if those of you at the game saw it, but he was really going after Edgar. Mathis is totally detrimental to your team.

Anyway, hopefully y'all have to meet us in the playoffs.

P.S. Apparently it is unsporting behavior to jokingly suggest genocide.

10. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    we lost.
    there's still a season to be played.

UP METRO.

11. NMmetrofan

NMmetrofan New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    ALBUQUERQUE NM
    were used to losing so its not too big a BLOW
    HOWEVER we made it furthur then we EVER HAVE lets hope the season ends as BRIGHT
    go metros
    theres still a cup to be had

12. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    True words but it still hurts . . .a lot.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Nathan Hale's Pub was an effin blast!!!
    Tommy Smyth is the effin man!!!!
    What game?