EPL tips

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by RobB, Oct 15, 2003.

1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    If anyone here bets on the EPL two games to look out for this weekend are Charlton to win at Blackburn (3.80) and Everton to beat Southampton (2.00). Teams that have played in Europe usually underperform next game, especially if they get knocked out of the UEFA cup.

2. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I generally like picking against teams after European competition, but I can't make up my mind here. Charlton have been playing well, but Blackburn didn't have to travel and they're generally about the hardest team to figure out one way or the other. Tough trip for Southampton. Maybe they're a better pick? Or maybe best to take both as one will likely come through.

3. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    A win double would come out at about 8-1, two saving bets would be correct score draws, 1-1 Everton/Southampton and 2-2 Blackburn/Charlton. I`ve been impressed with Charlton this season and would be surprised if they lost at Blackburn, unless if they had the bad luck like against my team three weeks ago. They lost 2-1 but should really have won 4-2.

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Neither Charlton nor Everton to lose (1 bet) pays 2.15 at gamebookers. I think that's a better bet. For fun though maybe I'll go with 5 units on that and 2 units on a double of Charlton and Everton to win. (7.60 at gamebookers, better elsewhere)

5. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I`ve just gone for the win double. It`s a little bit riskier but I think Charlton are good value for the win, makes overall price better. Just looking on gamebookers` specials, Alpay 3.50 not to play another match for Villa. I have it on good authority he`ll be released from his contract on Tuesday and join Hertha Berlin so that should be a banker, since he`s not in the team for Sunday. Only downside he may hold out for a pay-off and hang around for a while, and end up getting a game.

6. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Everton 0-0 Southampton
    Blackburn 0-1 Charlton

I think your`re right! Having picked out Charlton as the value bet I can`t believe I allowed Everton to ruin it. Good result for S`ton though, to go to Romania and get beat and grind out a draw next game. Next Saturdays win double just falls into place after these results. S`ton to beat Blackburn and Villa to beat Everton. With maybe Wolves to beat Leicester to boost the price.

7. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    On the BBC Website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/3209137.stm

Banked.

8. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Good job. I looked for that after your post but none of my bookmakers offered it.

9. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    They must have had a flurry of bets when the rumour started going around, and closed the book on it. Just looking at some of Sundays games I was going to go Arsenal to win 3-1 against Charlton, but it`s just 13.00. 4-1 at 26.00 looks tempting, I usually read Arsenal well, they`ll be up for a big win, no question.

10. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Juan Pablo Angel 2.37 to score anytime against Everton is cracking good bet. I`m surprised by that price. 5.50 first scorer is not bad either.

11. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Hmm.....last time I watched Angel he was missing sitters against Chelski. Looked great in earlier games though. Might be worth a shot, though I should know better. I always lose when I take goal scorer bets.

I'm steering clear of Arsenal, coming back from Kiev and all. Viera's out, right? I'm actually thinking of taking Charlton at +0.5 for 2.40 from gamebookers.

As for the remainder of the matches, I' think I'll take Tottenham (1.95), but that's about it.

12. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I understand your caution with goalscorers, they can be unpredictable, even the best like RVN and Henry there are no guarantees. Spurs v Boro, Boro are the strangest team in the EPL I cannot read them one bit. Their win at Southampton was almost as crazy as their loss at home to Leeds, Mendieta is becoming more influential. Nemeth first scorer at 12.00 is the value bet. Spurs are in a little bit of good form, Kanoute is out though.
    Charlton are looking good this season but are better away from home when they have a bit more space to work with, they`re susceptable to genuine class (Man U and Arsenal only). Worth a try for a Charlton win with the handicap. Arsenals trip to Kiev was last Tuesday and the games` on Sunday so should be enough recovery time for them, could be a good game to watch.

13. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    As a Villa fan I`m biased so my judgement may be clouded (was last week) but, Villa to win, 5.10, and Hitzlsperger to score the last goal 26.00 are worth a look. An outside Double might be Villa win at Newcastle and Portsmouth draw at Man Utd at a price of 26.50. Charlton will beat Birmingham on Monday night 3.70.

14. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'm going with a double of Man Utd. (After last week's collapse, they can't fail to get all 3 points at home to Portsmouth, can they?) and Spurs. Bolton evidently have some pretty substantial injury concerns in the back. And they are Bolton. A double pays 2.15-2.20 at gamebookers.

15. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I won`t discourage your bet, but there are some teams I don`t trust. Spurs are top of that list. Villa would probably be quite high but rose tinted specs mean I allow my team to ruin bets from time to time. Spurs + Man Utd to both win, I can see it yes, but I`ve gone with Portsmouth for a big outsider. I need two goals from Sheringham to stand a chance. I prefer Pompeys formation to Man Utd.`s. 4-4-1-1 compared to 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 of Utd. Utd waste RVN playing that way. Watch him score a hat-trick now I`ve said that!

16. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Charlton did beat Birmingham in the end. Their odds will start to come down abit now, 3.70 was a good price. They`re at home to Fulham next, who won at Old Trafford last away game, so 2-2 looks good. I predict Birmingham to fall away now, 26.00 for Birmingham to be relegated? Away to Wolves next game, 0-0 absolute cast iron certainty, both teams will be too afraid to lose.
    It`s a pity Arsenal couldn`t have got that 4-1 a week earlier, I knew they were due a big away win, Should have kept with them. Arsenal to beat Kiev 2-0 in ECL midweek.

17. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Arsenal 1-0 Kiev

Arsenal scored too late to give the 2-0 bet a chance. Instead of looking for an Insurance goal they just closed up for the last 4/5 minutes. I`ll keep with them though, 2-0 to beat spurs this weekend at 7/1.

Tonight I`ve a double. Man City 4-2 Groclin (50/1) and Basle 2-1 Newcastle (6/1). 2 singles and Double. The double: 300/1. I`m more confident about the Man City game, they score plenty but they also concede a few aswell.

18. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Man City 1-1 Groclin
    Basle 2-3 Newcastle

Basle and Newcastle was 2-1 after just 15 mins, Newcastle are starting to look like a good away side. Man City scored after 6 mins and had other chances as did Groclin, but crap finishing was the order of the day. Newcastle are away to Chelsea Sunday and are an amazing 5.25, Leicester at Man City are 7.00! Although Leicester lost a 3 goal lead at Wolves last week they still managed the 3-0 to begin with. The win double at 37.00 is worth a couple of quid I think. Both Leicester and Newcastle to win 2-1 is 316.00.

19. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Wolves 1-1 Birmingham

Well, both were to afraid to lose so it ended in a draw, unfortunatly they found a couple of goals so the certain 0-0 went down.