Eric Wynalda diaries.

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by DestroyerDaMarc, Nov 4, 2007.

1. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, I like creating journals for my managers in games like these and no one more better situated for comments, opinons, and answers is better than an Erc Wynalda. I thought about playing as him in 07 but took a different route as a Turkish soccer great. Now this year I came to the descision that its better off I play as the one and only. I started the career date in July for two reasons,

a) a MLS coach in this game is always under pressure. And while I disagree with how underpressure some of them are, with the likes of Preki in 2nd place and being told he might not make it; its fun to see where it leads.

b) if the game is played right at the time some top players like Johnson and Ruiz start getting that ant's in the pants wanting to move to another team so it allows me to possibly get both with solid deals.

I got the job as Red Bulls manager because of the fact te Bruze had unregistered Juan Pablo Angel and the team were in 4th place and falling. Now grant it the first part of the season was playing with Western Conference foes but there is no need for a team with the talent the Bulls have to be in 4th place. I was asked to step in on the 3rd and my first game was on the 4th of July against TFC. That's where the stories begins. Please at the end feel free to comment or post back I always enjoy feedback.

A Independent Mind
    AP Toronto, Ontario. In what can be called a trial by Toronto, New York Reb Bull's newest member; Eric Wynalda got a "W" for the 4th place side. After letting go famous USMNT and MLS coach Bruce Arena; the former US international who played under him became the new master. Two days ago when Arena was let go there was heavy speculation as to who the new head of state would be but as Eric recalls "I got a call in my Santa Monica home, and couldn't refuse. For me it was an opportunity to build a club up from the ground and that's what I wanted to do.

Red Bull fans and staff were all shocked when at a afternoon press conference just 21 hours after Arena was given the door; Wynalda was given the reigns. Now after a shock hireing another shocking event took place; a New York comeback.

Down 1-0 at half after a tremendous free kick by Toronto's Jim Brennen Wynalda lead the team at halftime by telling them to keep up the good work.

"I didn't want to fire and brimestone the guys but I think they got the message." After two long shots by Jozy Altidore, and a cross bar hit by halftime subsitute Francis Doe; Wynalda decided to take out Cint Mathis who's feet look liked they came off. "I felt Clint was tireing and I couldn't see him get hurt so I brought on Silvio [Quaranta]".

Some might call it a bold descision but it worked, within five minutes a flick by Conway to Altidore who headed to Doe found the feet of Silvio 25 yeards out and with a wonder strike beat goalkeeper Steankapolis, to tie at 1 but the team wasn't done there. Liberian international and talent Francis Doe ran in after a wondershot by Altidore hit the goalie and post and clinically finished.

When asked about the tremendous kick-off to his managerial campaign; coach Wynalda simpliy smiled and said "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, it was just a 4th of July win. Sadly though because we played in Canada no fireworks to go with it." This Saturday the Bulls come home to face the Dynamo at Giants Stadium.

More to come...