EPL Talk Podcast

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Aug 14, 2009.

1. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    After spending 50 minutes listening to bigshots from all 3 major networks I only gleaned a few little nuggets that would be news to anyone on here:

Goltv-Have plans to offer every Bundesliga match on broadband in the next 1.5-2 months.
    -Will be announcing that they have secured the rights to a new European "League" that is only played during the week(has to be Europa League im assuming)

Setanta-All Mr. O Rourke had to offer was some useless info and question evasion, although he did say that this year no live champions league matches will be available on their broadband channel(it would be nice if they posted this info on the site so people arent under the impression that this isnt the case when they subscribe). He said that they should be able to show these matches delayed like they do on the regular channel, so something like when they repeat a champions league game that they showed live earlier at 245, at 7:00 or so, the match would be available at this point on broadband. But again like all his answers, he was vague and didn't really commit to anything he said, so I will believe this when I see it.

FSC-Not sure this is news, but acknowledged that the top champions league match per round will always be on the regional cable affiliate in HD, that all 8 games will be available live every matchday on the various channels, and he acknowledged the possibility of a pre emption on a regional sports network, but said he spoke to everyone concerned and hoped that this didn't happen.
    Also mentioned that FSC will go HD for sure January 1st, not really news, but it will be interesting to see who steps in first to actually carry the channel. He didn't sound like they had anyone committed yet.

2. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member

Apr 9, 2005
    I noticed Kartik had some problems knowing who was whom with the GOL TV guys.

3. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I'd figure DirecTV will probably offer FSC HD within half a year or so of launch, possibly Cablevision/iO as well. Comcast/COX/Time Warner and Dish may be tougher negotiations, if NewsCorp's past dealings are any indication. JMO

4. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    I know I'm late....but next time could you ask them...what are the chances of showing African Soccer?