Eriksson????

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by reelmaad, Jun 6, 2006.

1. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    **********ing Eriksson....utter and total madness....please lord make Baldasano **********ing lose...the guy is obviously off his rockers....

Maybe theres something about Sven i'm missing.....can someone enlighten me as to why sven would be right for us????

Hala Sanz.....

2. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    kill me now

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WTF is going on in here :D

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Baldasano has named Ericsson as coach in his candidacy

5. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    Well then I'll be prayin for Baldasano to lose alongside Sanz then!
    -

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no disrespect to ReelMaad, but we already have a Elections thread, no reason to open a thread about eriksson when we have a thread for elections, candidates and the guys they want to sign

7. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    What...don't ya want Del Bosque back???

8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Isn't Sanz the same guy who put us in debt? Why would anyone want him to be president again?

9. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam
    Wenger would be best choice for Madrid

10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    While Del Bosque would not be my choice for coach, he would not be the end of the world.......BUT I certainly dont want Sanz back, hell, even if he went for Laudrup as coach (my choice;) ), I wouldn't want him back.

11. solid_snake

solid_snake New Member

May 24, 2006
    Eriksson loves the long ball game. The fact that he lets Peter Crouch start for England tells you what kind of manager he is. Kick it to the big man, head, goal. Not the kind of stuff real madrid fans should have to endure! And lets face it, RM has been playing some ugly football for the past two seasons anyway. Eriksson will only add to this! We all criticise chelsea for their ugly football, (and rightly so), but it looks like they're gonna do something positive about it next season (ie. ballack and sheva will sort it out ;) ). But if RM get Eriksson, I guess the ugly football will continue for you guys.

Oh yeh, and those of you hoping to see beckham used perhaps as a sub from time to time... you might as well forget if Eriksson comes to madrid. He'll start him every match, and will probably make him the captain or sumthing. :eek:

12. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Eriksson???? oh lord. I thought he was completely out of it and no candidate preferred him. I really do not want Eriksson. Laudrup, Schuster and Wenger are the best ones.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh.. we don't need a Barca supporter aiding us in our presidential pickings...

and Mods merge this thread with election.. I mean seriously.. WHY make a seperate thread?

14. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    We're rich and losing....i'd rather be poor and winning;)

15. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    no *********ng thanks.

16. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    That's because you are not a socio and it's all the same to you whether Madrid is a public sports club or a privately owned corporation. To some of us that is a vital distinction. I'd rather crawl around the second division and feel part of this club than win every single title possible while someone chucks his petro-$$$ at his latest toy.

17. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One thing I will credit Baldasano for is the fact that he has everything in place. He has his manager, sporting director and the 2 glamorous players he intends to bring with him. Calderon and Villar Vir who are presumablly the 2 leading candidates don't have anything concrete over who they will appoint as manager.

I'm against the opinion of the majority here that Eriksson is a disastrous choice. A problem with Real Madrid over the past 3 years is that when problems go wrong the manager is always the scapegoat. If Eriksson is such a bad manager then why has he been a central part of England becoming one of the best teams in the world. You can say that he has got great players around him but whats to say that if we build a great team then why can we not make ourselves great again? The manager can only do so much but it ultimatley comes down to the players. I for one don't rate Frank Rijkard as a particuarly good manager but look what he has accomplished at Barcelona.

I am in no way promoting Eriksson as the ideal manager but it's really not the end of the world. The only reason why I would take either Schuster of Laudrup ahead of him is because they are more familiar with madrisimo. However, I would happily take Eriksson if we got Reyes, Joaquin, a centre back and 2 new central midfielders.

18. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I too think Eriksson is not a bad choice. That said, Baldasano's chances are smaller than a snowball's in hell, which is why he is promising to sign all these players: he has nothing concrete signed or agreed with any of them, only vague promises that the players made because they know he can't win. Ditto for Eriksson.

19. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    madrid 1902,
    u said. and i quote just without the funny quote square
    ""However, I would happily take Eriksson if we got Reyes, Joaquin, a centre back and 2 new central midfielders.""
    thats not what we need tho. we dont need reyes, nor do we need joaquin , atleast as bad as we need a DM,CB and LB. all top class.
    leftmid,rightmid,and 2 central midfielders are something we dont need.
    2 CM's why? we have baptista,guti and god dam gravesen all who ideally would and should play in CM
    DM is what we need, CB we definately NEED and left back incase carlos leaves. in this case to chelsea? del horno is my choice in a swap.
    abidal, zambrotta, ashley cole all great players capable of taking the role of carlos.
    dm, well. if cheaper than what it seemed, diarra would be my choice, or whoever else.
    CB is also a must, to teach and share the duties with ramos.
    anyway. like i said, baldasano's players are not needed and quite stupid actually. joaquin? when erikson as coach u think joaquin is gonna get a chance? thats if becks is still here..

20. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Baptista is an AM. He has played at his best in that position for us and Sevilla. Why do you want to srop him back which limits his ability? Guti is inconsitent as hell. He has an arrogance about him that when he establishes himself in the starting 11 he is untouchable. He is one of my favourite players but he plays his best when he comes off the bench. Gravesen? The player who was bought as a temporary DM? He past his sell by date after his first 6 months. I want players like Oubina, Cesc, Raul Garcia and Gago(even though i haven't seen much of him). They are all up and coming stars who would fit in well.

I have been wanting a new left back for 2 seasons now but now it finally seems like a possibilty. Why would you want Del Horno in the team? He got famous from scoring a few goals against Real Madrid. I would keep Carlos a head of him. Zambrotta and Pasqual would be my ideal left backs.
    CB is also a must, to teach and share the duties with ramos.
    We don't neccesarily need a pure defensive midfielder. If you have 2 players who can combat each other nicely where the 2 central midfielders in the pivot function as a unit then you are sorted. For example a neat pairing of Oubina and Cesc would work nicely as opposed to playing with just one DM like Diarra.

You have to think about this logically. If Baldasano has a gentlemans agreement with Eriksson then it is highly likely they discussed players should he get elected. Robinho is not a LW, Reyes is. I would certainly prefer to paly Robinho in the support striker role which I repeat again, is the position he plays best in. As another poster said perhaps Eriksson would want to use Beckham at the bottom of the diamond and play Joaquin as the right winger. You also have to consider that advertising players like Reyes and Joaquin are going to attract peoples attention.

21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Why would someone make a vague promise to a candidate, if he knows the candidate can't win?

22. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Baldasano is just setting an example of how not to win an election. Soon he'll be writing the book.

23. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    According to AS villar mir is after him too

** i think AS is just posting propaganda here. Obviously pro-Calderon. Just look at the pic of SGE on there. Couldn't they find a more respectable pic of him?!

24. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    So you're telling if you had a choice between.....

Having a title to show for each season of the last three seasons while in debt....and our present predicament

You'd choose our present predicament :rolleyes:

25. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Choose our present predicament over being on the verge of bancrupcy, ceasing to exist and a for sale sign on the Bernabeu?.....yes I think I would.