Eredivisie 2017-2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    As long as we have a party on the Stadhuisplein in Eindhoven somewhere around the end of April or early in May 2018, I am happy to read these trash talk all season long.

To be more serious, there is nothing to say really. It all depends how the squads of all 3 clubs look like in September before I good prediction can be made, in my opinion. The good thing is all 3 clubs have learned from the past, and do well financially. All 3 clubs do not depend on the selling players so they can refuse an offer if they don't like it. The latest years the Dutch club sell their stars only for serious money, no more Eredivisie summer sale.

I see you discuss a lot about the title contenders, but what are your thoughts about the rest of the league, especially the teams fightinmg for an European ticket. I think that is interesting as well. I am impressed by what Vitesse did this summer so far. Bruns and Serero are good midfielders to replace Baker and Nakamba. Matavz is a big signing for them to replace van Wolfswinkel. Linssen seems to be their left winger. Mason Mount is named as one of the players from Chelsea to join the Arnhem side. I think they getting a great team. Veldwijk seems to be their back-up striker. They might be the favorites to finsih 4th and might be closer to the top 3 then ever.

Utrecht did a great job as well. Selling Haller early on so the can reshape their squad early on, being prepared for the EL qualifier matches. With Makienok a big signing and Dessers and vd Streek from the Jupiler League both scoring a lot of goals on the 2 tier. To bad for them they lose Amrabat, but they might sign a replacement. Maybe Veerman will join them.

AZ had a quiet summer so far, only bring in Dutch goalkeeper Bizot coming over from Genk. Decent goalkeeper, probably better then this Uruguayan kid who wasn't good enough. AZ should improve their attacking line, but it seems the board is not willing to do so. Weghorst work hard but lacks talent. Friday is a disaster and lazy as hell. And the left wing isn't good enough as well with dos Santos, Garcia and Tankovic all got their chances last season but neither of those 3 stepped up.

Heerenveen and Groningen are fading away a bit. Heerenveen probably sell Larsson, Fiorentina is linked. The have a lot of work to be done as their team looked shaky last season. Groningen might lose Linssen (Vitesse), Tibbling (Brøndby) and Mahi (England). and face a difficult season.

2. They probably should have moved in some academy players before they got snatched up by foreign topclubs, like the kid to Borussia. They have some really good stuff in their academy.

3. I am curious how FC Twente are going to do this season. The European ban by the KNVB ends next season I guess, so nw they really have something to fight for.

4. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, I think AZ is doing fine giving their academy players a chance in the first team. I actually think they can't give more chance to their academy players then they do now.

Vlaar (c), Luckassen, Haps, Rienstra, van Overeem and dos Santos are all graduates of their academy and regular starters in their first XI. Then you have Hadtzidiakos, Ouwejan, Til, Stengs, Helmer are on the bench quite often last season making their minutes in the first team as well.

The AZ doing well, their reserve team got promoted to the 2nd tier of Dutch football, with an impressive amount of points (more then 20 points ahead of the team finished 2nd). Most other youth teams compete for the top places in their leagues.

This attracts some foreign teams to lure youth palyers to join them. AZ can't compete financially, so some will be persuaded. But the kid that went to Dortmund was good but the best players remain.

I think AZ should offload a bunch of players, they have a big squad with lots of players who doesn't make them better. With a good left winger and a proper striker they can reclaim the 4th place.

5. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I expect another easy season for Twente, finishing between place 7 and 10. The lost Klich who was a good player for them, but they earn a lot of money in 1 year. And off course Unal which made a lot of goals. With Boere they had a great signing, as he is the topscorer of the JL 16/17. Will be interesting if he can replace Unal. Holla is a decent Eredivise player. Vuckic yet unknown, former talent looking for a second chance. Twente will sign another winger, Sigurdarson of Tromso was on the radar but both clubs could not reach an agreement. The will get a decent team with the little resources they have. If they can finish the next couple of season between place 8-12 and sell every summer 1 or 2 players for € 1m+ amounts and replace them properly, they do fine. In a couple of seasons the should be able to compete for European spots.

What I don't understand is some team will not learn from the Twente disaster and more recenlty teams like ADO, Roda and NEC. A club like NAC already has 5 players loaned from City. Bringing in tons of foreigners, rely on a terrible club like City. Teams like Excelsior and Heracles are examples how you run a club wisely, watch and learn NAC.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I see ONE title in 18 years has already gone to your head :ROFLMAO:

7. Well, that was exactly what I wrote about the ManCity/Chelsea loans and why I firmly object against the Rodney Kongolo flirt with a Feyenoord loan. You end up adding value on a player not yours and in the mean time frustrate youth players that do have value for the club, being blocked by the loanies.

RWB1 repped this.
  8. Got a big head, so plenty room for a few in a row:cool:

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can see that :D

10. We already did beat you on the transfer market as we snapped Amrabat away from your gready hands. Now we need to beat you for the signature of Arthur Henrique Ramos de Oliveira Melo.
    But we can offer CL football and that counts.
    He made a big impression when he played against Feyenoord U19 in a tournement last year in the USA.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    By signing Amrabat you did us a huge favor, because now we don't have to sign them

12. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    AS Monaco laat oogje vallen op Kongolo
    3 juli 2017, 16:17 uur 57
    [​IMG]
    Feyenoord dreigt na Rick Karsdorp nog een verdediger te verliezen. AS Monaco heeft meer dan gemiddelde interesse in Terence Kongolo.

De 23-jarige Kongolo, die zowel op links als centraal achterin uit de voeten kan, heeft nog een contract tot medio 2019 in Rotterdam. Feyenoord kan daardoor een mooie transfersom vragen voor drievoudig Oranje-international.

Bij AS Monaco kan Kongolo de opvolger worden van Benjamin Mendy, die in verband wordt gebracht met Manchester City als bestemming. De Monegasken volgen hem al langer.

13. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Vitesse signed Linssen from Groningen. They get an impressive team for Eredivisie standards. They will get some players from Chelsea as well. Interesting team.

Great for FC Den Haag to see Immers return, a real local hero.

14. Sparta signed a promising central defender from Germany, Julian Jeffrey Gaston Chabot.
    [​IMG]
    RB Leipzig-Talent Chabot wechselt zu Sparta Rotterdam
    Aus der U19

RB Leipzig hat den ablösefreien Wechsel von Julian Chabot (Foto) zu Sparta Rotterdam bestätigt. Der 19-jährige Innenverteidiger war in der abgelaufenen Saison Stammspieler in der Leipziger U19 und kam sogar zu einem Einsatz in der Regionalliga-Mannschaft der Sachsen.

I see he was on a free transfer. Why didnot Feyenoord seize him?

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he is really that good why is the second place team in the Bundesliga letting him go?

16. We can ask @Epitome990 what he thinks of him.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Chabot is a decent prospect but has certain limitations. He's tall, and is strong on duels and aerial headers. However, his movement lacks a bit of fluidity. His ability to operate as a distributor from the central defensive position also needs work.

18. Thanks for the update!

19. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    'Ajax en Feyenoord strijden om de nieuwe Andrés Iniesta'

Ajax en Feyenoord zijn in de markt voor de Braziliaanse spelmaker Arthur. De middenvelder van Grêmio heeft nog een contract tot 2019, maar wil graag een volgende stap in zijn loopbaan maken.

Dus is Nederland een goede optie voor de man die in zijn eigen land 'de nieuwe Andrés Iniesta' wordt genoemd. Volgens het Braziliaanse medium Redonda hebben zowel Ajax als Feyenoord interesse.

Door het vertrek van Davy Klaassen in Amsterdam is er een vacature op het middenveld ontstaan, terwijl de Rotterdammers de ploeg moeten versterken om hoge ogen te gooien in de Champions League.

20. I already mentioned that on monday! My sources are faster than yours;)

Rinus127 repped this.
  21. Kramer, the German U19 coach about him:
    "Abwehr
    Julian Chabot (Sparta Rotterdam): Julian ist ein wuchtiger Innenverteidiger, der seine großen Stärken im Zweikampfverhalten zeigt. Als Stürmer gegen ihn zu spielen, macht keinen Spaß. Nebenbei überzeugt er aber auch durch sein scharfes und sicheres Aufbauspiel."

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Samba Sam Larsson refused to be in team's photo this week and a departure seems imminent. Latest rumors indicate a potential move to Celta de Vigo in La Liga for about 6 Mio euros.

http://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=309239

23. Vitesse brings in another bunch of Chelski youth loans.
    Mason Mount (18) with Fankaty Dabo and Charlie Colkett come from Londen to Arnhem.
    It doesnot inspire much confidence in the chances that Vitesse are going to contribute to our coefficient.
    I really rather had seen AZ in the EL. That club has an engrained tenacity to do well in the EL. It is part of that club's mentality. Apart from the top 3, no other club with perhaps the exception of FC Twente has the mentality to fight on European level.

Orange14 repped this.
  24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #49 wilson00, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Would probably agree there but they are injecting young players into first team so the future isnt bleak either. Lar ten Teije, Mitchell van Bregen, thomas Buitink, lassana faye,Julian Lelieveld, Julian calor,all could get minutes these season as Vitesse with need extra player to cope with heavy schedule. Im sure rotation of players will be crucial here other wise there will be high number of causalities.will minus buitink from the list as he is still not ready yet.

Also given the depatures of wolfswinkel, Leerdam, Diks, Nakamba, Tighadouini needed reinforcement big time and if you consider if not for the chelsea loanes the team would have been without much needed depth and its would jus have been a vaccation for them in europa.

25. A curious trend is developing. James horsfield is the latest of a group of young English players that prefer to sign a contract with Dutch Eredivisieclubs with lower paychecks than to stay in England.