ESC roadtrip: New England v Metro, Sat, Sept 21st

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    The Empire Supporters Club will travel for the first time to the New Boro on Saturday, September 21st to support Metro away to New England. This final match of the season, a now traditional late season fixture, could be a massive encounter as Metro will no doubt be in the hunt for points to put them in the best possible playoff position, or perhaps, to lay claim to the Supporters Shield, while New England may be holding on to a playoff berth by a single thread. Enter the Metro...

Consider the following points:
    -Metro have offered to stock the bus with snacks and drink in return for the ESC meeting Metromembership goals.
    -New England have offered us a proper away end behind the south goal. Hats off, perennial strugglers!
    -ESC members signing on to this trip (along with those who traveled to RFK in May) will have first shot at the trip to MLS Cup 2002 back at the New Boro in October. ;)

New England v Metro: The New Boro
    Saturday, September 21st
    Depart NW corner of W. 28th Street & 7th Avenue, Manhattan at 1:30pm with 2nd pick-up at Giants Stadium Park & Ride Lot (in Lots 9 & 11) at 2:00pm.
    Kickoff 7:30pm; return immediately after.
    Cost (Bus and Match Ticket)
    $35.00 ESC members paying by August 17th.
    $45.00 ESC members paying after August 17th.
    $60.00 non-members

Sign up now via PayPal.com (payable to escgear@yahoo.com) or at home matches starting with next Wednesday v Columbus.

So, then ask yourself, why do you support Metro if not to feel the satisfaction of the acknowledgment of Metro players as they walk off after taking the full three points from New England? If you've never traveled to support Metro away, now is the time to step up and be counted.

Please do not reply to this thread with anything other than pledges to travel or testimonials from road vets.

2. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Im in!!

Wouldnt miss it for anything!!

If you missed the DC trip earlier this year, this is your chance to redeem yourselves.

3. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I just PayPal-ed my dough...I'm in.

If you've never taken the bustrip to Foxboro, now's your chance.

Besides the enroute shenanagans, liquor store encounters with Chubby Massachusetts Ska Girls, parking lot cookout and covert kickarounds, beer-wobbly march into the stadium, straightened-up-by-victory march out of the stadium, and the beauty of MetroFlip's imitation of Jackie Martling impersonating Sean Connery on the ride home, there's usually a hard-fought and fun-to-watch Metro v Rev match somewhere inbetween.

I think it was the great philosopher, S. Delgado, who once said, "Fans watch on TV, true playas get on 'da bus". I have to agree.

4. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Metro-hollic and Bobuck, keep your goddamn mouths shut....

Yeah, I'm back on the bus, baby.

5. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    I'll be on the coach.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Did we just pass a lorrie?
    Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

6. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Lest we forget about the always enjoyable pit stop en route home at the MacDonalds.

BaconMcFlurry- Ummmmmmmmm.

7. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    Will everyone who can please come up to Chapter 11 field and support the MetroStars!

The few Metrostar fans who were here for the June 29th 2-0 victory would appreciate an extra 50-60 cheering voices. Don't forget, the Metros are 8-1-1 in their last 10 against Kraft's 11.

CMGI is a beautiful open-air stadium and great for viewing soccer. You have to see the stadium for yourself. The weather should be beautiful in Foxboro in mid-late September!

P.S. The Revs' fans suck--75 of us combined can outscream them!

8. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998

This is going to be a great trip. I just PayPal'd... and will be meeting four Metros in exhile from Massachusetts.

Favorite Boro moments:
    -watching Footix chaperone a hammered Macca around the corridor in 2000 looking for a Guinness vendor to sell him another round in his altered state...
    -watching DeAvila turn Lalas inside out not once but twice before scoring one of the great Metro goals, in monsoon rains in 97.
    -rocking the house for the final 15 minutes of last year's 1-1 draw, and leaving with a complete dolt of a New England fan saying, "...hey, you didn't beat us..." Hey, dick, a draw at home is a loss...
    -The complete and total 0-2 romp in 2000. Jayzus... even Comas scored.

These trips are just the best. There is no reason not to be there, unless you're one of these anonymous big talkers spoutin' off around here with little or no proof of having ever gotten behind Metro when it counts. :eek:

9. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Are you bringing the trivial pursuit game back?

I need some cash.

10. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    Listen, Frenchy- if you or anyone else up there want tickets in the away end, email me at rferg68@aol.com... and unless PSG have gone to red and black, wear a Metro top.

Bring your go-go roll, trebek...

11. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    I seem to recall cleaning you out, homeboy.

12. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    You got lucky.

It was your dream board.

With Topics like:

Bar Geography, Irish Sayings, Brewing Techniques, Potato Recipes, & Hair Weaves.

How could I have won?

13. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    If the categories were: Surliest answers possible, why everything sucks, making fun of everyone in your supporters club, putting bad ideas into severely drunk people's heads, and taking two weeks every time you move someplace.

14. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Mmmmmm. We are talking Tournament of Champion material here Joey.

15. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    I'll be there, but i will already be in boston cause i'll be at school. So no ESC bus ride for me.

Will I be able to be a ticket behind the goal at the box office on the day of the game??

16. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal
    I've got bad credit (and I'm only 24), so I got to pay at the next home game at the swamp. Hopefully places will still be available

Someone tell Mike to show up with all the ESC membership stuff as I have not been able to get it during the last two matches.

Who will be collecting the money for the trip at the tailgate anyway?

17. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I will throw in at the next home game as well.

And I'll try to remember to bring 2 soccer balls for the pre-match. In DC we looked like homeless kids kicking a can around (of course, we were kicking a ping pong ball around, which is only marginally better). I should also have my 29" bass drum by then. Of course, I don't know how to play it, but that hasn't exactly stopped anyone else. So 50+ people and 3 or 4 drums should be a good amount of noise.

And CMGI is nice- was there for the Holland friendly. Still way too big for a soccer game (sound doesn't travel as well as at GS even), but great facilities (food, beer, bathrooms) and a shocking improvement over the old Boro.

Anyone want to start taping either EPL games or movies for the ride home? Not sure if we want to make "Street Trash" a habit on every roadtrip ;), classic moment in the history of cinema though it is.

18. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I'm paying this week for both this and the DC trip..

WHo wants me to bring a tape of "Goodfellas"??

19. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    Who's next? Who's coming and who's staying? Stand up and be counted right now, people. Do your damnedest to see to it that this trip sells out as soon as possible.

So who's raising hell at the New Boro? Who?

20. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    if there's a chance I don't get the money for the bus in time or I want to make an entire weekend of it, can I meet up with the group t the stadium and still get into the section (after paying for the ticket of course)

21. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In...
    YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

22. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    good to see flip's not deed!!!!

23. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    The ESC will be out in full force on Wednesdy night as Metro look to build an insurmountable lead over the rest of this dreadful division. Anyone and everyone wishing to dutifully get involved in their supporters club and Metro will be able to do so hassle-free with any one of our ship's crew.

Allow me to introduce you to the staff:

Michael Sansone fulfilling membership requests
    Michael Koch accepting road trip payments and fielding Swedish pop trivia challenges
    Me, Ron Ferguson taking banner contributions
    and last but not least, of course,
    your bartender Isaac.

Any self-respecting Metro supporter need come to Metro Wednesday night with just 45 skins on them; sign up for the roadtrip and throw the extra Hamilton in the banner pot.

So get busy on ebay, folks. Sell anything that ain't nailed down. You'll need the extra cushion cash to fund that 48 hour piss up known as ESC takes Boston: Metro v San Jose, MLS Cup 2002!

24. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
  25. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    Wednesday Night

Stop by Lot 16A to sign up for this trip before Wednesday night's match v Columbus.