ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ

Well they serve food so I believe the law allows you to enter.
    I dont think they really I.D so if you look of age your most likely ok. Not telling you what to do at worst you can eat drink (non Alhc)@ party with the ESC.

2. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to attend the festivities at NH... sounds like a great place. I will have about 12-15 people at my tailgating party and not everyone can make the trip to NHs nor is everyone of legal age...

3. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Re: WE WANT THE EFFING CUP!

Yet another reason to vote for Nathan Hales as the best soccer bar at www.ussoccer.com.

Damn I wish I can go to this! Someone PLEASE take pictues!
    Unfortunately I'm only lucky enough to get out of work one hour earlier that day (maybe), so I can tailgate. Make sure the bus pulls into 16A and you have everyone drunk and singing ont their way out of the bus!

4. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Re: ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ

When you get off the bus, I'll get you a beer or two, so long as you don't look like you're 12.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Congorilla has 100% told me I everything need to know! I'll be there! Dunno if I can bring anyone..... trying to convince my Dad to join..... hmmm..... on secound thought bad idea.... :)

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    There are 25 or so people on the bus so far, which I can tell you is a damn record for within 48 hours for a bus trip. I am pretty confident we will fill the first bus, and it's just a question of how full the second bus will be.

If you are going, please RSVP at empiresc@verizon.net.

Thanks.

7. NMmetrofan

NMmetrofan New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    ALBUQUERQUE NM
    ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ

im TRAPPED IN NM for this one is there ANY CHANC Eof buying the shirt mailorder from you????

8. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    uhh....maybe. As soon as we get the shirt finalized, we'll let everyone know how much they are, and we can mail one to you.

9. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    Any one have any idea if the game will be available on yahoo platinum??? cuz im here stuck going to college here in orlando..no indemand or shootout...god i wish i was in NY this week... GO METRO!!! geesh i hope we can have a decent turnout..any predictions on how many people we can draw to this game? im hoping at least 20,000

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    You are screwed mate... :( As this is not a MLS game, no MLS source such as Yahoo PLatinum or the Indemand shootout will carry it. Very sad really, how MLS and the USSF can not come together on this...

11. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Would the USSF site run matchtracker for it though? They usually do for USMNT games, maybe the USOC final would warrant some written p-b-p.

Anyway, we are up to 35 on the bus, so keep them coming. I expect we'll fill at least half a bus or more in walk ups on the day, but you never know. Please, don't get shut out, rsvp now.

Thanks.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Can I rsvp at the ESC tailgate in Lot 16 A Saturday night?

13. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Yes. You can also pay then.

14. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    www.metrostars.com had MatchTracker up for the last OC game...

It just doesn't matter!
    [​IMG]
    Get your ass to Giants Stadium!

15. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Son, I don't know you from Adam, but it says here on travelocity.com that you can get a nonstop morning flight to LaGuardia from Orlando on Delta, and return the next day, for $180. Now on four days notice it doesn't come cheaper. Pawn some textbooks and sell some plasma, and if you can pay for a plane ticket I'll buy you a match ticket. The Metros don't get in cup finals very often, so don't miss this.

16. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

and that's the fact...jack

17. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    ESC/NH OPEN CUP/ALE UP! UPDATE: Tommy Smyth to address the Empire Supporters @ 3pm!!!

Just received word from the man hisself!
    The original Voice of the Metros,
    Tommy Smyth has graciously accpeted the offer to wish us good luck IN PERSON @ Nathan Hales this Wednesday @ 3pm. Just another reason The ESC Open Cup Ale-Up is not to be missed.
    C Y'all there. We want the efffing Cup!
    Cheers,
    The Mgt.

PS: Just start working on yer progressively worsening cough at work on monday. Call ya boss man Wednesday morn and tell 'em you've contracted the dreaded MPF virus and can't come in.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Can't wait to finally meet the man !!!

19. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    ESC/NH OPEN CUP/ALE UP! UPDATE: Tommy Smyth to address the Empire Supporters @ 3pm!!!

I might be wrong NYR, but I dont think he is Italian. CIAO A TUTTI !!!
    FORZA METRO !!!!!!!!!

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I can't wait to finally meet the IRISH man :)

21. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J

Dude you are the KING of the SMILEY FACES

22. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Re: ESC/NH OPEN CUP/ALE UP! UPDATE: Tommy Smyth to address the Empire Supporters @ 3pm!!!

could he stand in back of 101 and give us a REAL color commentary of the match????

23. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I will personally get there early for this event. I saw Tommy at Nevada Smiths for the World Soccer Weekly Man U Live Broadcast. I can't wait to see Tommy on Wednesday. A proper sendoff for the Open Cup Final

24. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
  25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    maybe sticky this or merge this with the other NH thread?

just tryin to help out....